Our own song (yes this again)

sage

On 25/08/2021 at 18:53, sage said:

The Chip Eaters have Delilah, Palace have 'Glad all over' and even the Gumps have 'Mull of Kintyre' 

It would be great to have our own song. iT would have to be well known, easy to sing and have no one else in the UK singing it.

Maybe the odd word could be changed to relate it to Derby

Thoughts?   

This has to be this seasons song

On 08/09/2021 at 22:51, JJs dms said:

If we're going for a 1960s classic Mary Hopkins 'those were the days' was a firm favourite on the popside okay it was more of a nah nah nah we are the rams oh yes we are the rams but i liked it! Unfortunately ive a feeling Wolves have nicked that one

Only remember fans singing you're gonna die (insert opposition team name) die die die die die ...

Also remember Everton having a goalie called Dai Davies (?) and the Everton fans chanting Dai Dai Dai Dai Davies ...

These chants were adapting songs in the pop charts at the time ...

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Especially for @2tups. Hull Kingston Rovers fans can do it.

I agree - that is great. I can already imagine us clapping out of time to that and failing to hit the high notes! I think there is some footage of some Scottish fans singing twist and shout at Ibrox, I think , which is equally as good. Probably stick to what we know best though and sing about eggs and legs. 

For a successful football chant, high notes are out. 

It needs a song that sings in a low note, a slow paced song that doesn't have tempo changes or long notes. 

It also needs the chorus to end on something you can fit the word 'Derby' into. 

It helps if the lyrics have some sort of sense of connection. And have a beat that you can clap to that isn't too fast. 

Which means, for, me there is only one candidate. 

Just remember
You're the one thing
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something
This could be love because

I've had the time of my life
No, I never felt this way before
Yes, I swear, it's the truth
And I owe it all to you
Hey, baby (Derby) 

Dancing in the aisles and throwing @angieramabove your head is optional. 

If this doesn't become a chant, I will be devastated. 

30 minutes ago, Norman said:

It needs a song that sings in a low note, a slow paced song that doesn't have tempo changes or long notes. 

It helps if the lyrics have some sort of sense of connection. And have a beat that you can clap to that isn't too fast. 

Just remember
You're the one thing
I can't get enough of

And I owe it all to you
Hey, baby (Derby) 

Am I missing something....terrible song, slow, complicated vocal harmonies, wailing.....I would rather not go to the match than be made to sing this. 

Normally you speak sense...so I'm assuming this is monstrously tongue in cheek, otherwise I'm blocking this whole thread before I'm forced to support another club. 

... Although... @Inverurie Ram'I will follow him'... That definitely has the repetitive type of lyrics that I can imagine working well.

Or maybe I'm just losing my marbles too. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Am I missing something....terrible song, slow, complicated vocal harmonies, wailing.....I would rather not go to the match than be made to sing this. 

Normally you speak sense...so I'm assuming this is monstrously tongue in cheek, otherwise I'm blocking this whole thread before I'm forced to support another club. 

... Although... @Inverurie Ram'I will follow him'... That definitely has the repetitive type of lyrics that I can imagine working well.

Or maybe I'm just losing my marbles too. 

You mean, I haven't managed to convince you that we could actually sing a song from Dirty Dancing? 

Don't ruin my game.

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Just remember
You're the one thing
I can't get enough of

And I owe it all to you
Hey, baby (Derby) 

How bizarre - I woke up with this song in my head and thought that it would be perfect for a chant, so literally came on here to post as such!  ?