Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

5 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Mel kept saying we were within FFP but we were not, how about if I used the word misleading. I have always thought he had Derby’s best interest at heart but the execution of that was misguided 

I think he thought we were within FFP, and the IDC said it was a reasonable mistake. The accounts were quite up front about it and said that PPS was sold to keep us within FFP . Nothing hidden at all really.

And he thought he could pull another rabbit out of the hat by selling the club and writing off losses. That didn't happen, blame him for that maybe? But COVID and EFL action didn't help. Towards the end he must have realised the wheels were coming off but i would hardly expect him to shout out about it. 

16 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think he thought we were within FFP, and the IDC said it was a reasonable mistake. The accounts were quite up front about it and said that PPS was sold to keep us within FFP . Nothing hidden at all really.

And he thought he could pull another rabbit out of the hat by selling the club and writing off losses. That didn't happen, blame him for that maybe? But COVID and EFL action didn't help. Towards the end he must have realised the wheels were coming off but i would hardly expect him to shout out about it. 

No, he just left the mess he created for someone else to clean it up.

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

This succinctly sums up the whole manner of his tenure

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If Pearce was telling him it was ok and his auditors were telling him it was ok etc then why shouldn’t he think we were within Ffp limits?

The question is,was he prepared to listen to anyone,it's my club etc,etc .......

Edited by atherstoneram
amended

Hey supporter groups, rather than cosying up to make sure you keep in touch with the next cheese and wine meeting, why don’t you make the point that after many years of being strung along by the Mel Morris ownership the fans are a bit fed up of it and we need a realistic expectation of how this is going. Constantly missing and extending deadline breeds into the constant disappointment if fans.

Edited by TuffLuff