Our own song (yes this again)

sage

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

I reckon Caravan of love by the housemartins would go down a treat with everyone getting to their feet when they sing "stand up, stand up ".

I would agree, as @MuespachRam, and I have previously suggested it on here, and changed the lyrics etc, but it would take me ages to find it, maybe just sing it as it is.

Or I could try again.

Caravan of Love

One by one we're gonna stand with the pride
One that can't be denied
(Stand up, stand up, stand up, stand up)

From the BBG fountain to The Valley we go
We'll join together with hearts of gold
Now the children of the world can see

There's a better way for us to be
The place where mankind was born
Is so neglected and torn, torn apart

Every woman, every man
Join the Caravan Of Love (Stand up, stand up, stand up)
Everybody take a stand
Join the Caravan Of Love

Every woman, every Ram

Everybody take a stand
Join the Caravan Of Love

followed by.............

We Are Derby, We Are Derby, We Are Derby Super Rams........etc

bit slow this version.........but for the lyrics.

Far better version.

Edited by Inverurie Ram

4 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I would agree, as @MuespachRam, and I have previously suggested it on here, and changed the lyrics etc, but it would take me ages to find it, maybe just sing it as it is.

Or I could try again.

Caravan of Love

One that can't be denied

Every woman, every man
Everybody take a stand
Join the Caravan Of Love

Every woman, every Ram

Everybody take a stand
Join the Caravan Of Love

followed by.............

Just keep the original words.

Why are there posters suggesting songs, with a set lyrics that may have a semblance of a connection with Derby. That are then changed to make them more Rams related before being made to fit the tune of the aforementioned song.

Isn't the whole point of the thread, the choosing of a song, that can be sung by the fans word for word as originally written. That then becomes synonymous with the club and it's fans.

I do like both suggestions of Oasis'  Stop crying your heart out and Presley's Can't help falling in love with you.

Edited by 1of4

23 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Liverpool have already turned it into a brilliant song about Virgil Van Dijk.

This is our team                                                                                                                                                                                                         Built by you and me                                                                                                                                                                                                   We`re Derby County                                                                                                                                                                                                 Derby County FC                                                                                                                                                                                                       We can never go home                                                                                                                                                                                              But we`ll never feel down                                                                                                                                                                                         Still the Baseball Ground                                                                                                                                                                                           Still the Baseball Ground                                                                                                                                                                                           Think it`s FC United who do a good version of this , Ewan Macoll , Kirstys dad wrote the original folk song about Salford , so it`s their tune really !

4 minutes ago, hales300k said:

This is our team                                                                                                                                                                                                         Built by you and me                                                                                                                                                                                                   We`re Derby County                                                                                                                                                                                                 Derby County FC                                                                                                                                                                                                       We can never go home                                                                                                                                                                                              But we`ll never feel down                                                                                                                                                                                         Still the Baseball Ground                                                                                                                                                                                           Still the Baseball Ground                                                                                                                                                                                           Think it`s FC United who do a good version of this , Ewan Macoll , Kirstys dad wrote the original folk song about Salford , so it`s their tune really !

But our ground is Pride Park. I prefer it now to the BG.

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Or I could try again.

Caravan of Love

One that can't be denied

Every woman, every man
Everybody take a stand
Join the Caravan Of Love

Every woman, every Ram

Everybody take a stand
Join the Caravan Of Love

followed by.............

bit slow this version.........but for the lyrics.

Far better version.

More than three lines ? Never happen. But I shall treasure the day that you lead the East Stand in a rousing chorus of  :

every woman, every man

join the Derby fans

stand up, stand up…………….

every woman, every man

and even forest fans

stand up, stand up

aha aha aha