Rams vs Coventry (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Fair point re:Ebosele, my observation is he needs the ball deep and in space as that seems to be where he does lots of his best work. Doing as you say they did won’t get the best out of him.

Assuming we’re still in a mess in January then everyone will be sold, if the ownership sorted then no reason why we need to sell. I like Joz but starting to think we should move him on anyway as he’s not delivering the consistent performances we were expecting. If he’d got a few more goals and assists maybe we could cut him some slack. 

As for the game yesterday, fair enough if that’s how you saw it. Other posters who were there saw it in a more positive light. IMO being nothing more than resilient is the West Brom game which to be fair was pushing that idea to the absolute extremes. I got the impression yesterday second half was much more than that and we were the better side but I wasn’t there.

I was there and also thought we could have won it. Felt last five we were trying harder not to lose it though. Fair enough.

Re Ebosele, he excels every time he plays full back/wing back. When he plays further forward he struggles a bit. I prefer him further back but Byrne is effective there too. Notice how Byrne got much more involved in the attacking play when Ebosele went off. That's because Morrison/Lawrence came over to the right and both cut in, play Byrne in on the overlap. That passing game is not Ebosele's style.

Poor 1st half, In the player ratings I gave Joz a 1/10 and stand by that he looked as though he didn’t care and didn’t want to be here. 2nd half different story and the game changed when CKR came on and we looked a threat, and I actually thought we were going to nick it at the death. Also fair play to the Cov fan with the ginger beard, he gave and took some stick all game but all in good nature and at the end of the game stood and clapped the Rams fans  ??. All in all a good point and a great away day. 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Poor 1st half, In the player ratings I gave Joz a 1/10 and stand by that he looked as though he didn’t care and didn’t want to be here. 2nd half different story and the game changed when CKR came on and we looked a threat, and I actually thought we were going to nick it at the death. Also fair play to the Cov fan with the ginger beard, he gave and took some stick all game but all in good nature and at the end of the game stood and clapped the Rams fans  ??. All in all a good point and a great away day. 

Coventry- City of culture, peace and reconciliation.

was there yesterday , well done to all the lads for staying in that game and giving us a chance of taking the points at the end , special mention for Jags who i thought was immense again and to the passion that Shinnie showed when he scored , he gives every last drop for this team , congratulations to the coaching staff , keeping things ticking over , fans again superb , great escape is on , COYR

Just watched the re run of Shinnies goal. That was  quality. Lawrence waited to give the right ball to Colin who was so so calm, again, waiting for Byrnes run then delivering a cute weighted pass, good first time cross. Ball was up but dropping so so slowly but Shinnie was composed enough wait and then shoot away from where to goalie was naturally going and where a snap shot was likely to go. That takes a steady hand in these poo strewn days. Nice one Shinnie. Well played team. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Must admit when I saw it in real time I thought it was a penalty. 

Watch Buchanan's reaction. More sheepish than his angrier teammates. 

I think they both ask the question "how much impact does it take to cause a professional footballer to fall over?"

I've seen games where those are given, and games when they're not (mostly when it's DCFC players tumbling). 

Seriously though, Gyokeres overdoes the fall : both his feet go limp, which the contact from Bird would not have caused. Godden, however, makes it look more convincing and, in truth, probably got clipped more significantly by Buchanan.