Rams vs Blackburn Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I watched the RamsTV Big Debate and we didn't show the penalty claim or speak about it either!......has the world gone mad again!

I watched the game, but the stream kept cutting out. I don't remember a penalty appeal. When was it so that I can look on the full match repeat?

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

A keeper also has to make his dive to a position where he can stop the ball. If that dive, after stopping the ball then takes him over his line shouldn't be on his mind. His first thought will be to reach the ball. Diving parallel to his line might have meant that he wouldn't have even stopped the first shot.

His positioning was totally off for the 2nd goal - beaten at his near post.

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Sorry, but I can't see much wrong with his positioning. I can understand criticism for the second, even though it was a very good finish, but that first one was never his fault!

You can't see much wrong with his positioning, even though he is behind the line when he makes the save?

No more questions your honour.

5 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

You can't see much wrong with his positioning, even though he is behind the line when he makes the save?

No more questions your honour.

Cross questioning the defendant, where were you when you made the first save, in relation to the goal line?

In front of the line , your honour. My momentum took me over the line after making the save.

BC26E318-BACB-4273-BC4E-E1D2C8F391CD.jpeg

14 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just seen the match highlights again, I know I may not be Roos' biggest fan but can't see really how he could be put at fault for either Blackburn goal tbf skim reading some of the comments made previously in this thread. 

no, but he did pass it out straight to their attackers a couple of times which very nearly led to goals.

Roos is just an error waiting to happen for me. His performance probably averages a 5 or 6 out of 10 most games but people seem to think he's better because he is a good shot stopper and has made some big saves at important moments. Big saves are all that people remember from matches, but there is so much more to being a good GK than just shot stopping. 

Whilst Allsop is not really much better, he seems to be a more consistent 7 out of 10 most games. I think with Allsop's ability the ceiling is probably lower, but the floor is definitely higher.

Is it a coincidence we have started conceding goals again since Roos came back into the team?

8 hours ago, richinspain said:

Cross questioning the defendant, where were you when you made the first save, in relation to the goal line?

In front of the line , your honour. My momentum took me over the line after making the save.

BC26E318-BACB-4273-BC4E-E1D2C8F391CD.jpeg

Without wanting to pour petrol on the fire he didn’t dive for the save, he dived for the rebound shot. And he ended up behind the line which is not a good position to be in.

But we didn’t lose because of Roos. We lost because we were weak, lacking in concentration and when the opportunity presented itself, unable to take the chances to get back into the game.

I think this micro analysis of every aspect of Roos' game is somewhat pathetic in the context of the match. If you look at his scores from early season it was his saves, positioning and general good playing out from the back that was keeping us in games.

(Show me a goalkeeper who doesn't makes occasionally bad passes out from the back, even at the top end of the Prem.) 

Yet there are a number of posters who can't wait to pile in with their agenda to 'prove' he's not good enough. He's made less blunders than Allsop, and Marshall wouldn't have been quick enough to save the first shot, so we wouldn't even be arguing about the second one being over the line! 

What I saw on Saturday first half  was a midfield letting the opposition boss them, move the ball quickly past a slow defence with poorly positioned fullbacks, exposing any goalkeeper time and again. 

Listen to Mowbray, he had it spot on. Stop them playing out from the back, nick the ball off em before it gets to the half way line and play direct. Worked very well with their quality finishers, who had space to play in, time and again.

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think this micro analysis of every aspect of Roos' game is somewhat pathetic in the context of the match. If you look at his scores from early season it was his saves, positioning and general good playing out from the back that was keeping us in games.

(Show me a goalkeeper who doesn't makes occasionally bad passes out from the back, even at the top end of the Prem.) 

Yet there are a number of posters who can't wait to pile in with their agenda to 'prove' he's not good enough. He's made less blunders than Allsop, and Marshall wouldn't have been quick enough to save the first shot, so we wouldn't even be arguing about the second one being over the line! 

What I saw on Saturday first half  was a midfield letting the opposition boss them, move the ball quickly past a slow defence with poorly positioned fullbacks, exposing any goalkeeper time and again. 

Listen to Mowbray, he had it spot on. Stop them playing out from the back, nick the ball off em before it gets to the half way line and play direct. Worked very well with their quality finishers, who had space to play in, time and again.

I know that I'm the one who posted several screenshots of the incident, but it does bug me that for some every single goal should have been stopped by Roos. I sometimes think that the goals scored by Luton were his fault for some. After all, if he hadn't been sent off against Sheffield Allsop couldn't have cocked up.