Missing 10,000 it’s time too turn up

whaley bridge Ram

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Fixed that for you, Whaley. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it? ?

You missed out caring for very sick relatives, family members working away at odd times so frequently selfishly taking the car on match days, children's exams and by the way is Rammie back yet as there may be protests at that?
Sorry I jumped down throats on this but I am desperate to come and cant for various reasons and such unfair comments are the ultimate red flag. 

I get that you're trying to encourage people to turn up, but you're possibly approaching the situation in the wrong way.

I'm sure there are plenty of valid reasons that people can't attend matches even if they wanted to. Doesn't mean they aren't supporting the team to the fullest of their ability. It's not about bothering to turn up.

For example, I haven't been to a match this season, but that is down to quite a few factors. I don't live anywhere near Derby any more to make a season ticket good value, I have other financial responsibilities that I need to prioritise (young family) and I've recently taken a pay cut in order to secure a new job that I needed to get my mental health back on track.

There could be any number of perfectly valid reasons that the "missing 10,000" aren't there every home game, but it doesn't mean that they matter less than the awesome fans that are there home and away and supporting the lads from the stands.

They get my support every match in the ways that I can support them - screaming at the TV, paying to watch on Rams TV, educating my kids to support The Rams even though their classmates all support Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal...

We also have the 6th highest average attendance in the league. Not very far off the 4th highest (Boro). I am sure with more positive results we can see more people attending and the players responding positively to it, but I just hope that those who are attending don't feel that people who aren't turning up regularly are any less of a Rams fan than they are.

I don't think the OP intended to ruffle any feathers. His intentions were just to try and get bums on seats and a rallying cry for those that can attend, to get themselves down to PP.

One thing for certain is that we do have great support and after the last two games, I can see PP rocking on Monday night whether we have 20k or 30k watching. 

Bloody loud and proud last night and each and everyone played their part. I can't imagine what 6k Leeds fans would have sounded like ?

I tend to think the support is better when attendances are smaller because it's the hard core who do get properly behind the team. 

People blame Covid for the fall in attendances, but the problem is unique to Derby so I think it's much more a mixture of the demoralized fanbase following administration and the fact we're not very good and hardly ever score or look like scoring. If it weren't for the points deduction we'd be projected at 53 points for the season, which would mean a relegation struggle anyway. With 21 points taken off that we're doomed so we know this will be a season of misery with the occasional high (eg Bournemouth).

Football should be entertaining but we do not play entertaining football.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

PS Before you start calling people out for not attending: I had 2 season tickets almost every year since '68. So at a rough estimate I've probably spent over £20k on the Rams.

In 53 years you have spent enough money to pay Tom Lawrence’s wages for 4 days… sobering thought.

well done on your commitment to our club.?

Get over yourselves!

Since they put some railings up ten years ago, to stop me cutting through from Beaufort Chippy and running across the A52* down by the Cattle Market, I have to walk all the way round!  What was a 20min walk is now a 30 min walk"  That's right"  +50%... with MY knees!  

Think on!  

* Oh yeah... Don't try that at home kids.  It ain't big.  It ain't clever!

33 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I tend to think the support is better when attendances are smaller because it's the hard core who do get properly behind the team. 

People blame Covid for the fall in attendances, but the problem is unique to Derby so I think it's much more a mixture of the demoralized fanbase following administration and the fact we're not very good and hardly ever score or look like scoring. If it weren't for the points deduction we'd be projected at 53 points for the season, which would mean a relegation struggle anyway. With 21 points taken off that we're doomed so we know this will be a season of misery with the occasional high (eg Bournemouth).

Football should be entertaining but we do not play entertaining football.

Point 1: I’ve noticed that. We’re more vocal with lower than optimum numbers.

Point 2: beg to differ there @Carl Sagan; not often I disagree with your good self but I’m thoroughly enjoying the football. The images of Festy blitzing the Fulham fullback last night like a bike chasing after a train will live in my mind. And Curtis racing forward and setting up TL for the awesome strike that their keeper somehow beat behind. Bloody joyful football. Rooney has really got this group gelled and working like a machine. A few tweaks and …who knows! 

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

You missed out caring for very sick relatives, family members working away at odd times so frequently selfishly taking the car on match days, children's exams and by the way is Rammie back yet as there may be protests at that?
Sorry I jumped down throats on this but I am desperate to come and cant for various reasons and such unfair comments are the ultimate red flag. 

when harry met sally yes GIF

2 hours ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

Fair points but I am sure we could muster a few more to join us . I am no spring chick and agree about night games it’s a trek  for us also especially in winter . certainly not calling out anyone who can’t afford but would love to be there far from it . times have been hard in the past although no covid . 

So who do you want to come who isn't? Those who have died? 

29 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’d love to get up more often but the best time to get there from Bristol is 3pm Saturday.

Work and travel restrictions make it really hard to go evenings or Sundays.

I’ll be there for Blackpool ?❤️

Do you know Mr Popodopolus  ? on OTIB