Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well who ever takes over the team need reforcements big time and that means spending some money on the team and plus roony deserves some money to spend as he had hands tied behind his back.

Yer my only regret is not being able to watch Mbappe and Haaland playing for Newcastle in the Championship next season against us

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

But why do you put a plastic bottle on your tyre? 

An old wives tale from back in the day.

"it makes a loud noise when the driver begins to drive away. Then the driver usually stops the car to see what that loud crunch was. They usually get out of the car leaving the door open and the engine running.

Then the car thief usually runs up to the car and jumps in, slamming the door shut, puts it in gear and takes off before the victim even knows what's going on his vehicle is speeding away from him"

Before plastic bottles we used Burrows and Sturgess glass bottles, Only for the tyre to puncture and we'd leg it from the car after a few yards

The Gadsby/Appleby duo does raise a few eyebrows. I don't believe they have the enormous funds at hand, but we know that both have overseen the club's best positions post-Pickering. 

The one thing that I'm fairly sure of is that they're coming in to settle the situation and then make a sale of a club in a better position than it currently is, whilst making some money for themselves in the process. They protect the club in the short-term and make a smart investment long-term. I doubt they're going to be the ownership to re-establish a Premier League charge, but the club could survive with them at the helm. 

I think Appleby, whilst never splashing the cash, made some shrewd appointments for the club overall. I really like Glick and when you look at the trajectory of his career since his time here then you must give Appleby credit for being a smart sport-biased business man. I really think we could do a lot worse than that. 

I don't think I will be head-over-heels with whoever wins out the takeover, but anything to get the club back to a stable footing again will be appreciated for sure. 

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’d assumed all of the debts would be wiped out through a CVA and a deal with hMRC. ie  before we get out of admin. It’s certainly what we want, with omicron threatening to keep gate receipts below normal 

But a deal with Hmrc may well be a payment plan. I think that may be the difference between how the different bidders have structured their offers.

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yeah Gadsby would have had the means back in the day but not now Football has gone crazy with transfers and wages. He didn’t have the means last time hence why GSE were brought in. Whether he’s in with Horton and a big US backer (pure rumour and conjecture) who knows, otherwise it could just be one to buy the club clear debts and stabilise aspiring for a break even model. I’d even take that we can’t be choosy in our situation. We’d have enough to come back from league one and stabilise in championship bottom half but would struggle to move forward but survival as a club is the main objective right now 

Actually think a Gadsby/Appleby type stewardship could be more successful now than 10/15 years ago. Whilst parachute payments will continue to give unfair advantages, the onset of FFP since 2014 gives clubs like Derby with higher turnover an advantage over most that Gadsby & GSE wouldn't have had during their spells in charge.

I do believe there is a cheaper route to success at this level & Blackburn/QPR are showing us the way. They promote via their youth sides & they sell players at their peak (Armstrong & Eze) to reinvest in the squad. Whilst we are now embracing the Academy model by necessity, we haven't historically cashed in on players at their peak...only Ince & Vydra left for bigger money. Hughes, Bryson & Keogh all stayed despite Prem interest but of course most of our buys were written down to zero eventually. Luke Plange is a example of what we should be doing more of...hoover up released Prem starlets, get them in the Academy & exposure to the first team as soon as practical. We have the infrastructure to continue to deliver this

Norwich are another example of a club that have been run without massive backing from owners. What they have though & what we have been lacking is a clear strategy, a combination of youth step ups & great scouting, a Sporting Director to oversee the entire football operation (rather than owners making calls) & a consistent style of play.

I would actually prefer an Appleby and/or Gadsby consortium over Kirchner because they a) will have experience of the club & how it ticks, b) we know they will run the club responsibly & c) they know that their decision making needs to be sharp in the absence of big funds.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Whilst we are now embracing the Academy model by necessity, we haven't historically cashed in on players at their peak...only Ince & Vydra left for bigger money. Hughes, Bryson & Keogh all stayed despite Prem interest but of course most of our buys were written down to zero eventually. Luke Plange is a example of what we should be doing more of...hoover up released Prem starlets, get them in the Academy & exposure to the first team as soon as practical. We have the infrastructure to continue to deliver this

Norwich are another example of a club that have been run without massive backing from owners. What they have though & what we have been lacking is a clear strategy, a combination of youth step ups & great scouting, a Sporting Director to oversee the entire football operation (rather than owners making calls) & a consistent style of play.

I would actually prefer an Appleby and/or Gadsby consortium over Kirchner because they a) will have experience of the club & how it ticks, b) we know they will run the club responsibly & c) they know that their decision making needs to be sharp in the absence of big funds.

Eh ?

Well having caught up with the latest speculation I must admit I'm fancying the idea of Appleby/Gadsby over Kirchner. No doubts Kirchner sounds like a decent prospect and has his heart in the right place but the Stretford/Rooney/DC connection worries me a little bit.

Especially with Rooney SO adamant he's not leaving, it just sounds like he's consolidating power at the club. Again, nothing sinister because I do believe the intentions are good, but I feel like that just leaves us basically owned by our manager and it doesn't sound a healthy position to be in.

No point hand-wringing and worrying though. There's nothing we can do if that's how it pans out. We're about as powerless as we've ever been as a fanbase.

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Burnley I believe for Bryson & Keogh. Hughes was certainly looked at by a lot of Prem clubs & he did stay a lot longer than I expected, especially as he's now regarded as a Premiership level player.

It was the quote about Hughes really, thought I'd imagined he'd be sold to Watford in the Premiership for a minute ?

To go over your main point we've tried the splash the cash route of getting into the Premiership and failed so now because of circumstances we're compelled to try the other route, if that's the new owners long term objectives.