Please sack them NOW

Archied

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Who do we have who compares to Mount, Wilson and Tomori? Or Vydra?

Doesn’t matter. We had players like Baird, Bennett, Marriott, Ince, even Duane bloody Holmes playing well under previous managers! We kid ourselves that these players are now rubbish but our old gaffers got players playing 7/10+, when was the last time half the team played better than even 5/10??

you’ve triggered me now! ? I’m not even one of those calling for him to be sacked! But I’m not having all the excuses. He’s performed very very very poorly, the only thing I’m giving him a pass on is he’s definitely been unable to build his own team. I doubt he’d have signed any of the freebies if given like-for-like resources of last few managers. 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Different times different circumstances.

Rooney has his hands tied more than Managers in the past player purchase wise .

Anyhow I feel you are about to launch into me so I’m out. 

Dave, if you’ve seen my posts over the last 15 years, I’ve always been about coaching and getting better out of your players. Until you lose and your players are reaching 7/10 performances, you cannot say the players aren’t good enough. 

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Dave, if you’ve seen my posts over the last 15 years, I’ve always been about coaching and getting better out of your players. Until you lose and your players are reaching 7/10 performances, you cannot say the players aren’t good enough. 

I’m all for getting the best out of players and I think we have good players even if a lot are very inexperienced.

7/10 individually and  consistently is a very high standard for players .

I do understand Rooney reservations and I can certainly see he is very fallible as is Rosenior .

The trouble is changing managers all the time is also a problem and that falls on Mel  

People make mistakes in work and in life  .

I am not saying I’m right I’m just giving my opinion  .

End of the day you and I want the same thing a successful Derby County.

PS Lampard gave the fans a great day at Leeds but that doesn’t compare to what I saw under Brian Clough and Dave Mackay or Jim Smith or A Cox 

Edited by Curtains

47 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Do you know that? 

If we had a bit more money, a little more stability and brought in a few more players...would results be different? I'm not so sure... 

I think another manager with experience would get more out of what we have. 

I think if (and we’re being optimistic here) we file our accounts pay HMRC and we come out of embargo then it would be all excuses removed over to Rooney to deliver.  If results are the same and we can actually afford to sack him then you make the call. You may be right a more experienced manager could get more out of them but then Tony Pulis at Wednesday last season was a disaster? . But with where we are right now the Calibre of manager we want won’t come. You could maybe get an Ian Evatt and we would love him to succeed being an ex-ram but he could be another Paul Hurst? Similar situation in Ipswich weren’t spending money (although far more than us as weren’t in embargo) and they were cut adrift.

Rooney doesn’t have much credit in the bank after last season, I get it, but I genuinely think he’s trying to develop a more attacking playing style and make the best of a challenging situation so has my support again - for now.

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Doesn’t matter. We had players like Baird, Bennett, Marriott, Ince, even Duane bloody Holmes playing well under previous managers! We kid ourselves that these players are now rubbish but our old gaffers got players playing 7/10+, when was the last time half the team played better than even 5/10??

you’ve triggered me now! ? I’m not even one of those calling for him to be sacked! But I’m not having all the excuses. He’s performed very very very poorly, the only thing I’m giving him a pass on is he’s definitely been unable to build his own team. I doubt he’d have signed any of the freebies if given like-for-like resources of last few managers. 

He's the only Derby manager in a long time with a squad that isn't at the level we're playing at. Trigger away matey.

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Let’s give him 10 games and then if there is no change get rid. More than fair.

Happy with that, as you say more than fair. Although that would also imply we’d actually be in a position to do something about it ie. the club starting to have some semblance of stability 

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think if (and we’re being optimistic here) we file our accounts pay HMRC and we come out of embargo then it would be all excuses removed over to Rooney to deliver.  If results are the same and we can actually afford to sack him then you make the call. You may be right a more experienced manager could get more out of them but then Tony Pulis at Wednesday last season was a disaster? . But with where we are right now the Calibre of manager we want won’t come. You could maybe get an Ian Evatt and we would love him to succeed being an ex-ram but he could be another Paul Hurst? Similar situation in Ipswich weren’t spending money (although far more than us as weren’t in embargo) and they were cut adrift.

Rooney doesn’t have much credit in the bank after last season, I get it, but I genuinely think he’s trying to develop a more attacking playing style and make the best of a challenging situation so has my support again - for now.

I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiments..agreed no one knows, my issue was more that your original post seemed a little irked or incredulous that anyone could think otherwise, whereas I think it's pretty reasonable. 

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve seen you criticise Lampard a few posts back, but I’ve seen Lampard getting GREAT performances out of individuals and the collective. We will never repeat Leeds away under Rooney. 

Prior to Lampard, I remember Rowett getting great performances out of players. McClaren before him, even Clement got players to perform! 

I don’t recall an amazing individual or team performance under Rooney. 

Lampard also took the team out on the lash and showed off his bar bill to the world after beating a Leeds team, knowing how much Chelsea hate Leeds and all the rest, for winning a semi final. Our players had done all their celebrating before the most important game, the final, where the players looked sluggish, and the majority of our fans thought we'd lost the game as soon as we all saw the team he'd picked, plus the time it took to make a substitution. 

And Rooney would have been shot for not starting with JM in the final, for his and the team's "amazing" performance.

I tend to let the Strictly Come Dancing judges and viewers give it all that "amazing" stuff. But I'll give you a "7" for trying.

Just now, deanoakaram4life said:

There is no way he gets sacked, he either sees the season out on his 50k a week, or gets hounded out by the fans and walks.

It’s bleak either way! 

Yeah, he should just buy Mel out and then he can sign some players.

Just now, Chester40 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiments..agreed no one knows, my issue was more that your original post seemed a little irked or incredulous that anyone could think otherwise, whereas I think it's pretty reasonable. 

Not really. I get it completely those sentiments, my point was more (in my opinion) there is signs of improvement but some are so entrenched in the Rooney out position to acknowledge.  Clearly in the eyes of those people he’s got a lot more to do to win them over, he’s not won me over by a long stretch but we’re stuck with him, we have much bigger issues as a club which he’s handling brilliantly and he’s trying his best in an almost impossible situation so he’s got my backing - for now. Let’s see in 10 games because to be honest we might as well give him that long as if nothing changes off the field we’re probably done anyway.

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Oh.. You got me. 

No, they were in the third tier. But you comparing them to Norwich playing Liverpool works well. 

It’s exactly the same, we have drawn one league game and lost one league game this season. The end of last season is irrelevant. 
sitting quite pretty on the same points as Sheffield United and 1 win off top.  Don’t know what the panic is about. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

One win in 18…. Give me a break…are you also saying that premier leagues Norwich City have only lost 3 in the last 18….so they can’t possibly be thinking they might go down can they….???

Are you disputing that we have won 1 league game in 18?

1 hour ago, Monty said:

example without wishing to sound like a football manager geek (I don’t play it) having looked at the post game analyses we have had the same formation in our three games against sides playing three different formations - is this good management or not being adaptable 

Rooney attempted the adaptable approach last season, different formation every game. It does not work.