Our own song (yes this again)

sage

On 30/08/2021 at 20:10, Will Hughes Hair said:

Anyway as an intellectual and a hipster, I’m going to suggest ‘Blinded by your grace Pt 2’  by Stormzy.

Too niche I know. But its anthemic, almost in a gospel sort of way and although it’s about God it easily translates for how we might want to see a Derby team play.

i think you could change the 'god' to Derby...it would sound great sung my a big crowd.

Derby I've been broken
Although I'm not worthy
You fixed me
I'm Blinded By Your Grace
You came and saved me

Given our present predicament I think we need variations on 

“I’m sending out an SOS” 

There has also got to be a Derby County version of the ballad of Lucy Jordan that’s suitably dark

“Thank you for the days” …. Hummm ? 

On 31/08/2021 at 11:59, Macintosh said:

If it is to be a Day Dream Believer, Sweet Caroline or Delilah type, lyrics unaltered, then it needs to be a 1960s classic that everyone in the ground can join in with:

The few clubs that do have them, it has to be simple, recognisable and catchy. Ones like Hi Ho Silver Lining, that Wolves, Sheff Wed and Villa all claim it as theirs, they just join in on the chorus lines. No one can better this: Hot Love by TRex. Even on the record it goes on for two minutes.

Lyrics are:

La La La La La La La

La La La La La La La

La La La La La La La

La La La La La La La

Ooh.

[repeat].

Or should that be too difficult, Journey - Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'. The lyrics are:

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah. nah,

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah. nah.

11 hours ago, Rev said:

This is one of the greatest songs ever written, and it's got County as a major part of the lyrics.

Add in the line 'I need you more than want you, and I want you for all time', which is an all time great line, and we've got our anthem.

One of the drabbest songs ever heard. Can't really see how you sing along to it either. 

That as an 'anthem' ?? Massive 'no' from me. 

4 hours ago, Foreveram said:

What’s the difference between a jump and a bounce ??‍♂️

They are spelt differently and bouncing is only done after hitting a surface, jumping is from a still position. After one jump it can become a bounce, but you can't bounce without a jump to start it. If you add 'er' to each word, one is a dog off Neighbours, the other is an items of clothing. 

1 hour ago, WamRam said:

Neil Diamond - Forever In Blue Jeans.

No reason. Just a banger.

Heard that the other day and you are spot on !

Only need to sing the chorus and can even throw a D C F C at the end of the last line before starting again.  I'm in the 'don't change the lyrics' camp but it would similar to the 1,2,3,4 did on the Sam Whinnal song.  

Gangway D from the terrace votes yes for Forever in Blue Jeans 

If we're going for a 1960s classic Mary Hopkins 'those were the days' was a firm favourite on the popside okay it was more of a nah nah nah we are the rams oh yes we are the rams but i liked it! Unfortunately ive a feeling Wolves have nicked that one