Please sack them NOW

Archied

5 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I don't think you are getting my point. I agree they are individual mistakes. But I am saying that individual mistakes happen more often in an environment that is conducive to mistakes. My point is that, over time, the amount of mistakes that people make comes down to their mental state, which is heavily influenced by how they are managed.

For every goal in every game you can point to a mistake which caused the goal. From that point of view every defeat is down to individual mistakes. But if players on one team (wearing white and black) keep making more mistakes than their opponents then that is a management issue. 

only part of the story and management only influence to a degree.  Perhaps Byrne is dreading another Wigan experience or is upset how Marshall is being treated.  There maybe off the field problems that are affecting him.  Joz unhappy being here, homesick, wishing he had never come because this environment was not what he was told.  Just the standard of players we are reduced to having may be prone to more mistakes.

There is not much to show that WR is making a positive difference but I can see that he has been given a mountain to climb

18 minutes ago, Spanish said:

only part of the story and management only influence to a degree.  Perhaps Byrne is dreading another Wigan experience or is upset how Marshall is being treated.  There maybe off the field problems that are affecting him.  Joz unhappy being here, homesick, wishing he had never come because this environment was not what he was told.  Just the standard of players we are reduced to having may be prone to more mistakes.

There is not much to show that WR is making a positive difference but I can see that he has been given a mountain to climb

I think you're underplaying the importance of a manager. Look what Leeds's manager did with a bunch of Championship players. When it's 1 or 2 players who aren't quite right you could put it down to the individuals issues, but if it's pretty much the whole squad you have to question other things. 

Also I could be wrong but I don't think Byrne and Marshall are that close for it to be affecting Byrne's performance.

36 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I don't think you are getting my point. I agree they are individual mistakes. But I am saying that individual mistakes happen more often in an environment that is conducive to mistakes. My point is that, over time, the amount of mistakes that people make comes down to their mental state, which is heavily influenced by how they are managed.

For every goal in every game you can point to a mistake which caused the goal. From that point of view every defeat is down to individual mistakes. But if players on one team (wearing white and black) keep making more mistakes than their opponents then that is a management issue. 

I understand the point you're making, but I'm struggling to see in any way how Rooney's management in any way can result in Forsyth choosing to duck out of a header or Byrne choosing to give his man so much space

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At 14:15 on Saturday, I bet Rooney and the team were getting praised by the majority on here.
Then 2 massive defensive rooster ups and Rooney is suddenly to blame?

were there 2 massive mess ups in the previous 18 games that has led to 1 solitary victory... He deserves to be sacked for a consistent run of absolutely abysmal results and terrible football. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm struggling to see in any way how Rooney's management in any way can result in Forsyth choosing to duck out of a header or Byrne choosing to give his man so much space

It’s more than just the odd few incidents though isn’t it. 
ANY other manager would’ve been sacked or walked by now with his record. 

He’s learning on the job at the expense of DCFC. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I think you're underplaying the importance of a manager. Look what Leeds's manager did with a bunch of Championship players. When it's 1 or 2 players who aren't quite right you could put it down to the individuals issues, but if it's pretty much the whole squad you have to question other things. 

Also I could be wrong but I don't think Byrne and Marshall are that close for it to be affecting Byrne's performance.

linking Marshall to Wigan really.  I don't think there are many conclusions to be drawn from the performances to criticise or support WR but really, it can't be much fun for any of them.  By the time WR took over Leeds were so far ahead of us after bashing us at home under Cocu.  We will never know but even the great Bielsa would have a job making a silk purse out of the current squad.

This ludicrous position lies in the hands of one man and it isn't WR

Were talking about a Mistake. We have only had 3 games so far drawn 1, Lost 1 and won one. 

He can only work with the players we have, This is going to be an abysmal Season we all know that. I really don't see it down to WR or LR. 

The club have fu**ed up yes, but we are in this position as we sacked managers and brought absolute rubbish. We need to move on, as I have said for me I will attend the games and support the team, I'm not saying I'm a fan of WR or, Joswiak, Byrne etc. I am just supporting Derby County. Infact I hate Mel (He's made our club a shambles and hides from us instead of holding his hands up), I don't think Rooney is the right role model for young players (Flaunting Covid, hotels with young women, lack of respect to fans, In it to make a name for himself etc), I think Byrne made a mistake and slipped cost us the game along with others but I will still support until the season is over. 

