Missing 10,000 it’s time too turn up

whaley bridge Ram

1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

To be honest, I am not concerned about the majority of the “missing 10,000”.

Quite often they are the ones who are showing up and moaning about the fact that the current crop can’t spread 60 yard pinpoint passes and score every time we go forward. Oh, and why aren’t our keepers able to dominate the box and perform better than any keeper we have ever seen?

The atmosphere at the ground is much less poisonous as a result.

Tripe!

Covid has been the reason for my limited visits to Pride Park, despite having a season ticket. Most of the season ticket holders I have sat with for over 20 years have not been back. They were not moaners or grumblers so keep your bilious judgments to yourself. I'm just hoping they are still alive!

12 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

This is exactly it. It's not the virus itself, it's the habit that's been broken. Some people seem to think they have better things to do than watch a regularly disappointing, average championship team. 

I know I don't! 

This is me, Cash is not the issue, Time is not the issue, It's that I find todays football has been sanitised by those we can't see, Taking the knee, VAR, New rules that make a simple game a little more complicated, Feigning injury...yes it's been in the game for years, Now it's a tactic to break the game up, Referees, The spontaneity has gone altho not affected in the EFL...Yet!

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is me, Cash is not the issue, Time is not the issue, It's that I find todays football has been sanitised by those we can't see, Taking the knee, VAR, New rules that make a simple game a little more complicated, Feigning injury...yes it's been in the game for years, Now it's a tactic to break the game up, Referees, The spontaneity has gone altho not affected in the EFL...Yet!

Know what you mean

But

Its a day out for me ,meeting up for a few pints before the game a few after making a day of it !. I dont think Im a marter to the cause because I actually enjoy it all .Get dissapointed and even dispondant sometimes but the overall feeling is a GOOD one .

And we dont take the knee lol

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Fiver a ticket for 23 yrs old and under .  Season tickets for 23 and under for £ 100, or see the match for less than it cost to buy the pint before as its known.  24 K is shocking at those rates 

Cheap season tickets is one reason but my Forest supporting boss explained to me that the season before last they sold shed loads of advance season tickets because they expected to have a reduced capacity whilst they built their new stand. Those advance sales then carried over to this season due to covid and the new stand seems to have disappeared 

13 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

One thing I noticed during the Bournemouth game. I'm sat in the East stand and looking over to the West stand, there were several of the boxes seemed completely empty ? Are we not selling them at the moment ?

I pretty sure as with all the catering sides of things at DCFC that boxes are only partially sold due to staffing issues?

14 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Is there? I don’t think I’ve met one.

the people i am talking about are not supporters of either club,they go where the free/cheap tickets are.back in the late seventies my mates son in law worked for trent buses,he had the choice of complimentary tickets for both clubs,home and away,this still goes on for people in the know,this  accounts for a lot of the shift in numbers

3 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

the people i am talking about are not supporters of either club,they go where the free/cheap tickets are.back in the late seventies my mates son in law worked for trent buses,he had the choice of complimentary tickets for both clubs,home and away,this still goes on for people in the know,this  accounts for a lot of the shift in numbers

Not doubting you but That woukd be a lot of complimentary tickets - sure way to tell would be decrease in income from seat sales. If its mainly due to this effect there will be no change in income if a lot of the reduced number had complimentary seats anyway?
Other than me, which is more complicated, the 5 people I personally know who aren't going or havent renewed its mainly down to covid - financial effect or health concerns. A couple are still on reduced pay. Mainly they live away so it is not just the risk/cost at the ground but also the risk/cost of getting there, not wanting to be cramped onto their usual train to and from match, not wanting to/cant afford staying away in a hotel for evening matches, petrol price, not wanting to take the p at work swapping hours at the moment as one feels job not secure, etc, etc. Add to that the rearranged matches times and the numbers soon add up. From responses on here re supporting Derby we seem to have quite a large number of fans who travel to matches which if you have job/ other commitments is logistically challenging at best of times, more so when skint and covid around

4 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Maybe if the TV company decided to keep the kick offs to 15:00pm Saturdays more people would turn up. 12:00pm on a Sunday was a horrible kick off time. We're not a Premier League tourist team who will fill the ground regardless of date and time.

Oh it was a bas time for a game,  missed flight back and no show for work...... I blame sky for it... not us winning and rejoicing all round Derby till 3am Monday morning ???

10 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Tripe!

Covid has been the reason for my limited visits to Pride Park, despite having a season ticket. Most of the season ticket holders I have sat with for over 20 years have not been back. They were not moaners or grumblers so keep your bilious judgments to yourself. I'm just hoping they are still alive!

I'd agree that it is not the moaners or grumblers that have disappeared. Our games this season have largely been in a good atmosphere because we have done well and our expectations are lower. This will quickly turn around if we start losing 3 nil at home to Barnsley.

As for Covid, I appreciate that is your reason and it will be the same with others, but this is not reflected at nearly all other clubs. This makes me think that Covid is just a tiny part of it for those that are missing and that it is mostly for other reasons. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

The vaccine reduces the risk, it doesn't eliminate it. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

People who ignore the seriousness of Covid infection do so at that their own risk, is all that I am saying. 

44 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

only if you’re sucked in by the baalocks.

Lets leave it there lads.

Feel free to go over to the Coronavirus thread if you really want a pointless debate!