Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

Kirchner may have offered a bid that could total £60m, but, without seeing the text, caveats, limitations and assumptions on that deal it's impossible to say of it's better than any other offer. 

The 9th December "fake deadline" comments basically mean they let others submit a bid after - not ideal, but an understandable move from the administrators.

The administrators duty is to the creditors - and that is how they are duty bound to assess the bids.

The administrators have stated the bids are significantly different in form/structure so evaluation is not straightforward.

Lack of engagement, well, if it's in a phase of "we are evaluating rival bids" you wouldn't expect a lot of engagement during that part of the process as the evaluation has to maintain integrity.

It's possible CK knows his deal was built on the minimum to creditors he thought he could offer and get the deal done but a rival bid might offer creditors more. He's preparing the ground for "I really tried, but, deal's off" after being so public.

I'm a pretty level headed fella, I don't get worked up, Upset or angry life's to full of BS in todays world...but...reading what Chris Kirchner has posted is a little concerning, I'm on record on here saying CK talks to much about DCFC and his offer/plans as such, But if what he's posted is a true reflection of events/non events then a finger needs pointing at those who are in charge or our affairs...Quantuma.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

People will automatically take Kirchner’s side here, but this seems (with a little help from another one of them supporter group guys ?) that something isn’t quite right with his bid or that something isn’t plausible within it. Let’s face it, it’s a bit ‘it’s not me, it’s them’ to try and pull a bit of favour

It would make sense if the admins are giving time for Appleby/Gadsby to get their bid sorted as they would be the more ideal front runner with a more long term plan of getting the club better run financially. 

Nobody really knows, a case of wait and see.

Also, never mention timescales if they're uncertain. You should all know by now that as soon as you mention any kind of delivery estimate, that becomes something far more binding than you could ever possibly have realised.

"Yes I will put the cabinet up in the bathroom"

"No I will not commit to progressing that action during the upcoming weekend"

"The motivation factors are extremely changeable and I am unable to predict a completion timescale at this point"

"I said I'd do it and I will.theres no need to remind me every six months"

"What do you mean we're getting a divorce?"

It feels like there’s a new threat to our survival every day and each time that will have to be reported to the bidders.

After a while, it must feel like it’s all too much trouble. Each bidder will have a long-term plan as to how they will make this project a success if not a moneyspinner.

Perhaps Kitchener has £60 million but the liabilities have stretched beyond that. Better to blame the administrators than to admit you are a bit lacking in this dick-waving contest.

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

People will automatically take Kirchner’s side here, but this seems (with a little help from another one of them supporter group guys ?) that something isn’t quite right with his bid or that something isn’t plausible within it. Let’s face it, it’s a bit ‘it’s not me, it’s them’ to try and pull a bit of favour

It would make sense if the admins are giving time for Appleby/Gadsby to get their bid sorted as they would be the more ideal front runner with a more long term plan of getting the club better run financially. 

Not sure about this- to publicly come out with that is pretty bold and does seem to be frustration. Also why would the administrators give extra time when they have set their own deadlines? They’re lining their pockets! Extra time ?? What happens if the other bidders pull out. I mean, maybe there is something up with his bid or it’s just a lot more complicated but the whole situation seems to be never ending. So far, the administrators have made promises that haven’t materialised, accepted the worst possible points deduction with no appeal and is anyone convinced there will be an acceptable outcome with Wycombe and Boro? Questions have to be asked what is actually going on. Or, the debt is just way to big and only a billionaire can save us now? Mel Morris has so much to answer for. 

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

It’s a good point, but it’s hard to read how an initial offer of £60M over the next 2 years wouldn’t be enough to finalise a deal for a club teetering on the edge of liquidation.  If his statement is true, of course.

Administrators may ask potential buyers for sealed bids on an item by item basis, HMRC, stadium, etc, etc. by say mid January and then put them to the various creditors. Or ask for single figure and then divide up at their discretion.

If bids not acceptable then maybe another round to tease out any higher figures. 

Not sure how it will play out !

Kirchner can certainly talk the talk and I believe he could be a good option as chairman, even if his methods aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

However, there must be another very serious offer on the table for the admins to be delaying things, because if there isn’t, then it would mean they don’t think Kirchner can backup his words.

Alarm bells are ringing twice over here.

Firstly, it's alarming and worrying that the club is clearly nowhere near being purchased.

Secondly, Kirchner is coming across incredibly immature and unprofessional.  Keep your powder dry, conduct your business in quiet.  To refer to Morris as a 'Proper duck job' is embarrassingly petty, especially from a prospective new owner.  Whether it's true, I really don't want to see someone who could well own the club acting so immaturely.  

Not a good day, and makes me think about what might now have to happen in Jan with playerr sales.