Our own song (yes this again)

sage

28 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I also think this could work, it doesn't really matter about the lyrics, its the singability, and the join in ability, its why Sweet Caroline works so well, not because of the lyrics but because its joyous and people join in. Mull of Kintyre on the other hand is a durge.

Errr it's the lyrics that make it joyous! ?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

That's the problem in a nutshell. You will never get this group to agree a popular song is any good. 

Every thread like this ends up as a competition to suggest the most hip song to underline their impeccable music taste even though half the people in the stadium will never have heard of it.

Or an opportunity to crack smart arse jokes about Derby. Pffft! 

To get a snapshot on current despondency/optimism/uncertainty we could offer a choice between hopelessly devoted to you - making your mind up - let  it go ?

Actually wasn’t living on a prayer I was thinking of it was it’s my life  by Bon jovi easy to change it’s my life to it’s/ they’re our rams or something like that some of that song is quite apt for us at present 

5 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Steve Bloomer is cringe, we all know it.

Football songs are at their best when they’re about hope and/or misery, not “everyone is frightened of the Derby pride” (which, evidently, they’re not).  

It’s why songs about thirty years of hurt, or how football causes love (of football) to have the world in motion resonate best.  

I quite like SBW, but I’d love a proper anthem, and I like Stop Crying Your Heart Out as it’s a) sentimental but anthemic b) has a good chorus c) nothing directly to do with football and d) has a link to us already. 

7 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Football songs are at their best when they’re about hope and/or misery, not “everyone is frightened of the Derby pride” (which, evidently, they’re not).  

It’s why songs about thirty years of hurt, or how football causes love (of football) to have the world in motion resonate best.  

I quite like SBW, but I’d love a proper anthem, and I like Stop Crying Your Heart Out as it’s a) sentimental but anthemic b) has a good chorus c) nothing directly to do with football and d) has a link to us already. 

e) Plus lots of anthems are 'given' by others to the club in question. Oh and it's a great song!

4 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Surely it’s Stop Crying Your Heart Out…

Good god no.

A song idea copied from Leeds who are, although we may have turned it back around on them for all of about a week, the team who had the last laugh and finished last season 9th in the Premier League and being admired for their approach to football, while we were avoiding relegation to League One on the final day.

Could it get any more tinpot?

That and it's part of the 90's / early 00's Britpop nostalgia wankfest that's plagued the country (especially football fans) ever since, from a band the media are still somehow obsessed with despite not even being a band since 2009, with their constituent members producing nothing but a stream of very average & unremarkable, stuck in the same era music in the meantime.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Good god no.

A song idea copied from Leeds who are, although we may have turned it back around on them for all of about a week, the team who had the last laugh and finished last season 9th in the Premier League and being admired for their approach to football, while we were avoiding relegation to League One on the final day.

Could it get any more tinpot?

That and it's part of the 90's / early 00's Britpop nostalgia wankfest that's plagued the country (especially football fans) ever since, from a band the media are still somehow obsessed with despite not even being a band since 2009, with their constituent members producing nothing but a stream of very average & unremarkable music in the meantime.

Miserable bar steward.