Rams vs Blackburn Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Glad we got a goal at the end, what a finish from Curtis. Otherwise completely outclassed in the first half and that's what decided it.

Ultimately this is the kind of performance I expected at the start of the season, not now. Need to do much better next game!

I really like Joz, but he isn't creating, he isn't scoring, is it Rooney's tactics or just a player that isn't living up to the hype? We looked much much better with Sibley and Joz off the pitch, mainly down to the physical presence of Kazim, he's hit the post twice, ducking unlucky.

Should have been dead and buried first half, but we improved a bit in the second and they sat in to protect the win.

Could have got a point in the end but too little too late. Hopefully Knight is back soon as that midfield needs him.

Festy did well in his cameo!

Edited by Ramarena

So basically we didn't turn up for the first half at all, Blackburn should have buried the game by the whistle.

Second half we started to play but still lacked any urgency for a team 2 down. By time we got the ball into a dangerous area they had 10 men behind the ball.

Festy rattled them with his pace, should have been on the pitch a lot earlier as it was clear we needed something to break through the lines.

Blackburns physios covered more ground in the second half as players were dropping like flies, pathetic, but they played the game. Pretty sure we could have had another couple mins added on.

End of the day you can't just turn up for 45 minutes and expect to win games.

Curtis Davies going for the Ballon D'or and I'm all for it.

Start Kaz, start Ebosele.
Stop playing 4-3-3 with only midfielders up top!

Although Blackburn were tw@s, today should be blamed on our lame front three Joz, Lawrie and Sibbo. Then again, they are midfielders not forwards, Im sure Roos and Allsop would suck as defenders…..

These results will happen. We will be poor at times. But the problem is the lack of wins.

We've just come off a run of 4 draws. At least 2 of those should have been wins. We could have got a draw today with a couple of great chance at the end.

We need a bit of luck as well. Games that we deserve to win we end up drawing, games that we deserve to draw we lose. They need to find a way of turning that around if we are to get out of this.

Most teams at the bottom lost today although Cardiff drew. On to Barnsley now which is a game we absolutely have to win.

Been unlucky a few times this season, not today.  Curtis  top scorer, good lord.   They just did what they needed to 2ND half and we've been too slow in build up and play.  Hit the post- 5 in 4. Penalty?.  Have to see it. Can't expect anything playing like that first half though.  Might be the age of some players taking a while to get going.  Did when I was late 30's.  Beginning to creak at bit at the back and we need more pace from the off. Three defenders with a combined age of 108 isn't a future plan for me.  Need quick legs at full back.  

Footnote - don't expect supporters to behave, when players go winding up when they score and get in fisticuffs at full time, see the bloke who Forest fans will be calling one their own having slagged him off for 3 years and saying they had Blackburn's pants down at 7 million.

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well that was a costly defat. How much did we miss Jason Knight? and no strikers at the start. Curtis Davies doing everthing he can at both ends of the pitch but it's a forlorm hope right now.  

The only premier league standard player we have at present. The rest have had there career there, have delusions of grandeur, or aren't as good as people think.  I expect him to be on the move in January to a lower to mid table premier league side, whether we're bought out or not . The difference will be 5 million in transfer fee. 

What the hell did Rooney say at the start of the match ….. ok lads I want you to go out there …. Play slow …. pass round aimlessly at the back concede a couple of goals dont worry about finding the net ourselves … be lazy Joz Sib Lawro…. What a shambles …. The worst part is I see no way out of this same story every game …. The best thing to bet on atm is which half are Derby not going to turn up to …. Maybe Rooney should say the game lasts 90 minutes at the start….  so disappointing see you all for the next dreadful match 

Awful game. Only turned up with 5 mins left. Whoever put ravel at rb and on the wing needs sacking. Same with Joz up top. Against Barnsley start kaz and ebosele and get rid of fozzy for Buchanan. Jags was blowing after 15. Maybe stearmen in Wednesday. But something has to change after that match. Enough of my moaning, I will give praise to Curtis who I thought was excellent and also bird. Such a complete midfielder. We also showed a little fight to the end but that first 70 mins was unacceptable 

My first game back at Pride Park since the the ‘vid pandemic 

First half we were abject

Second Half was better but still so disconnected going forward. CKR improved things. Bird is a stunning player for his age. Baldock is bobbins. 

how could the East stand see anything until the 80th minute

UTR

Just now, Coconut's Beard said:

nonsense, Blackburn are anything but poor and they've got a striker in the form of his life

excellent up front,rubbish at the back,we made their defence look better than they are,as soon as we actually put any pressure on them they cracked,we just did'nt do it soon enough

Hmmm.  That was as the most disappointing game I’ve seen all season.  Never laid a glove on them first half.  Never had a good view on the first goal but watching it back Roos had it and then spilled it.  We will not survive with Roos in goals. 
Never commented on Jozwiak before but what a waste of money. 
kazim has to start even if it’s for the first 45!  We only bring Kazim on when we chase the game. Fozz had a mare. 

Looked better with festy and Kazim.  Let’s not play them till we’re 2-0 down though eh!

10 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

So Curtis (who should be our skipper) has just said that there were some poor training sessions this week. That needs addressing ahead of a must win game next.

speculation will now start about who the culprits were.

Kazim and Ebosele have to start. 

Didn’t hear this…….interesting.

Must have been bad for him to come out and say it in public.

Shame for him as he’s been exemplary!