If we Sack WR and LR we do not have a manager to replace him, The argument could be Steve Mac but we would still have to fork out x-million to get rid of him and we don't have the money. The only thing we can do is support this dross until someone with Money hopefully buys DCFC as a club and we move forward. So if that means I have to cheer that rubbish on display then so be it. I'm cheering Derby County no one else. (Maybe Curtis Davis as he didn't have to stay)

20 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I mean, bless ya for thinking we’ve got a championship squad.

10 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

Were talking about a Mistake. We have only had 3 games so far drawn 1, Lost 1 and won one. 

He can only work with the players we have, This is going to be an abysmal Season we all know that. I really don't see it down to WR or LR. 

The club have fu**ed up yes, but we are in this position as we sacked managers and brought absolute rubbish. We need to move on, as I have said for me I will attend the games and support the team, I'm not saying I'm a fan of WR or, Joswiak, Byrne etc. I am just supporting Derby County. Infact I hate Mel (He's made our club a shambles and hides from us instead of holding his hands up), I don't think Rooney is the right role model for young players (Flaunting Covid, hotels with young women, lack of respect to fans, In it to make a name for himself etc), I think Byrne made a mistake and slipped cost us the game along with others but I will still support until the season is over. 

If we Sack WR and LR we do not have a manager to replace him, The argument could be Steve Mac but we would still have to fork out x-million to get rid of him and we don't have the money. The only thing we can do is support this dross until someone with Money hopefully buys DCFC as a club and we move forward. So if that means I have to cheer that rubbish on display then so be it. I'm cheering Derby County no one else. (Maybe Curtis Davis as he didn't have to stay)

What game have we won ?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think there will be a fair few on here that didn’t rate Phillip Cocu.

I believe he is a good manager, but his form last season with the set of players at his disposal was poor.

Wayne Rooney’s form at the back end of last season with the players at his disposal was poor.

You defend him and that is fine.

In the two scenarios there is a common denominator - the players and that both managers have/had their hands tied and are/were unable to improve the squad as a result of circumstances out of their control.

One person is ultimately responsible for that and that person is the one who has written the cheques at the club over the past five years.

Bris, blaming the players only carries credence if you’re looking at the game on paper and not watching it with your own eyes. In the same way we used to trigger you by discrediting Pep and saying its all about the players, for you to kick off… well this is the same but on opposite end of spectrum. 

we know when players are performing and when they’re confused and when they’re being lazy… under Cocu and now under Rooney, it’s been clear the players are not organised, not confident and not motivated. 

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Bris, blaming the players only carries credence if you’re looking at the game on paper and not watching it with your own eyes. In the same way we used to trigger you by discrediting Pep and saying its all about the players, for you to kick off… well this is the same but on opposite end of spectrum. 

we know when players are performing and when they’re confused and when they’re being lazy… under Cocu and now under Rooney, it’s been clear the players are not organised, not confident and not motivated. 

Or they aren’t good enough yet because they are very inexperienced.

36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think the fitness levels in recent seasons have been questionable as well. For those people who have been to live games this season, how are we looking fitness wise? 

Still blowing and looking knackered after about 60 mins? 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think the fitness levels in recent seasons have been questionable as well. For those people who have been to live games this season, how are we looking fitness wise? 

Still blowing and looking knackered after about 60 mins? 

I didn't notice this on Saturday, apart from CKR, who always looks knackered but then does his job surprisingly well. Ebosele was taken off because he wasn't making a positive impact on the game - wrong position for him, he's a wing back/fullback. Didn't look tired.

Morrison was maybe flagging a bit, but he was managing it himself and we all know what happened when he did come off.

On Tuesday I thought Watson, Hutchinson looked shattered but I think that was more about the occasion. Thought R+R used the substitutes well on that night. 

Jozwiak definitely tired first game but he was behind the others in terms of minutes. Looked much better fitness wise against Salford.

Fozzy - we know he can't play twice a week. Has had to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday. It showed.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I didn't notice this on Saturday, apart from CKR, who always looks knackered but then does his job surprisingly well. Ebosele was taken off because he wasn't making a positive impact on the game - wrong position for him, he's a wing back/fullback. Didn't look tired.

Morrison was maybe flagging a bit, but he was managing it himself and we all know what happened when he did come off.

On Tuesday I thought Watson, Hutchinson looked shattered but I think that was more about the occasion. Thought R+R used the substitutes well on that night. 

Jozwiak definitely tired first game but he was behind the others in terms of minutes. Looked much better fitness wise against Salford.

Fozzy - we know he can't play twice a week. Has had to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday. It showed.

That sounds a bit more promising Angie. I think it was Cocus first season where we consistently dropped deeper after about 60 to 70 mins and stopped pressing which at the time was thought to be fitness rather than tactical.