Pathetic from the players

Big Trav

I don’t care about the performance, we all know it was an awful game and performance from us. But most of our players walked down the tunnel heads down and didn’t clap the fans. This has really pissed me off. The only players to do it were curtis and ebosele. Some clapped as they walked down the tunnel. Some like sibley jags Buchanan etc walked down the tunnel and didn’t even acknowledge us. We’ve paid to see these bums play football and put a poo performance in. I only got in Barnsley at 7:35 and sprinted from town to the stadium to get in time. The least these players can do is clap us because we were supportive of them. It’s completely annoyed me 

@Big Trav if you were looking for token love and appreciation you should have spent your money in Barnsley going to a brothel.

For what worth, I think this set of players do genuinely care about the club and performance. They are just not very good. In my view we currently only have 5 proper footballers. The two centre backs and our big No. 9 are, however, all some 5 years or more past their prime, Morrison is an enigma, and Bird is only 20/21. I have hopes Knight might make a footballer too, but he does need to work on his quality.

To turn on our players now is a travesty Trav. Get behind them. They are not very good, but they are what we have. If you want to be irked, focus your thoughts on the bloke who left us in this complete mess.

Ultimately there is one person and one person only who is responsible for the malaise that sits around the club, and it is no one who was in attendance either on the pitch, in the stands or in the dugouts last night.

I therefore find it difficult to get worked up by any performances of individuals or the team as a whole, or players not clapping the fans. We are going down and always have been, the “us against the world” mentality was never going to stay for long. Easy to blame the players but I was there on Saturday and the fans were booing after 20 minutes at 2-0 and booing when we played a short goal kick. We cannot do that and expect complete respect in return.

4 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I don’t care about the performance, we all know it was an awful game and performance from us. But most of our players walked down the tunnel heads down and didn’t clap the fans. This has really pissed me off. The only players to do it were curtis and ebosele. Some clapped as they walked down the tunnel. Some like sibley jags Buchanan etc walked down the tunnel and didn’t even acknowledge us. We’ve paid to see these bums play football and put a poo performance in. I only got in Barnsley at 7:35 and sprinted from town to the stadium to get in time. The least these players can do is clap us because we were supportive of them. It’s completely annoyed me 

Sibley and Buchanan blimey what a disgrace 

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

@Big Trav if you were looking for token love and appreciation you should have spent your money in Barnsley going to a brothel.

For what worth, I think this set of players do genuinely care about the club and performance. They are just not very good. In my view we currently only have 5 proper footballers. The two centre backs and our big No. 9 are, however, all some 5 years or more past their prime, Morrison is an enigma, and Bird is only 20/21. I have hopes Knight might make a footballer too, but he does need to work on his quality.

To turn on our players now is a travesty Trav. Get behind them. They are not very good, but they are what we have. If you want to be irked, focus your thoughts on the bloke who left us in this complete mess.

I can accept the loss. To be honest I don’t really care about yesterday’s game. I do care that only 3 or 4 players clapped the fans. On a Wednesday night about 3000 of us made the journey to watch that poo and they just walk off without even acknowledging us fans. That’s what’s really annoyed me 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I can accept the loss. To be honest I don’t really care about yesterday’s game. I do care that only 3 or 4 players clapped the fans. On a Wednesday night about 3000 of us made the journey to watch that poo and they just walk off without even acknowledging us fans. That’s what’s really annoyed me 

I have to say, that says a lot about the mood in the camp at the moment. 

For over 12 months they had to play without supporters so you’d think they’d be showing a bit more appreciation now we’re back but also the state the club is in, 3000 still make the journey. 

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Totally agree not acknowledging us fans is criminal most there last night would of been at work early on Weds and back in Thusday and for what,to see that performance again,fans so far this season have been brilliant home and away and deserve at least a little respect.

10 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Up their own arses, most of them.

Spoilt, overpaid, Prima Donnas

Edited by oldtimeram

Last night I witnessed bullying and intimidation of staff at Barnsley and of our own fans from some of our so called supporters before and during the game.

I also saw a lot of fans coming and going and paying very little attention to the actual football. 

That walk back to the dressing room there is like the walk of shame past the away end so I am not surprised some of the players scuttled past as quick as they could. 

Of course by then most of those sort of fans had buggered off, leaving the ones who do usually stay behind to applaud feeling a bit short changed.

Call out the players If you like, but don't pretend our fans were all heroes who gave 100% in support of the team because that's far from the truth.

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Byrne’s a very good footballer imho but best in a set up w a back 3. Watson has enormous potential but gets no time. Appreciate you might not admire silky skills in Shinnie but he has had some excellent games. And we have Bielik back soon hopefully. So that’s 9. I think you’re harsh on Knight whose commitment is off the charts and his football is improving. And in the right front line Joz is effective but have to agree he is bobbins in the wrong set up. There’s no denying TL’s talent but yes his commitment is too variable. It’s not a bad group at all. Keepers aren’t great tho