Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Whilst Wayne Rooney is doing very well with the hand he's been dealt, I think if Mel was still here investing that he would be pressing for the signing of more experienced players, just as every previous manager has done.

And he will be asking a new investor to do the same. 

We can see "jam tomorrow " from him bringing academy players through, but as soon as a new owner is in place it will be back to "jam today!" From fans and manager.

For me, the way we should be approaching it is the academy lads are going to be a big chunk of the basic squad players, and the signings should be the difference-makers.  Obviously if we produce another Will Hughes then great, let's build the team around him, but I don't think we can work on the assumption that we will produce top players like that (it's as much luck than judgment IMO).  

Weirdly, I think the Jozwiak/Marshall/Byrne summer window was the only one that Morris got right in terms of overall strategy. It was unfortunate that almost all of the signings have struggled for various reasons. But if going forward, the plan is to sign one 'big name' player for a decent fee, maybe a couple of experienced players for moderate fees or free transfers and a couple of prem youngsters on loan each season, I will be happy.  I just don't want to go back to silly money on average championship players like Malone, Blackman, Anya and Butterfield.

28 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Well legally I'd have thought the club should be paying 100%, but I do understand what you're saying. Hopefully there is an acceptable deal to be made.

A new buyer doesn’t legally have to pay anything. That is a problem for HMRC that they could end up with nothing. So if a buyer is offering more than nothing that is more than HMRC would get if there is no buyer. I would hope that HMRC gets as much as they reasonably can without a fire sale or delaying the sale of the club. 

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

For me, the way we should be approaching it is the academy lads are going to be a big chunk of the basic squad players, and the signings should be the difference-makers.  Obviously if we produce another Will Hughes then great, let's build the team around him, but I don't think we can work on the assumption that we will produce top players like that (it's as much luck than judgment IMO).  

Weirdly, I think the Jozwiak/Marshall/Byrne summer window was the only one that Morris got right in terms of overall strategy. It was unfortunate that almost all of the signings have struggled for various reasons. But if going forward, the plan is to sign one 'big name' player for a decent fee, maybe a couple of experienced players for moderate fees or free transfers and a couple of prem youngsters on loan each season, I will be happy.  I just don't want to go back to silly money on average championship players like Malone, Blackman, Anya and Butterfield.

Youngsters have been tried before. Lionel packed the team with England u23s . Look where that hot him

7 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

I like the sound of Kerchner. He’s young and going places. He would be doing this on his own. For me that’s much preferable to an Appleby led consortium

Yes perhaps he would be marvellous. The concern is that like Mel he’s got no experience running a football club. Hopefully unlike Mel he’ll pick good people and rely on them 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

In the close ups shown on Sky, Kirchner looked pretty bored to me. On one occasion, he was just playing on his phone - wonder if it was a game of Candy Crush.

Never understood that. Fly half way round the world, about to hopefully spend £100m on a business/football club, go to a game and …… spend the time on your phone.

Why?

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Never understood that. Fly half way round the world, about to hopefully spend £100m on a business/football club, go to a game and …… spend the time on your phone.

Why?

Was during a break in play, he wont be the only person to check their phone during it. Could be any number of reasons too, being in the UK at night would be usual work time in the US so easily could be work/business related too.

Think some people just look for an issue that isnt even there.

Edited by DCFC1388