Rams vs Blackburn Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

10 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

You can't see much wrong with his positioning, even though he is behind the line when he makes the save?

No more questions your honour.

He saved the first. It was the second shot which crossed the line (just). Your posts seem to suggest you think they scored from the first shot.

7 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Roos is just an error waiting to happen for me. His performance probably averages a 5 or 6 out of 10 most games but people seem to think he's better because he is a good shot stopper and has made some big saves at important moments. Big saves are all that people remember from matches, but there is so much more to being a good GK than just shot stopping. 

Whilst Allsop is not really much better, he seems to be a more consistent 7 out of 10 most games. I think with Allsop's ability the ceiling is probably lower, but the floor is definitely higher.

Is it a coincidence we have started conceding goals again since Roos came back into the team?

Said this at the game - the defence look calm and composed with Allsop behind them because they pretty much know what he's going to do  (with the exception of dropping the ball) - they look shakey with Roos in goal because they don't have a clue what he's going to do and because he doesn't command his area. The differences in shot stopping ability may favour Roos, but that's not all that a keeper has to do - if the defence are nervous/affected by him being there then Allsop wins out every time.....

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I know that I'm the one who posted several screenshots of the incident, but it does bug me that for some every single goal should have been stopped by Roos. I sometimes think that the goals scored by Luton were his fault for some. After all, if he hadn't been sent off against Sheffield Allsop couldn't have cocked up.

You were only trying to defend the criticisms. Shouldn't have to, imo.

15 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Rams TV never show anything controversial. I don't think they have ever shown a blatant penalty shout which wasn't given, and they have plenty of examples they could have shown. The same is true of Channel 4 and Sky. You would think we have never had a poor decision go against us. Ever.

I don't think I've ever seen the Rams featured on Channel 4?

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Said this at the game - the defence look calm and composed with Allsop behind them because they pretty much know what he's going to do  (with the exception of dropping the ball) - they look shakey with Roos in goal because they don't have a clue what he's going to do and because he doesn't command his area. The differences in shot stopping ability may favour Roos, but that's not all that a keeper has to do - if the defence are nervous/affected by him being there then Allsop wins out every time.....

Exactly this. 

Thought i was the only one that noticed it?

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He saved the first. It was the second shot which crossed the line (just). Your posts seem to suggest you think they scored from the first shot.

Nope, not sure how it suggests that but I was referring to the second shot. I was in SW corner so only saw it on the replay - live I thought we had been robbed.

As for other comments - I'm not suggesting Roos is at fault for every goal, or anywhere near, but he was at fault for that one.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The first shot was hit right at him, it was pretty close range, but it does seem to bounce off his chest.  There’s a suggestion it was catchable or at least scorpion kicked it clear.

15 hours ago, richinspain said:

When the first shot was taken 

A9A12AE8-9419-4054-BEBA-9658B4EAF634.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

The first shot was hit right at him, it was pretty close range, but it does seem to bounce off his chest.  There’s a suggestion it was catchable or at least scorpion kicked it clear.

Roos got down to the bottom corner to save it. Hardly "right at him".

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Strange how we all see different things ,, for me neither allsop or Roos are top championship keepers but Roos shades it ,,through allsop s clean sheets he certainly had my nerves on edge with some very bad distribution and the cross he came for and never got near was a bit of a calamity, certainly didn’t give me the impression the defence were more confident with him in there rather than Roos ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos got down to the bottom corner to save it. Hardly "right at 

Not that it really matters now, but have you watched it again? He gets down to the bottom corner after it hits him, the first shot is right at him, at that range he wouldn’t have had a chance of stopping it if it was anywhere but right at him. 
I thought my scorpion kick reference might have suggested I didn’t really think he had much chance with it. 

On 30/10/2021 at 23:20, Inverurie Ram said:

Quest didn't show Derby County's penalty claim on tonights show but did show both of Notts Forest's penalty claims from their game on Friday night against Q.P.R. that didn't look like penalties to me. Sky Sports didn't show it in their highlights either.

Maybe the EFL have had a quiet word with both companies to make sure everyone's singing from the same hymn book.

I will have to wait for RamsTV that is only watched by Derby County fans for a witness.

If only @DavesaRam read the original post he quoted. I did make it as easy as possible by stating such by using the word Quest as the very first word. 

But I reckon it's the referee's fault for being blind as a bat, even though bats seem to see rather well in the dark, and the EFL clearly removed at least 12 pairs of Daves reading glasses from his abode, and are currently on the look out for removing at least 6 more pairs, 3 apples and a couple of plums, and are currently considering digging up his patio in the search for a few missing Championship Officials and all the rules and regulations of association football especially the pages regarding penalties.

19 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

If only @DavesaRam read the original post he quoted. I did make it as easy as possible by stating such by using the word Quest as the very first word. 

But I reckon it's the referee's fault for being blind as a bat, even though bats seem to see rather well in the dark, and the EFL clearly removed at least 12 pairs of Daves reading glasses from his abode, and are currently on the look out for removing at least 6 more pairs, 3 apples and a couple of plums, and are currently considering digging up his patio in the search for a few missing Championship Officials and all the rules and regulations of association football especially the pages regarding penalties.

They took a load of my carrots as well, so that's night time games ruined as well!