Rams vs Blackburn Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

The fact that we only went in at HT 0-2 was a blessing, This division along with the Officials is as poor as I can remember, Take Bournmouth, Fulham and WBA and the rest are pretty average, This gives me great hope for the rest of the season.

A few observations, One in particular, Most if not all are wondering why Lawrence is Captain, I wonder how he keeps getting game time, I guess it's because there may be just may be he can turn up and put in more than 1 performance in 5-6, He certainly has/had talent but WR and Rosenior can not get what we all have seen prior to Joiner Gate, Jozwiak needs Bielik in the team, Had that very good spell when Bielik was playing...but gone off the boil since.

Hitting the post and CKR missing a good chance shows that we could have pinched a point from an undeserved position, That's how poor this division is, For me CKR and Festie have to start on Wednesday, Phyicallity and speed can and will upset defences, Barnsley are on an awfull run...lost the last 6 games, A win and it will take us off the bottom, This will give all concerned a huge lift going into the Millwall game.

As some posters have said...these games come around for all at one time or another Stoke 3-0 up, 5 mins later 3-3 and that's with Cardiff losing their last 8 games.

2 Games next week that can give all a boost going into yet another International break.

COYRs

Why did we play 442 instead of 4231?

At kick off I thought it was strange we gone seven games undefeated then change the system. 
Ravel on the right Sibley on the left of midfield was never going to work.

We handed the game on a plate to Blackburn today rabbits in headlights due to change in formation. 
 Good to see Kazim and Festy come one play quite well but need a win at Barnsley now to get us back on track.

Poor,very poor. With such a lightweight front 3 (none of them can hold the ball) unless the midfield was much further up, there was no way they could do any damage with Bird, Shinnie and Morrison so deep. Rooney got this wrong. Hopefully CKZ can now start his season and ours, if not we are in trouble, with or without point deductions. Barnsley is a 12 pointer

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The fact that we only went in at HT 0-2 was a blessing, This division along with the Officials is as poor as I can remember, Take Bournmouth, Fulham and WBA and the rest are pretty average, This gives me great hope for the rest of the season.

A few observations, One in particular, Most if not all are wondering why Lawrence is Captain, I wonder how he keeps getting game time, I guess it's because there may be just may be he can turn up and put in more than 1 performance in 5-6, He certainly has/had talent but WR and Rosenior can not get what we all have seen prior to Joiner Gate, Jozwiak needs Bielik in the team, Had that very good spell when Bielik was playing...but gone off the boil since.

Hitting the post and CKR missing a good chance shows that we could have pinched a point from an undeserved position, That's how poor this division is, For me CKR and Festie have to start on Wednesday, Phyicallity and speed can and will upset defences, Barnsley are on an awfull run...lost the last 6 games, A win and it will take us off the bottom, This will give all concerned a huge lift going into the Millwall game.

As some posters have said...these games come around for all at one time or another Stoke 3-0 up, 5 mins later 3-3 and that's with Cardiff losing their last 8 games.

2 Games next week that can give all a boost going into yet another International break.

COYRs

Tom Lawrence must be dynamite in training when there is no pressure, far less intensity and attacking drills where he can display his qualities such as snap shooting. He’s probably our best player in training.

As I can’t see any other reason as to why he is not only our captain, but getting regular game time.

Constantly picks the wrong option under pressure, physically weak and very tunnel-visioned.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Tom Lawrence must be dynamite in training when there is no pressure, far less intensity and attacking drills where he can display his qualities such as snap shooting. He’s probably our best player in training.

As I can’t see any other reason as to why he is not only our captain, but getting regular game time.

Constantly picks the wrong option under pressure, physically weak and very tunnel-visioned.

What's the alternative right now as Sibley and Jozwiak are not really taking their chances when they come into the team. 

Lawrence has always been marmite, but right now, we're not blessed with a host of attacking players to replace him.

