Bwash_Ram

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Next game

Allsop

Byrne      Jagielka    Davies     Buchanan

Knight             Bird          Shinnie

Watson

Ebosele                  CKR             

Shinnie is suspended for 1 game, after picking up his 5th yellow today and Lawrence must be close.

7 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Didn’t see Jozwiak working particularly hard tonight. 

I saw him put in the cross for our only decent chance in the first half when he was actually played as a winger for a millisecond and put it in a good area for a striker to knock it in (except we weren't playing with a striker) 

..unless that was Sibley?

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Liking the defence, midfield and CKR. 

I’d have Sibley and Lawrence behind CKR. 

Shame we’ve not seen more of Watson this season though.

Sibley and Lawrence have created nothing. Watson must be worth a go because for all his naivety and lack of physical presence he at least tries to contribute.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Sibley and Lawrence have created nothing. Watson must be worth a go because for all his naivety and lack of physical presence he at least tries to contribute.

Still need to fill that second position as  Festy can’t play there, hence why I’d go with Sibley.

4 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Davis for captain please.

Strange that he isn't already. Maybe as top scorer when he gets the #9 shirt as Bielik slots into the centre-back position he will do? ?

Curtis has three goals from five shots, Tom two from 23!

Edited by Grumpy Git

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I saw him put in the cross for our only decent chance in the first half when he was actually played as a winger for a millisecond and put it in a good area for a striker to knock it in (except we weren't playing with a striker) 

..unless that was Sibley?

I was only really commenting on work rate, a poster said at least he worked hard. I wasn’t really saying he doesn’t work hard enough,  I just didn’t think he ( amongst others) works hard enough to really mention.  He doesn’t look comfortable in that position, nor does Sibbo.  We looked very disjointed tonight.  We have looked ok recently, playing as a team.  This was miles away from that.  Who is at fault? It can’t be blamed on individuals as the team can carry a few.  Can’t blame WR as everyone has stopped slating him recently!!!! 

Just hope this was a blip as it was similar to the first half at coventry....I remember last season Sheff weds caught everyone up really quickly but then faded again and; as we know; were relegated. Im just hoping we get some points from these 2 away games - 4 would be superb of course..then a break to refresh and go again. its always going to happen with the nature of our squad and severe lack of options..its just a grind and at times we will be off our game and get beat..

The good news is other teams are failing to win regularly so we are still well in the game..

It just concerns me that we have so many fixtures still before January and we just cannot afford a dip in form.

Edited by Yani P

That was one of those "cudda, Shudda, Wotiff" games. Blackburn were there for the taking, but we only started to think about the taking when it was too late. We could have gone in at half time 4, 5 or even 6 goals down. Apparently Wayne Rooney came out for the RD interview quite early, so I got to hear the replay on the journey home. He was quite blunt about it, and said if we don't turn up for 45 minutes we don't deserve anything. He said we were playing way too deep. He was trying to get messages out to move up the pitch which weren't taken up on. He also wanted to bring subs on after 20 minutes, but the players he wanted to bring on couldn't last for 70 minutes. So that explains the substitutions a bit.

There is another issue to my mind, one which has plagued us for years, which is that we never make any attempt to mark the opposition's wide men, so the ball is played to them in acres of space, and by the time we have moved over to close him down, he has already got the cross in. It cost us greatly today as Blackburn played loads of balls out to the wing - this even though we were sitting too deep.

Sadly, I think Sibley has thrown his chance away. He was in his best position today, although he didn't have a target man to play off, and didn't have too much in the way of opportunity, although he still produced more than Lawrence until the closing minutes. Joswiack didn't do himself any favours either, although he again put more effort in than his captain.

It seemed that the substitutions worked, but I think it was more down to the team playing further up the pitch. So combined with Blackburn settling back on the 2-0, we gave a much better performance in the second half, although there was still too much of the Chuckle Brother's play-making at the back. My usual discontent with the match officials continues, with today's being particularly spineless and lacking in testicular capacity. Blackburn were at it most of the match - I thought that kicking the ball away was a bookable offence, as is preventing a free-kick from being taken, so there should have been a mass of yellow cads handed out, but nothing at all was done. Or Tom getting fouled twice either side of the penalty area line. The ref quite rightly blew for the foul outside the box, but then put the ball down a further 15 yards out. Why? And when Shinnie was clattered, nothing given, but as he went to get up he was "collided with" and in the ensuing scuffle, it was Shinnie who got carded, not their number 27 who ran right across the pitch to get involved.

What was good to see is that having got ourselves up off the floor, we were incessant, never giving up, so  a goal was always going to come at some stage. Hitting the post and the peno, yes yet another one turned down meant that Blackburn were rattled near the end. If  only we had played further up the pitch and pressed them earlier in the match, instead of all the fannying around at the back.

Very dissappointing overall, with only Max Bird coming out with honours. He is getting better and better every match, and was easily man of the match today. He did seem to waste some of his passes, but in actual fact his intention was spot on, and was a matter of inches away from a George Thorne-style defence splitting pass on several occasions. Keep it up Max. And Tom's booking was a direct result of his petulance - he was fouled, almost having his shirt ripped off, and then hurtled in and brought his man down with a bump. Absolutely no need, and absolutely no way is this captain material.

Although the crowd went quiet for a short time midway through the second half, we were nosiy for the most part. Let's hope this performance was a one-off bad day at the office, and we go again on Wednesday.

