Please sack them NOW

Archied

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

This is going to be a long slog of a season. 

The real worry is it might be more than just this season how do we know the club will be sold this season we don’t, and that scares the hell out of me because we are in a proper mess....I am actually struggling now to mention Mel without ill feeling and I don’t like myself for that but he doesn’t want peanuts for the club and could be a long time before all we are talking about is the game we love ...sad times indeed ?

Each game we keep hoping for an improvement but it never seems to come. Just disappointment. Agreed, it's not only Rooney's fault but there must be a point in time when the line in the sand is crossed?

Ten games has to be the very maximum but by then it might be too late. It could be beyond repair. 

Personally, I was disappointed when the club dispensed with Nigel Clough. The progress was steady but it seemed to be small, certain steps in the right direction. 

I haven't studied the statistics but it may well have been the wrong decision to bring Wayne Rooney to the club in the first place. It seems to have been a downward spiral since he arrived. 

1 hour ago, Ramifications said:

Each game we keep hoping for an improvement but it never seems to come. Just disappointment. Agreed, it's not only Rooney's fault but there must be a point in time when the line in the sand is crossed?

Ten games has to be the very maximum but by then it might be too late. It could be beyond repair. 

Personally, I was disappointed when the club dispensed with Nigel Clough. The progress was steady but it seemed to be small, certain steps in the right direction. 

I haven't studied the statistics but it may well have been the wrong decision to bring Wayne Rooney to the club in the first place. It seems to have been a downward spiral since he arrived. 

Crab steps at best under Clough, but more importantly we now seem to be in the position that financially we cannot afford a new manager. Mel Morris is the only one who holds the key to our fate and having bought the train set needs to accept that if we go down the toilet he and he alone is responsible.

I’m not Rooney’s biggest fan (as the Manager) however, as he wasn’t removed following a poor end of season he has to be given a run of games to prove himself under very difficult circumstances.

the first game wasn’t a classic, we showed character to beat Salford and we were closing in on a tight away win until Sibley had his usual mad one and Jozwiak decided to mark the linesman.

We’re not going to take the league by storm with Lawrence and Jozwiak as our key creative players and such a thin striker department so it’s crucial that Rooney improves tactically to pick up points.

Lampard should’ve done better with his squad let’s be honest, when we are taken over we can dispense with the vanity project and appoint managers based on ability not commercial value.

Until then, the fans need to be positive and hopefully Wednesday won’t be too damaging for us (the accounts deadline). 

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Phillip Cocu record more points at the beginning of last season compared to Wayne Rooney's end-of-season record? Rooney had exactly the same players + Mengi, Edmundson, Roberts and Baningime.

One of them had us in the relegation zone with those points the other kept us up. You're one for 'deep thinking' what difference does it make to a players mental strength always having to fight to stay out of the relegation zone, as opposed to starting with the aim of bettering 10th?

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

King Billy, he is the only one that can save us now. 

We may as well. I can't think of anyone more suited to driving the clown car we have become.

7 years now since his last job by the way. I wonder if it will ever sink in with you just how abominably bad someone has to be to be unable to find a desperate club to take a chance on them in that length of time.

Edited by Anon

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bizarre you would give up on him after the Charlton away game, which was about 10 game into his first season, working with an average squad. What were you expecting? Bielsa-ball?

Good points and judging by the reactions a lot agree with you but to answer:-

I guess you had to be at charlton to see how dreadful and disorganised we were that day being completely dominated by a team that were relegated albeit by a single point. 

i thought cocu was bereft of ideas and in the end his interviews were just hollow and I ended up feeling sorry for him. To answer your question yes I was expecting more for some of the reasons that you outline. We were bottom of the league when he left it couldn’t have been much worse 

Anyhow that is all now history and we’ve done the cocu retrospectives - we have another struggle to address this season 

welcome back btw always interesting to read your posts even if I don’t agree with all of them! 

Edited by Monty
Word edit

We need to have some perspective. In our current state, we have absolutely no other option than getting behind Rooney and co. Mel Morris isn't about to add another £4-6m to pay Rooney off. I think it's pretty clear to me that both Rooney and Mel probably can't stand the sight of each other, at least that's what it looks like from the outside looking in.

