Our own song (yes this again)

sage

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@Owen87ITK get the dj to play Suzie Quatro Can the Can............everyone loves a bit of Suzie!

So make a stand for your man, honey
I'm a Derby Ram
Put your man in the can, honey
Get him while you can

Ram the ram
Ram the ram
If you can
Well Derby can

I didn't think all that much of her when I was 11. She looks well nice now!

I love it that 80% of us just can’t grasp the concept of not changing the words to our new club anthem ? Even Stokies have managed to resist the urge to alter the words to Delilah!

Anyway as an intellectual and a hipster, I’m going to suggest ‘Blinded by your grace Pt 2’  by Stormzy.

Too niche I know. But its anthemic, almost in a gospel sort of way and although it’s about God it easily translates for how we might want to see a Derby team play.

And no one will have already claimed first dibs on it. It would be ours alone- as long as we can resist the urge to change the lyrics ?

23 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

We could use Shed 7's Chasing Rainbows. Anthemic and easy to sing. 

Crowd join in at the chorus when dj plays it and repeat a few times after the song has finished etc.

"I could deny
But I'll never realise
I'm just chasing rainbows
All the time"

Good shout is ‘Chasing Rainbows’. As you can really bellow it out as with my ‘Hold Me Close’, suggestion although appreciate younger generation won’t know that. 

Think you only need the chorus as all other clubs just sing the chorus of their anthems. 

Agree with others in that you don’t change the lyrics. 

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace 

Bit off topic but Ive always wondered what happened to Derby County Derby County we'll support you evermore to the tune of bread of heaven ,was always the go to chant when things were looking grim still think it beats Derby till I die. There's a cracking football tune by the Anti Nowhere League called walk away but I doubt the club would ever play owt by them

If it is to be a Day Dream Believer, Sweet Caroline or Delilah type, lyrics unaltered, then it needs to be a 1960s classic that everyone in the ground can join in with:

Light My Fire

You Really Got Me

I Heard It Through the Grapevine

Bad Moon Rising

Blowin' In the Wind

I'm a Believer

Down Town

Satisfaction

All Right Now

Handbags and Gladrags

Let the Sunshine In

You can't just unnaturally force some tired old pop song onto a club's  entire fanbase without there being a single solid reason for it, no unifying event to inspire it, and with no local connection to the song whatsoever. Maybe you could in the 80s in Stoke, but not today.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

15 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

You can't just unnaturally force some tired old pop song onto a club's  entire fanbase without there being a single solid reason for it, no unifying event to inspire it, and with no local connection to the song whatsoever. Maybe you could in the 80s in Stoke, but not today.

Exactly. That's why a cliched heavy metal song should be forced upon the fanbase instead....

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Or "fell on black days" or "outshined" or "blow up the outside world"

There are many., lovely, melodic catchy songs from them. Exit Stonehenge's lyrics would be simple to learn for most:

Jesus I can't feel my penis
Exit Stonehenge
Exit Stonehenge
Jesus I can't touch my penis
Jesus I can't see my feet
Jesus I don't like my penis
Exit Stonehenge
Exit Stonehenge