Missing 10,000 it’s time too turn up

whaley bridge Ram

13 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Not turning up to a game because you have had direct contact with someone with Covid19 isn’t a sign of cowardice. It’s called being a thoroughly decent and responsible person. Thinking of more vulnerable people, rather than just thinking of themselves. 

If you read top bit I said he was doing right by staying away.

All I am saying is if people just staying because of cov19 just need to be brave face head on. I know for some people not always that easy.

I think this is a sore subject for us as we collectively have banged on about having so many fans in the stadium and now we have fewer than Forest and Boro it makes those statements look silly. 

Given that attendances haven't been affected much elsewhere my best guess is that people aren't coming because we aren't that good. At the BBG is was always like this. 

It's a shame really as nearly all the home games have been pretty entertaining this year.

38 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Personally, I think it's quite cool.  I'd love to have an open marriage where that sort of thing is not only allowed, but encouraged!

...Apart from the rash bit.  People with "That sort of rash" disgust me, quite frankly!   

Will that news about your marriage come as any surprise to Muckerette? 
@FindernRam may be able to offer helpful advice by the looks of it

21 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I think this is a sore subject for us as we collectively have banged on about having so many fans in the stadium and now we have fewer than Forest and Boro it makes those statements look silly. 

Given that attendances haven't been affected much elsewhere my best guess is that people aren't coming because we aren't that good. At the BBG is was always like this. 

It's a shame really as nearly all the home games have been pretty entertaining this year.

Blackburn has attendances under 10 K. Huge drop there.

27 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I think covid has an effect in that it has broken the pattern of regular attendance for many fans. Very few of the people who sat round us have returned since the break. I'm sure they aren't all victims of the virus, but once you get out of the habit of attending you might question why you were still doing it.

Have to say new faces are drifting in to our stand and they are noisier and more engaged with the football - it's fun! 

Just now, Matlock Old Ram said:

I’ve had 2 season tickets since 1968 and renewed them again for this season. As me and the good lady are both shielding at the moment we’re not going to the games at the moment but I’ve still paid out good money and watching the games on tv. 

That's dedication - well done and I hope you can come back soon. ?

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

Hate to say it but Forest averaging 24k and 17th in the league is bloody impressive. Points deduction away we're not having a wildly different season. 

i think you find after last seasons turgid football,our lost support is the gumps gain.there has always been a floating amount of people who go to watch football with no allegiance to either club 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

If you read top bit I said he was doing right by staying away.

All I am saying is if people just staying because of cov19 just need to be brave face head on. I know for some people not always that easy.

You keep using the word brave. For lots of people it could be fatal. I realise you have limited capacity to fully grasp the potential consequences of people risking getting Covid19. Some people could die, some will be healthy but cannot afford to be off work for 10 days. Some will have vulnerable loved ones. It isn’t brave to turn up for some people, it would be reckless 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

If ever you need to stay over, we have a good spare room and you'd be made welcome. I have an Irish passport and Irish heritage. I'm a frequent visitor to Eire. 

prior to rona, EMA we could fly in and out same day for approx 40euro . But now flights only one a day at 8pm so now its a stop over for home games. 

Next games at home Blackpool and Sheffield hotels are booked and  cheap , got jury's for 40euro 

Sooner Ryanair get flights back to normal the better 

Ps

I'm not Irish ?

Edited by OUTSIDER