v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

You see I'd be thinking if we want festy to be playing a part I'd reverse it and put him on for the last 30 minutes once Sibley has stretched them out and they're tired. Festy is more of an impact player in terms of raw speed and power than Sibley is for me. 

I think there’s an argument for either way round … but totally see what ur saying .. speed against tired legs etc etc 

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’m just not a fan of the Shinnie/Bird midfield, otherwise I don’t mind it. I can see the 3 behind CKR being rotated a fair amount throughout the season. It’s just about the only thing we can change up to be honest.

Me neither but bar drop Morrison in there isn’t a lot else 

not unless that becomes a 3 with perhaps bird at the base of it with shinnie and Morrison either side with licence to push a little 

Edited by NottsRam77

I think Festy deserves his start after Tuesday. My only concern is the role he played as a full back was basically as the winger pushed up high and wide. The role he’ll be playing today will be one where Byrne does that and he drops inside into pockets. Not sure that’s his game.

1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I think Festy deserves his start after Tuesday. My only concern is the role he played as a full back was basically as the winger pushed up high and wide. The role he’ll be playing today will be one where Byrne does that and he drops inside into pockets. Not sure that’s his game.

...or we're playing Byrne in front of him, as we did last time they were both on the pitch together.

Probably not though.

Edited by Coconut

1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

He’s played all sorts of different roles for the U 23. Let’s see. He deserves a start for sure. 

Was there in Jan 1973 for a 1-0 DCFC win in FAC R3 (Davies) we made hard work of it. I remember their mascot an old guy wearing his top hat insisted on parading up and down in front of the Derby fans and came in for some serious stick! 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He's mad as a cat in a box but I can't help but like the guy. Says what he means, means what he says. World's away from the hollow, media savvy soundbites favoured by most younger gaffers. He can be daft at times and wilfully one-eyed at others, but there's no doubting his passion and his record speaks for itself. 

Slight tangent, but I do sometimes wonder what he might have done with our lot as I'm pretty sure he's been in the frame on a couple of occasions. Can't imagine Colin favours new-fangled rubbish like zonal-marking. Not as sexy as a Lampard or a Rooney type of appointment I grant you, but given a couple of seasons here, I fancy he'd have had some success.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

As expected really apart from Festy who deserves a chance after his performance the other night. 

Shinnie Bird hasn’t really clicked yet, Pushing Bird a bit further forward might help the balance, but I doubt this will happen.

Bird need options ahead of him, we need people ahead of him that are prepared to go past that front lone striker and stretch them 

otherwise we .. and bird become all too predictable 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Slight tangent, but I do sometimes wonder what he might have done with our lot as I'm pretty sure he's been in the frame on a couple of occasions. Can't imagine Colin favours new-fangled rubbish like zonal-marking. Not as sexy as a Lampard or a Rooney type of appointment I grant you, but given a couple of seasons here, I fancy he'd have had some success.

Yeah, me too. I’m sure he’d have got us up.