Please sack them NOW

Archied

6 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I honestly think Bielsa could get this lot mid table at least. 

Yes this lies in Mel's hands. This squad is bad but not as bad as they're performing. As I keep saying... 1 win in 20!

as i have said many times, look what he has done to Kalvin Phillips. average championship player couple of years ago, now staring for England at a European Championship. Amazing what a good manager can do.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

as i have said many times, look what he has done to Kalvin Phillips. average championship player couple of years ago, now staring for England at a European Championship. Amazing what a good manager can do.

You're not wrong, but the player does have to have that potential in the first place.

17 hours ago, Anon said:

We may as well. I can't think of anyone more suited to driving the clown car we have become.

7 years now since his last job by the way. I wonder if it will ever sink in with you just how abominably bad someone has to be to be unable to find a desperate club to take a chance on them in that length of time.

When was the last time George Burley had a job? Alan curbishley? 

King Billy was a genius for us, facts don’t lie. 

16 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Almost all of our starting 11 have been playing in the Championship the last two seasons at least. The problem is the squad depth.

Our squad is bad but not as bad as some on here are saying. It's certainly better than 1 win in 20.

So Davies is now our first choice centre half and he’s been injured or in or out of the first team picture since Lampard came in. Forsyth is no where near the steady championship player he was because of injuries. Byrnes been involved in relegation battles the last two years and if he had any value in the championship i think he’d have a few more suitors knocking on the door right now. Bird has not held down his position in this squad. Kazim-Richards isn’t walking in to many sides at this level. 

There’s good players in the squad, and better than what people realise I do agree with that, but no one to compliment them and you probably need more than 4.5k a week to bring them in. We are in a market of getting anyone we can based on short term moves, it was the same in Cocu’s second season. That’s the issue rather than who the manager is. It’s very unlikely any manager could come in and change everything so much, it’s not about fresh ideas. It’s a half decent league 1 side, which might be enough with a bit of togetherness and character

9 hours ago, Coconut said:

You're not wrong, but the player does have to have that potential in the first place.

In fairness that's the one thing that I think we have in spades if the right manager can unlock it. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Buchanan, Ebosele, Knight, Bird, Sibley, Bielik (injury permitting), Watson, Jozwiak all have the potential to become substantially better players and that's without including a raft of other academy players who are just starting to look like they could reasonably contribute. We may have a bunch of aging average players in other places but I genuinely think we have a core of talented albeit unpolished players and that with the right coaching it could see our fortunes change pretty dramatically.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

In fairness that's the one thing that I think we have in spades if the right manager can unlock it. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Buchanan, Ebosele, Knight, Bird, Sibley, Bielik (injury permitting), Watson, Jozwiak all have the potential to become substantially better players and that's without including a raft of other academy players who are just starting to look like they could reasonably contribute. We may have a bunch of aging average players in other places but I genuinely think we have a core of talented albeit unpolished players and that with the right coaching it could see our fortunes change pretty dramatically.

It’s a cruel twist of fate for MM that his model of developing talent to contain costs is really bearing fruit... Just as he is about to sell

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s a cruel twist of fate for MM that his model of developing talent to contain costs is really bearing fruit... Just as he is about to sell

There's the rub though. It will only bear fruit with the right coaching and if the environment is stable enough (i.e. they aren't all getting flogged for whatever we can get)

17 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Starting line up on Saturday? Inexperienced? Only 1 player had less than 50 first first team appearances (although I could be wrong on Bird). I’d say we had more experience at Championship level and above than Peterborough! 

please please stop making pathetic excuses and show some integrity! 

What’s this crap I’m on about the squad 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

So Davies is now our first choice centre half and he’s been injured or in or out of the first team picture since Lampard came in. Forsyth is no where near the steady championship player he was because of injuries. Byrnes been involved in relegation battles the last two years and if he had any value in the championship i think he’d have a few more suitors knocking on the door right now. Bird has not held down his position in this squad. Kazim-Richards isn’t walking in to many sides at this level. 

There’s good players in the squad, and better than what people realise I do agree with that, but no one to compliment them and you probably need more than 4.5k a week to bring them in. We are in a market of getting anyone we can based on short term moves, it was the same in Cocu’s second season. That’s the issue rather than who the manager is. It’s very unlikely any manager could come in and change everything so much, it’s not about fresh ideas. It’s a half decent league 1 side, which might be enough with a bit of togetherness and character

My previous post was just disagreeing with someone saying we don't even have a Championship squad. I'm not saying they're good in any way but overall I'd still say it's a bellow average Championship team. There's no way it's a League 1 side. It was quite an even game between one of the best League 1 sides of last season in Peterborough, and that's even with (in my opinion) a poor Manager. We've had players linked with Celtic, Reading, West Brom, Forest, Galatasaray etc. So there not League 1. 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why? The players that played are the important ones in the games so far! Stop making excuses. 

We have injuries already .

We lost CKR in the game and had to bring Stretton on who did well. 

I repeat our squad is inexperienced in many areas. 

It will help when we sign Jags and Baldock or maybe you think we don’t need them !

