Rams vs Blackburn Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

excellent up front,rubbish at the back,we made their defence look better than they are,as soon as we actually put any pressure on them they cracked,we just did'nt do it soon enough

yeah sorry I amended my post, was a bit harsh

I don't disagree entirely but we only tested their defence because once they went 2-0 up and missed a great chance for 3-0 and decided to let us play largely Infront of them, they were very comfortable until the last 10 minutes.

Doesn't mean they're a poor side, they'd have stepped it back up if required

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Thought the positioning of our attacking players was all over the place in both defence(when pressing) and when transitioning from defence to attack, we seemed unbalanced and I'm not sure about the 4231 formation that we started out with.  Think a 442 or a 433 with Knight, Bird and Morrison in the middle would work better. Shinnie doesn't have me convinced with his lack of ability transitioning the play from back to front. Can't rely on Bird too much. 

Also would add that Bird was absolutely class today and has improved alot from last season, I used to be abit unsure on him but today has won me over. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

yeah sorry I amended my post, was a bit harsh

I don't disagree entirely but we only tested their defence because once they went 2-0 up and missed a great chance for 3-0 and decided to let us play largely Infront of them, they were very comfortable until the last 10 minutes.

Doesn't mean they're a poor side, they'd have stepped it back up if required

dont get too carried away,the goals and chances were mostly down to us,a decent keeper stops the goals,and would'nt pass to their forwards.we did'nt turn up for the first 70 minutes,i do agree they sat back and wasted time in the second half to see out the game.if we played with the same tempo for 90minutes rather than 20,do they score 2?

4 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

dont get too carried away,the goals and chances were mostly down to us,a decent keeper stops the goals,and would'nt pass to their forwards.we did'nt turn up for the first 70 minutes,i do agree they sat back and wasted time in the second half to see out the game.if we played with the same tempo for 90minutes rather than 20,do they score 2?

Yes because they catch us on the break.

Brereton has 12 goals in 15 league games and  scored 2 goals in 3 games for Chile this month.

Good as we've been we wouldn't have kept him out.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

I don’t think it bodes well that in our past few home games against Swansea, Luton and Blackburn we have looked second best for long spells. Those three clubs aren’t even among the best in the league.

Blackburn had only won once away this season and that was against Hughton’s Forest. But that first half was as one-sided as I can remember at this level and 0-2 flattered us.

We need to beat Barnsley. If we lose that the confidence will be zapped and we’ll be in relegation form, deduction or not.

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Yes because they catch us on the break.

Brereton has 12 goals in 15 league games and  scored 2 goals in 3 games for Chile this month.

Good as we've been we wouldn't have kept him out.

You can if you take a yellow card early doors with a nice solid tackle on the ankle.  Much too nice.  This league doesn't reward that.

Terrible 1st half, Rooney got it wrong obviously his number 2 didn’t report back the formation with Joz and Lawrence as false 9s don’t work after the Coventry game. 1st time I’ve seen Jagielka and Davies rattled this season, fair play to Blackburn they were good going forward. 2nd half much better when we played an actual CF and attacked them. Another certain penalty denied, and CKR was unlucky at the death. On to Barnsley, COYR ?

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Terrible 1st half, Rooney got it wrong obviously his number 2 didn’t report back the formation with Joz and Lawrence as false 9s don’t work after the Coventry game. 1st time I’ve seen Jagielka and Davies rattled this season, fair play to Blackburn they were good going forward. 2nd half much better when we played an actual CF and attacked them. Another certain penalty denied, and CKR was unlucky at the death. On to Barnsley, COYR ?

Didnt look a pen on the replay

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Didnt look a pen on the replay

Didn’t it? Not seen it yet on a replay, looked nailed on where I was ( however after a few pre match pints I maybe slightly blinkered) 

43 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Thought the positioning of our attacking players was all over the place in both defence(when pressing) and when transitioning from defence to attack, we seemed unbalanced and I'm not sure about the 4231 formation that we started out with.  Think a 442 or a 433 with Knight, Bird and Morrison in the middle would work better. Shinnie doesn't have me convinced with his lack of ability transitioning the play from back to front. Can't rely on Bird too much. 

Also would add that Bird was absolutely class today and has improved alot from last season, I used to be abit unsure on him but today has won me over. 

Bird has been class all season. 

Next game

Allsop

Byrne      Jagielka    Davies     Buchanan

Knight             Bird          Shinnie

Watson

Ebosele                  CKR             

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Next game

Allsop

Byrne      Jagielka    Davies     Buchanan

Knight             Bird          Shinnie

Watson

Ebosele                  CKR             

Liking the defence, midfield and CKR. 

I’d have Sibley and Lawrence behind CKR. 

Shame we’ve not seen more of Watson this season though.