Mel, I'd imagine, would like nothing more than Rooney to walk away for nothing. Rooney, I'd imagine would like nothing more than a takeover to come through so he can have a proper crack at building his own team. Although, all that being said, depending on who comes in could potentially just make a quick change. 

I said before the season that Rooney, in the current situation, has the safest job in football. We could lose the next 10 games all 4-0 and he would still have his job. We could get relegated with a record low points - he would still have this job. I have absolutely no doubt about that. I do think it's highly likely that he will surpass Paul Jewell's points-per-game record and perhaps go down in the history books as the worst manager the club's ever had.

38 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We need to have some perspective. In our current state, we have absolutely no other option than getting behind Rooney and co. Mel Morris isn't about to add another £4-6m to pay Rooney off. I think it's pretty clear to me that both Rooney and Mel probably can't stand the sight of each other, at least that's what it looks like from the outside looking in.

Mel, I'd imagine, would like nothing more than Rooney to walk away for nothing. Rooney, I'd imagine would like nothing more than a takeover to come through so he can have a proper crack at building his own team. Although, all that being said, depending on who comes in could potentially just make a quick change. 

It is noticeable that Rooney now when saying we need help asks for it from the club/Derby and doesn't mention Morris. I imagine the latest escapade with the 8 trialists being offered contracts to sign with no wages and then we only managed 4 of them would have really pissed him off. He sounded as though he'd told them they'd get to sign for us - no doubt based on what was being fed down from on high!

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At 14:15 on Saturday, I bet Rooney and the team were getting praised by the majority on here.
Then 2 massive defensive rooster ups and Rooney is suddenly to blame?

Oh come on, do you really think we are all so shallow and fickle?  I've consistently wanted him out, well before the end of last season.  He's not "suddenly" to blame at all.  Conversely, 1 deflected shot from a corner and Rooney is the Messiah??

As an aside, I've never understood this "logic" - it is perfectly possible for there to be 2 co-existing cohorts, one of whom holds an opinion, and the other holding a diametrically opposed view.  Just because one cohort is temporarily more vocal, does not mean that the other has changed their mind.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

We could lose the next 10 games all 4-0 and he would still have his job. We could get relegated with a record low points - he would still have this job. I have absolutely no doubt about that

Doubt it myself. 

9 hours ago, Ramifications said:

Agreed, it's not only Rooney's fault

Yeah, it's not only Rooney's fault, or only he and Rosenior's

They're just the one's who's come up with a tactic where our full backs are playing wing back, our wingers playing full back, our central midfielders playing LCB & RCB, our AM (who should actually be the LW) is playing DM and our DMs are playing... well who knows what they're playing because they neither defend or attack, meaning our our CF is completely isolated and our wing backs (a role not traditionally part of a back 4)  have no support in the middle and have little option but to run down dead ends or cross it early to nobody.

It just about worked against a League Two team and a pre-season friendly against a Spanish team playing at half-speed when we could get our best passers in the team, but in a league match it just means that everyone on the pitch aside from GK, CBs & CF isn't playing their natural game, and the added 'steel' detracts further from our passing ability and creativity.

They're just the ones who use these stifling tactics to help control games in the first half, often only making changes that see us attacking with any real intent in the second half thus ensuring we'll almost never score 2 or more goals and will end most games needing to hang on to a slender lead, or even just a point, which we never do because they've left themselves with no controlling players to bring off the bench and subbed the ones who started the match off!

Their game management is in serious need of work.

Edited by Coconut

29 minutes ago, Deej said:

Oh come on, do you really think we are all so shallow and fickle?  I've consistently wanted him out, well before the end of last season.  He's not "suddenly" to blame at all.  Conversely, 1 deflected shot from a corner and Rooney is the Messiah??

As an aside, I've never understood this "logic" - it is perfectly possible for there to be 2 co-existing cohorts, one of whom holds an opinion, and the other holding a diametrically opposed view.  Just because one cohort is temporarily more vocal, does not mean that the other has changed their mind.

If we had won no one would be calling for him to be sacked.

But because of a string of defensive mistakes Rooney deserves to be sacked?
1. Forsyth ducked under the ball, Jozwiak reacted too slowly and Byrne gave his man half of the pitch
2. Shinnie/Forsyth trying to head the same ball, Davies coming out to head Bird's ball, Davies not getting back into position quick enough, and Byrne forgetting how to kick a ball

Basic errors which the players are the only ones responsible for.