Please sack them NOW

Archied

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

One of them had us in the relegation zone with those points the other kept us up. You're one for 'deep thinking' what difference does it make to a players mental strength always having to fight to stay out of the relegation zone, as opposed to starting with the aim of bettering 10th?

Wazza can only dream of getting HIS team to finish 10th....

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If we had won no one would be calling for him to be sacked.

But because of a string of defensive mistakes Rooney deserves to be sacked?
1. Forsyth ducked under the ball, Jozwiak reacted too slowly and Byrne gave his man half of the pitch
2. Shinnie/Forsyth trying to head the same ball, Davies coming out to head Bird's ball, Davies not getting back into position quick enough, and Byrne forgetting how to kick a ball

Basic errors which the players are the only ones responsible for.

This is all true, up to a point. 

Why do the same people make more mistakes in one environment and less mistakes in another environment? Management!

People are more likely to make mistakes: in unfamiliar roles; or where they are uncertain what their role is; or where they lack confidence in what they are doing. All these are issues to be addressed by proper management.

If our players often look clueless, perhaps it's because nobody's given them a clue.

39 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Yeah, it's not only Rooney's fault, or only he and Rosenior's

They're just the one's who's come up with a tactic where our full backs are playing wing back, our wingers playing full back, our central midfielders playing LCB & RCB, our AM (who should actually be the LW) is playing DM and our DMs are playing... well who knows what they're playing because they neither defend or attack, meaning our our CF is completely isolated and our wing backs (a role not traditionally part of a back 4)  have no support in the middle and have little option but to run down dead ends or cross it early to nobody.

It just about worked against a League Two team and a pre-season friendly against a Spanish team playing at half-speed when we could get our best passers in the team, but in a league match it just means that everyone on the pitch aside from GK, CBs & CF isn't playing their natural game, and the added 'steel' detracts further from our passing ability and creativity.

They're just the ones who use these stifling tactics to help control games in the first half, often only making changes that see us attacking with any real intent in the second half thus ensuring we'll almost never score 2 or more goals and will end most games needing to hang on to a slender lead, or even just a point, which we never do because they've left themselves with no controlling players to bring off the bench and subbed the ones who started the match off!

Their game management is in serious need of work.

My favourite tactic is the one where Roos, stearman and Davies stand on the 6 yard line with Davies taking the goal kick to Roos who panics and clips it into the channels.

It was very reminiscent of how my 6 year olds team plays!

Just now, Ramarena said:

My favourite tactic is the one where Roos, stearman and Davies stand on the 6 yard line with Davies taking the goal kick to Roos who panics and clips it into the channels.

It was very reminiscent of how my 6 year olds team plays!

That’s not a tactic it’s just poor execution 

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wazza can only dream of getting HIS team to finish 10th....

To be fair it’d take a pretty good manager to get this team to 10th of higher.

That said they should be able avoid relegation, it’d be tight but a reasonable expectation if the manager can get them playing to their maximum!

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At 14:15 on Saturday, I bet Rooney and the team were getting praised by the majority on here.
Then 2 massive defensive rooster ups and Rooney is suddenly to blame?

I don't think that's true... 

More reasonable is that those who think he isn't up to the job know they will get drowned out with comments of 'give him a chance', 'game hasn't kicked off yet and you're moaning' etc. By 2.15, most were saying we were hanging on.. 

He has a really really awful record, yet lots of people are still giving him a pass, due to nothing more than the fact the club is in a mess and he's still here. My feeling is that's exactly why we need an experienced head. 

Edited by Chester40

38 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

This is all true, up to a point. 

Why do the same people make more mistakes in one environment and less mistakes in another environment? Management!

People are more likely to make mistakes: in unfamiliar roles; or where they are uncertain what their role is; or where they lack confidence in what they are doing. All these are issues to be addressed by proper management.

If our players often look clueless, perhaps it's because nobody's given them a clue.

There's a chance you can put some responsibility on Rooney for Jozwiak not reacting quickly enough - perhaps he wasn't prepared enough when coming on?

But Forsyth ducking under the ball, Byrne giving his man too much space, Shinnie/Forsyth trying to head the same ball, Davies coming out to head Bird's ball, Davies not getting back into position quick enough, and Byrne forgetting how to kick a ball are all individual mistakes and 100% down to those players involved.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

One of them had us in the relegation zone with those points the other kept us up. You're one for 'deep thinking' what difference does it make to a players mental strength always having to fight to stay out of the relegation zone, as opposed to starting with the aim of bettering 10th?

I think there will be a fair few on here that didn’t rate Phillip Cocu.

I believe he is a good manager, but his form last season with the set of players at his disposal was poor.

Wayne Rooney’s form at the back end of last season with the players at his disposal was poor.

You defend him and that is fine.

In the two scenarios there is a common denominator - the players and that both managers have/had their hands tied and are/were unable to improve the squad as a result of circumstances out of their control.

One person is ultimately responsible for that and that person is the one who has written the cheques at the club over the past five years.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's a chance you can put some responsibility on Rooney for Jozwiak not reacting quickly enough - perhaps he wasn't prepared enough when coming on?

But Forsyth ducking under the ball, Byrne giving his man too much space, Shinnie/Forsyth trying to head the same ball, Davies coming out to head Bird's ball, Davies not getting back into position quick enough, and Byrne forgetting how to kick a ball are all individual mistakes and 100% down to those players involved.

I don't think you are getting my point. I agree they are individual mistakes. But I am saying that individual mistakes happen more often in an environment that is conducive to mistakes. My point is that, over time, the amount of mistakes that people make comes down to their mental state, which is heavily influenced by how they are managed.

For every goal in every game you can point to a mistake which caused the goal. From that point of view every defeat is down to individual mistakes. But if players on one team (wearing white and black) keep making more mistakes than their opponents then that is a management issue.