Edited by DavesaRam

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Still need to fill that second position as  Festy can’t play there, hence why I’d go with Sibley.

Festy can play anywhere he bloody well likes! We finally picked up when he came on. Was it two bookings he drew in that time, and how many freekicks?

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

Apparently Wayne Rooney came out for the RD interview quite early, so I got to hear the replay on the journey home. He was quite blunt about it, and said if we don't turn up for 45 minutes we don't deserve anything. He said we were playing way too deep. He was trying to get messages out to move up the pitch which weren't taken up on. He also wanted to bring subs on after 20 minutes, but the players he wanted to bring on couldn't last for 70 minutes. So that explains the substitutions a bit.

Thanks, didn't hear that. Yes I'd have made subs that soon too! ?

19 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, pre season he really impressed me with his passing accuracy.  Picking out players in really tight areas with enough quality of pace to not cause a player control issues.  He does seem a little bit lightweight for a championship midfield though. 

6 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

That was one of those "cudda, Shudda, Wotiff" games. Blackburn were there for the taking, but we only started to think about the taking when it was too late. We could have gone in at half time 4, 5 or even 6 goals down. Apparently Wayne Rooney came out for the RD interview quite early, so I got to hear the replay on the journey home. He was quite blunt about it, and said if we don't turn up for 45 minutes we don't deserve anything. He said we were playing way too deep. He was trying to get messages out to move up the pitch which weren't taken up on. He also wanted to bring subs on after 20 minutes, but the players he wanted to bring on couldn't last for 70 minutes. So that explains the substitutions a bit.

There is another issue to my mind, one which has plagued us for years, which is that we never make any attempt to mark the opposition's wide men, so the ball is played to them in acres of space, and by the time we have moved over to close him down, he has already got the cross in. It cost us greatly today as Blackburn played loads of balls out to the wing - this even though we were sitting too deep.

Sadly, I think Sibley has thrown his chance away. He was in his best position today, although he didn't have a target man to play off, and didn't have too much in the way of opportunity, although he still produced more than Lawrence until the closing minutes. Joswiack didn't do himself any favours either, although he again put more effort in than his captain.

It seemed that the substitutions worked, but I think it was more down to the team playing further up the pitch. So combined with Blackburn settling back on the 2-0, we gave a much better performance in the second half, although there was still too much of the Chuckle Brother's play-making at the back. My usual discontent with the match officials continues, with today's being particularly spineless and lacking in testicular capacity. Blackburn were at it most of the match - I thought that kicking the ball away was a bookable offence, as is preventing a free-kick from being taken, so there should have been a mass of yellow cads handed out, but nothing at all was done. Or Tom getting fouled twice either side of the penalty area line. The ref quite rightly blew for the foul outside the box, but then put the ball down a further 15 yards out. Why? And when Shinnie was clattered, nothing given, but as he went to get up he was "collided with" and in the ensuing scuffle, it was Shinnie who got carded, not their number 27 who ran right across the pitch to get involved.

What was good to see is that having got ourselves up off the floor, we were incessant, never giving up, so  a goal was always going to come at some stage. Hitting the post and the peno, yes yet another one turned down meant that Blackburn were rattled near the end. If  only we had played further up the pitch and pressed them earlier in the match, instead of all the fannying around at the back.

Very dissappointing overall, with only Max Bird coming out with honours. He is getting better and better every match, and was easily man of the match today. He did seem to waste some of his passes, but in actual fact his intention was spot on, and was a matter of inches away from a George Thorne-style defence splitting pass on several occasions. Keep it up Max.

Let's hope this was a one-off bad day at the office, and we go again on Wednesday.

Agree with a lot of this Dave but Shinnie took their bloke out knee high..another ref would have maybe sent him off...

Agree that the ref again let too much go and failed to stop the gamesmanship..that was very disappointing.

Bird I thought had a below par game, just my view and appreciate many have him man of the match but I thought first half they just put a man on him and he was anonymous..2nd half he improved but I still had him below his normal standard.

Love the reports though..

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Very dissappointing overall, with only Max Bird coming out with honours. He is getting better and better every match, and was easily man of the match today. He did seem to waste some of his passes, but in actual fact his intention was spot on, and was a matter of inches away from a George Thorne-style defence splitting pass on several occasions. Keep it up Max.

Let's hope this was a one-off bad day at the office, and we go again on Wednesday.

To be fair Dave, teams away from home that go in at halftime 0-2 with not a glove layed on them tend to play with less possession and intensity in the second half.  We only looked slightly better. 

Roos - ok 

Bryne - had a big tall one on him again but he never received any decent ball from our other players 

Jagielka - much busier 

Davies - leading scorer - enough said 

Forsyth - looked off the pace 

Shinnie - shame about the booking 

Bird - tried to get us moving forward 

Morrison - a cut price Butterfield - can’t he see the simple pass to put Bryne through time and time again 

Jozwiak - one decent cut back but that was it 

Sibley - one chance to shoot first time but didn’t nothing else 

Lawrence - did nothing today for me 

subs - Richards - gave us some presence on the pitch 

Baldock - at least he was trying but never got close to the ball

Ebosele - he runs at people and things happen 

We lost and deserved to - next game start with Richards and Stretton together for me and I hope knight is fit to replace the suspended Shinnie - Morrison isn’t doing anything with the ball offensively in fact he is stopping us currently