55 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Agree with a lot of this Dave but Shinnie took their bloke out knee high..another ref would have maybe sent him off...

Agree that the ref again let too much go and failed to stop the gamesmanship..that was very disappointing.

Bird I thought had a below par game, just my view and appreciate many have him man of the match but I thought first half they just put a man on him and he was anonymous..2nd half he improved but I still had him below his normal standard.

Love the reports though..

I hadn't realised the severity of Shinnie's challenge, but he had been taken out with a really hefty foul just moments before, with nothing given, as per usual. Maybe his challenge was a bit of red mist, so there may have been an element of retaliation behind the booking.. I did notice that Jagielka, Morrison , Forsyth, Shinnie and two others were having a really good go at the ref on a  number of occasions, not that any of that would stop the match officials from following EFL guidelines.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Or Tom getting fouled twice either side of the penalty area line. The ref quite rightly blew for the foul outside the box

I noticed this at the time. There were two distinct fouls, so why didn't the ref play the advantage from the first, and give the penalty for the second?

Sad to say but the Lancs minnows deserved to win. 

First half, they were sharp on the ball, incisive to our pedestrian movement & great finishing de la patético fraude de gootball de chile se llama diaz. Hope that didnt get lost in translation...

What went wrong? Firstly, they had numbers on us in midfield & dominated that first 30 mins with their pace & movement. Secondly, our touch was so so bad...lost count of the amount of heavy touches & consequently poor passes that were given off. Main offenders being Sibley, Lawrence & Jozwiak..particularly annoyed about Louie as frankly he is not quick enough to take liberties with technique. He needs to improve. Fast.

Second half we were better for 2 up top but still huffed & puffed. Other than the free kicks, we barely threatened until we scored. Last 5 mins they did well to survive albeit with a lot of playacting, ref being pathetic & us hitting a post & then Kazim firing just over.

Bad day at the office, we go again. COYR

44 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I hadn't realised the severity of Shinnie's challenge, but he had been taken out with a really hefty foul just moments before, with nothing given, as per usual. Maybe his challenge was a bit of red mist, so there may have been an element of retaliation behind the booking.. I did notice that Jagielka, Morrison , Forsyth, Shinnie and two others were having a really good go at the ref on a  number of occasions, not that any of that would stop the match officials from following EFL guidelines.

Regarding the penalty shout..Rooney in his post match interview was livid wasn't he..the replay angle live was poor but sounds like he had a good view he was that pi55ed off

Really disappointed with that first half. Worst performance of the season by a mile. Everyone below par although according to the clown sat behind me it was all down to Roos Forsyth and Rooney and then he really starting annoyingly mimicking Rooney saying Erm, Erm, Erm. Talks complete garbage every game never anything positive.

Second half much much better, Kazim gave us a focal point to play from they sat off and that gave Bird the space to dictate the game. If anyone questions Birds ability and virtues as a footballer look at his second half performance today. He’s our best player at the moment and he’ll go far in the game. We are lucky to have him.

How can we get Ebsoele into this team? At the moment he’s devastating off the bench but can’t impact the game from the start

Still in touch just but we need a couple of wins relatively soon or it will really start to look a challenge for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, cstand said:

Why did we play 442 instead of 4231?

At kick off I thought it was strange we gone seven games undefeated then change the system. 
Ravel on the right Sibley on the left of midfield was never going to work.

We handed the game on a plate to Blackburn today rabbits in headlights due to change in formation. 
 Good to see Kazim and Festy come one play quite well but need a win at Barnsley now to get us back on track.

It was a cross between 442 and 433. Ravel and Jozwiak playing a bit more central than a traditional 433 to allow Byrne more freedom on the right.

Only thing that irked me more than anything today was that moron Brereton goading the south stand when he scored. 

We’re a club in administration with a cb pairing with a combined age of 70 odd and having to rely on academy players and free agents. Well done you. 

celebrating like he’d just scored the winner in the World Cup final, bet he felt dead big, the absolute melt.