Edited by Curtains

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

We have injuries already .

We lost CKR in the game and had to bring Stretton on who did well. 

I repeat our squad is inexperienced in many areas. 

It will help when we sign Jags and Baldock or maybe you think we don’t need them !

And when we are still rubbish? What excuse will you use?

19 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

New season, new start

Ehh sort of, I think under normal circumstances he would get a lot shorter rope than normal given the almost disastrous end to last season and the otherwise mediocrity. For what it's worth the game against Peterborough didn't change my mind either way; I don't think he should be in post but I'm trying to keep an open mind given that he just isn't going to be sacked.

There have been some positive signs in my book in the pre-season and the first few games; I like that we are making more of an effort to control games, I think tactically there is some merit in how we are trying to set up (even if its currently floundering and I'm doubtful of personnel in places) and I like how we seem to be trying to introduce more techincal players. It's more positive than what I felt last season about Rooney.

However I think even this season (including pre-season) there have been a fair few questions that could be raised against the current management team.

• We heavily focused on training and given pre-season game time to a raft of free agents and to an extent I think this is a decision that looks like it's backfired. That time could have been used to help develop a few of the academy players that we are going to have to call upon into players that can be called upon.
  • There has been a heavy emphasis on building around Lawrence that whilst I somewhat get why is probably being done to an unecessary degree and I'm not convinced Lawrence has really showed previously that he can carry this. That is something that could still prove to pan out but I'm not convinced.
  • To a large degree we still setup with the idea of keeping things tight initially, only looking to open a little in the latter stages of the game and playing to not lose first as opposed to playing to win. I think we see this in terms of selection, in terms of tactics and in terms of formation. Personally I think this kind of thinking is a little suspect and leads to the wrong mentality amongst the players especially given that defence is not even close to being watertight. You could argue that we should do this because the defence is weak but I think this is a flawed idea motivated by fear that just ends up leading to a lot of narrow losses and low scoring draws. This I feel is especially true given that I think no matter what we do we cannot get to a place were we will be absolutely rock solid and ultimately are likely to crack under pressure if we invite it. Mathematically speaking to a large extent its better to risk letting a few of them draws become losses if you can trade a few others for wins and narrow loss is just the same amount of points as a heavy one.
  • It feels like beating a dead horse at this point but the lack of faith in Sibley is honestly just plain weird and I think it's connected to a couple points I've mentioned (along with a couple others you could probably argue) that all form a picture of the management team being very risk averse when it comes to match day. This was a major issue last season and seems to be rumbling into this one.

With all that said none of the above or the games so far would be enough to call for a managers head. I'm more just pointing out that even if you consider the season in a vacuum (which I don't think is entirely reasonable) there are concerns to be had. None of this matters though because if he was going to get sacked under MM it'd have happened months ago.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We won’t be rubbish. 

Blimey you are really down on the Manager and Team 

I’m being realistic. There comes a time you have to realise when you’re flogging a dead horse. A dead horse won’t run. 

CKR wasn’t going to score goals. He was ineffective against newly promoted Peterborough, who conceded 4 against Plymouth a few days earlier! 

It matters not who we bring in to replace CKR, so pinning hopes on Baldock is foolish! We simply aren’t dynamic, penetrative, positive or organised enough for it to matter who is up front! 

at the start of this thread, I was in the “don’t sack them” mindset. 

YOU have insulted my intelligence and offended me with your delusionally pathetic excuse making and have actually turned me to the “get rid” side. A bit like a politician who spins nonsense, you’ve turned me against my own original stance. 

Now, I know you’re a decent human being, you love the Rams and want success. I admire aspects of your support. Sometimes denial makes situations worse though, and I’m now of that mindset. 

You are effectively pissing in my pocket but telling me that it is raining! 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m being realistic. There comes a time you have to realise when you’re flogging a dead horse. A dead horse won’t run. 

CKR wasn’t going to score goals. He was ineffective against newly promoted Peterborough, who conceded 4 against Plymouth a few days earlier! 

It matters not who we bring in to replace CKR, so pinning hopes on Baldock is foolish! We simply aren’t dynamic, penetrative, positive or organised enough for it to matter who is up front! 

at the start of this thread, I was in the “don’t sack them” mindset. 

YOU have insulted my intelligence and offended me with your delusionally pathetic excuse making and have actually turned me to the “get rid” side. A bit like a politician who spins nonsense, you’ve turned me against my own original stance. 

Now, I know you’re a decent human being, you love the Rams and want success. I admire aspects of your support. Sometimes denial makes situations worse though, and I’m now of that mindset. 

You are effectively pissing in my pocket but telling me that it is raining! 

Don’t blame me.  I don’t run the club or pick the team or sign the players. I prefer to be on the optimistic side.  Very fickle changing your mind because of me. 

I can scarcely believe it 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Don’t blame me.  I don’t run the club or pick the team or sign the players. I prefer to be on the optimistic side.  Very fickle changing your mind because of me. 

I can scarcely believe it 

I’ve had to dissect it, where before i was pleading ignorance! ?