Rams vs Coventry (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Coventry idiots bombarding Derby fans with missiles police did nowt then one city fan broke away and attacked Derby fans , police were to slow reacting so it escalated.

Yes the EFL have already blamed Derby for it & will deduct us 9 points. 

26 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Thought you could see why Coventry HAD their home record in the first 20 minutes, passing and

possession were great - but in the end they could'nt score from open play and needed a penalty

We held on and gained a point that not many other teams are going to do this season - fantastic

?⬆️

I'm a Sky Blue... Born Chaddy and moved to North of Coventry at the age of 2. Not sure I'm allowed a second team but have always looked out for your results and been a bit narked that DCFC never seem to make the big time despite the fantastic fan base.   My first game was a 0-0 in 1974 FA Cup tie at Highfield Rd.   Went today.  I agree with this comment and as the second half went on it looked like County would draw level.  A brief moment of entertainment in the stands was the side show before the goal.  Derby looked big in defence and fair play for commanding the best part of the second half.  City had a penalty call but it was waived away.  Hit the bar and had a goal disallowed.  But Derby were worth their draw.  Hope off the pitch problems get sorted out so that you stay up. 

1 minute ago, Flying Fokker said:

I'm a Sky Blue... Born Chaddy and moved to North of Coventry at the age of 2. Not sure I'm allowed a second team but have always looked out for your results and been a bit narked that DCFC never seem to make the big time despite the fantastic fan base.   My first game was a 0-0 in 1974 FA Cup tie at Highfield Rd.   Went today.  I agree with this comment and as the second half went on it looked like County would draw level.  A brief moment of entertainment in the stands was the side show before the goal.  Derby looked big in defence and fair play for commanding the best part of the second half.  City had a penalty call but it was waived away.  Hit the bar and had a goal disallowed.  But Derby were worth their draw.  Hope off the pitch problems get sorted out so that you stay up. 

Good to see Cov's star on the rise mate. Could have done with your lot having an off day today but a draw is probably a fair result. 

I worked for British Telecom for 21 years, and there was an office in the Derby Telephone Exchange where the duty sign was changed, and now read "Office of Doom, Gloom and Despondency. Abandon hope, all ye who enter". This is relevant because I travelled the entire world looking for a live stream of the match, but then had to settle for Radio Derby!

Anyone got a really sharp knife?

Actually, they were rather upbeat about the opening few minutes, because we managed 3 chances before they had their first shot on goal - the penalty! It sounded like Coventry were pressing us in groups, and not giving us time on the ball, forcing mistakes. Then when they had the ball, they attacked with pace. You know, all those things which work when we do them, but we would rather not do them most of the time. And that seemed to be the pattern for the first half. Charlie Palmer was the expert pundit and called it right - there would have to be a change of attitude, or tactics, or players in the second half if we were to recue anything.

It sounded like in  the second half we were playing our passes much quicker, and not dwelling on the ball too long, and suddenly we were in the match. Palmer was also critical of some of the players who weren't putting  the effort in, and when pressed he singled out Ebosele and Joswiack, who were walking back to their own half after an attack broke down instead of running back to help their team mates. It was a fair point, although Joswiack has done his fair share of tracking back and defending in recent matches. And as soon as they were replaced by Sibley and Richards we were on the front foot. It is possible that Rooney and Rosenior knew that Coventry couldn't keep the pressing up all game, and held the changes back until they started to tire, maximising the impact of the substitutions. I've no idea if that is the case, but it sounds good, doesn't it?

Th fans kicking off was because the Coventry lot were singing "Your going down", or something like that, and the Derby fans bit, and started to get across the dividing seats which were covered in flags. IT was pretty stupid of them, because we are not going down. End of story!

Anyways, Shinnie decided to score and put an end to all the shenanigans. I am delighted with the point, as we are the first team to take anything off Coventry at their own patch. Go Derby!

Edited by DavesaRam

4 minutes ago, sage said:

What happened with CKR hitting the woodwork? I was watching but the TV went blank for 10 seconds. 

Dismt realise I'd missed something till the interviews after the game 

10 seconds is that all, I just couldn't get a picture, Then found out I hadn't turned my TV on.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

What happened with CKR hitting the woodwork? I was watching but the TV went blank for 10 seconds. 

Route one, great take down by CKR on the turn, but didn't catch it right and hit the bottom of the post.

Edited by Grumpy Git

8 minutes ago, sage said:

rolled the defender superbly,,scuffed a first time shot as he clipped the defenders leg as he shot..hit the inside of the post..bounced into the 6 yard box middle of the goal no Derby player anywhere near following up to tap in..

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I listened to the second half with the  awful radio Derby commentary…. But Charlie Palmer is a breath of fresh air, called It exactly right, get the 2 passengers on and we can get something front the game. 

I was listening to radio Derby all game Charlie Palmer was very good called it right about the subs.
Also said his favourite rams shirt was Bass emblem on the front.

Made me laugh when he said he loved midweek games because he hated training.

Strange day. I live in Sweden and pay a monthly subscription to Rams TV. Never miss a match. 

Then today my Rams TV said ” broadcast not available in your location”!! Huh? WTF

So instead of getting cross and frustrated I dropped an email to the address they provide for support! That email bounced.

Then I got cross and frustrated. Seriously Rams TV. Thanks for ruining my weekend to twots.

1 hour ago, Flying Fokker said:

Just to balance things up, you did notice that Derby also hit the woodwork? and, unless it was unfairly ruled out (I’ll see on the highlights tonight) it was obviously not a goal if it was ruled out.

I thought a draw was a fair result. Well impressed with Coventry in the first half but, unusually and much to my surprise, Derby had the best of the second half.

Good to see Coventry back in the championship, I’ve never had a problem with them

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Just to balance things up, you did notice that Derby also hit the woodwork? and, unless it was unfairly ruled out (I’ll see on the highlights tonight) it was obviously not a goal if it was ruled out.

I thought a draw was a fair result. Well impressed with Coventry in the first half but, unusually and much to my surprise, Derby had the best of the second half.

Good to see Coventry back in the championship, I’ve never had a problem with them

I’ve never forgiven them for giving us Mick Coop