Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Indeed, we have no idea how much funding is behind the bid, so it's more of a concern at a possible scenario, than a outright criticism.  

Ultimately, it comes back to the question that I've asked many times before; why would anyone other than a wealthy fan or billionaire playboy buy a Championship club?

It's a horrible question because it's easy to convince yourself that logically, DCFC shouldn't continue to exist. Fortunately, it appears that lots of clever business types don't agree with my logic.

Tony Fernandes said it best at QPR - there's no better feeling than hearing 20,000 people chanting your name. I'd personally argue there's no better feeling than not hemorraghing £2m a month into a vanity project, but horses for courses eh!

6 hours ago, jono said:

Maxwell coughed up 50p in the pound .. that he’d stolen from his groups pension fund. 

Shitty as it was, he robbed everyone when he overstretched by buying the New York newsgroup at the same time as refinancing to try and buy Spurs - way after that point.  Ultimately, why he stripped Derby of assets as well.  We don't need to give forum interlopers more fuel for their fire to heat the pitchforks.

CEO Chris Kirchner said in an interview. Slync.io has more than 70 employees now and could reach around 200 by the end of the year, he said.

After relocating from California, a North Texas tech firm has raised a large amount of money from investors.

Software provider Slync.io raised $60 million in a Series B round. 

New investors joined Goldman Sachs Growth.

Slync.io now has over $70 million raised for its business. 

In March of last year, the company announced a “A” round of over $10M.

An astute businessman, successful at raising capital when required.

One concern for me is he doesn't seem to have a business partner who fully understands the world of football and the efl.

If he made a comment about forest if he owned the club, the efl could penalise Derby for that.

Plus I think you need more than just money on football you need a detailed understanding of the efl gamesmanship.

Look at what happened to Morris.

1 hour ago, Donnyram said:

Have to say I’m really impressed with the administrator Andrew Hoskings.  Clear communication, focused on delivering a successful exit plan and consistently referred to the club as “we” 

Confirmed that Kirchner will be at the Blackburn game on Saturday so we need to make Pride Park rock again ? 

^ @B4ev6is : big game for you on Saturday; Scarves & ballooons out I reckon.  

17 minutes ago, Oldben said:

CEO Chris Kirchner said in an interview. Slync.io has more than 70 employees now and could reach around 200 by the end of the year, he said.

After relocating from California, a North Texas tech firm has raised a large amount of money from investors.

One concern for me is he doesn't seem to have a business partner who fully understands the world of football and the efl.

If he made a comment about forest if he owned the club, the efl could penalise Derby for that.

Plus I think you need more than just money on football you need a detailed understanding of the efl gamesmanship.

Listen to the talksport interview, apparently they were very impressed with his football knowledge and his advisors knowledge.

2 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

I get the feeling this Kirchner guy knows he’s unlikely to be the highest bidder and so is trying to win over the fans instead. Not sure how much weight that’d carry with the administrators, but it would explain his antics so far.

Absolutely none - it's not in their remit to make the fans happy, whatever words they utter that might indicate the contrary.

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Listen to the talksport interview, apparently they were very impressed with his football knowledge and his advisors knowledge.

That's interesting, but I'm thinking in comparison to the rumoured Andy Appleby/Sam Rush or Garry Clark bids because both of those have significant football experience.

42 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Shitty as it was, he robbed everyone when he overstretched by buying the New York newsgroup at the same time as refinancing to try and buy Spurs - way after that point.  Ultimately, why he stripped Derby of assets as well.  We don't need to give forum interlopers more fuel for their fire to heat the pitchforks.

I wasn’t wanting to heat any pitchforks. Just pointing out that in my opinion there are chairmen who mess up, chairmen who run out of money, chairmen who actually aren’t very good at delivering …. All rather sad and disappointing, but completely different from Maxwell and the 3 Amigos. Who were Frauds and criminals. 

8 minutes ago, Oldben said:

That's interesting, but I'm thinking in comparison to the rumoured Andy Appleby/Sam Rush or Garry Clark bids because both of those have significant football experience.

Isnt Garry cook linked to this guy? That’s what Nixon was inferring last week anyway. I thought Cook was part of the entourage who were at the Luton game last week.

44 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I’d like to think he’s wise enough to have someone on board to guide him in such matters.

50 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Those figures aren't that impressive. Why go for Series A rather that bootstrapping? Especially if one has the money to throw into a football club? With 70 employees (likely more in the way of contractors & advisors etc), 70 mil won't go as far as you'd think. Over how long a time period are we talking? How much equity given away at each round?

It worries me that there's a huge emphasis on the ability to raise money and get investors onboard, rather than having money in the first place and making a product people love.

Twists and turns in this yet me thinks.

I can't help listening to that interview and thinking that Kerchner is being used to push one or maybe two other interested parties forward much quicker than they are. 

Not saying Kerchner isn't the right man to take Derby forward because he has been made to sound very positive but at the same time, I think there was too much praise for somebody not in full control of the club yet.