Our own song (yes this again)

sage

The best most famous ones mentioned by the OP don't have reference to any particular team crammed into the lyrics in order to personalise it. 

I personally find that very cheesy. Just pick an anthem and go with it.

Me? There's plenty of chanty 30 sec sections in Supersonic by Oasis as there is with Come As you Are by Nirvana. lyrically it is very love hate! Sound familiar.....

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

This, this and this again… absolutely brilliant. 
Probably the best song ever and would sound amazing. 

or this…

Possibly my favourite Queen song but there is no way the crowd at a football match could sing it.

Sadly, successful anthems usually have to have a few of the following characteristics: fairly slow, a simple chorus, simple lyrics, easy to sing, probably a little bit naff and often old. Good examples being Delilah, Blowing bubbles, Mull of Kintyre and, whilst not naff, You’ll never walk alone. Our favourite, good songs that are relatively modern rarely make it.

7 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes its a bit girlie but at least its cheery - some of the others are so drony and miserable!

That's the problem in a nutshell. You will never get this group to agree a popular song is any good. 

Every thread like this ends up as a competition to suggest the most hip song to underline their impeccable music taste even though half the people in the stadium will never have heard of it.

Or an opportunity to crack smart arse jokes about Derby. Pffft! 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's the problem in a nutshell. You will never get this group to agree a popular song is any good. 

Every thread like this ends up as a competition to suggest the most hip song to underline their impeccable music taste even though half the people in the stadium will never have heard of it.

Or an opportunity to crack smart arse jokes about Derby. Pffft! 

Does Frank Sinatra come into that category Angie??

I like the Baby by the Ramones suggestion, but it is a bit slow and doesn’t feel too different to other teams songs. Could do with something more modern/up tempo to get the atmosphere dialled up to 11.

How about…

Rammstein - Sonne (“Here comes the Derby…”)

White Town - Your Woman (Derby’s very own 90s anthem)

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby (replace Ruby with Derby for the chorus and really wind up the Leeds fans)

The Shamen - Move Any Mountain (just a banger with a catchy chorus)

Metallica - Enter Sandman (nice build up intro and easy to remember chorus)

As I'm sad and quite like wrestling again now I'm old, there was a storyline last week that basically meant the wrestler (Chris Jericho) couldn't use his entrance music. His music is sang every week by fans, but then without the music they sang the full thing. Thought it was fantastic... Starts circo 50 seconds in.

12 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Sea shanty’s and folk songs are back in vogue. 
There already is and English folk song called The Derby Ram. It’s all about exaggeration.

Perhaps some words could be altered to reflect the modern era.

I believe William Morley and the Club used to sing this at the Old Bell after post-match dinners back in the 1880’s @loweman2

Edited by Ellafella

1 hour ago, Spooney1963 said:

Buttercup as per muespachram idea

absolutely perfect and would get whole ground singing?

I also think this could work, it doesn't really matter about the lyrics, its the singability, and the join in ability, its why Sweet Caroline works so well, not because of the lyrics but because its joyous and people join in. Mull of Kintyre on the other hand is a durge.