v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Went out last night and I’m operating on less than three hours of sleep. Early kick offs are a killer.

I’ll be passing through platform 13 0830 so if you get down to end of platform 9 wave your scarf/flag and I’ll whistle up. Don’t wave that stuff you drink though, I’ll just ignore you 

19 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’ll be passing through platform 13 0830 so if you get down to end of platform 9 wave your scarf/flag and I’ll whistle up. Don’t wave that stuff you drink though, I’ll just ignore you 

Only just seen this. I’m on platform 13 now with a can of Stella. Assume I’ve missed you.

11 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

Interesting to get the opposition manager's take on the game & how a lack of options narrows the threat we can offer, i.e. strikers, or they may target our veteran back line.

He’s talking to his players - and ours. In his dreams.  
We offer a completely different threat in the form of each of CKR, Ebosele (when he comes on) and Sibley. We’ll flatten them 

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We offer a completely different threat in the form of each of CKR, Ebosele (when he comes on) and Sibley. We’ll flatten them 

We'll see, but that's the sort of complacency which has seen us gain 4W in 15 at promoted sides. Sure, we'll just turn up and win because we have better players.  We were the lowest scorers on the road last season along with Forest, 16 in 23. 

I said I'm open-minded, it's a game for the taking for both sides, both know they feature as the bookies favourites for relegation. If we win, it puts serious pressure on Peterborough due to their next three opponents at home. They may be more pragmatic than usual. In a competitive game, a draw is possible. One thing in our favour is that the mindset at the club has to change, or has changed. We now know that we are in a battle from the off. Last season, we got dragged into one. 

All our rivals know we lack (experienced) options from the bench, proven game changers. That may cost us in the long run. 

The manager has echoes of Nigel Clough, he knows he needs/wants players with character.  I think we can forgive the team a lot if they at least make an effort.

36 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

if we didn't really look like scoring against Huddersfield (one of the favourites for relegation) not sure what makes you think we'll flatten Peterborough? The issue is we don't have that many options going forward and Ferguson is correct, it will make it easier for manager's to plan for us in the long run. Maybe not right now but in 15-20 games if we don't add bodies and/or different tactics to the mix it will come back and hurt us. 

They did get battered by Luton but this will be their first game back at their ground at this level so they'll be really up for it. They might be quite pragmatic, sit deep, contain us and counter against our ageing backline in an attempt to expose the lack of pace. It'll be interesting to see what happens as just like against Huddersfield this is against one of the weaker teams in the division so will give us an early sense of where we could potentially be. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

if we didn't really look like scoring against Huddersfield (one of the favourites for relegation) not sure what makes you think we'll flatten Peterborough? The issue is we don't have that many options going forward and Ferguson is correct, it will make it easier for manager's to plan for us in the long run. Maybe not right now but in 15-20 games if we don't add bodies and different tactics to the mix it will come back and hurt us. 

They did get battered by Luton but this will be there first game back at their ground at this level so they'll be really up for it. They might be quite pragmatic, sit deep, contain us and counter against our ageing backline in an attempt to expose the lack of pace. It'll be interesting to see what happens as just like against Huddersfield this is against one of the weaker teams in the division so will give us an early sense of where we could potentially be. 

We have got to get some points in the bag before more difficult games ahead ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

We have got to get some points in the bag before more difficult games ahead ?

Yeah, I think this could be an issue further down the road that we don't even see coming. I could see us winning today, getting a point against Hull and maybe losing to boro but beating forest ensuring a good start (8 points from 5 games if my early morning maths is right). But we would have played some of the weakest sides in the division and then having a horror september to follow it up on pretty much. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yeah, I think this could be an issue further down the road that we don't even see coming. I could see us winning today, getting a point against Hull and maybe losing to boro but beating forest ensuring a good start (8 points from 5 games if my early morning maths is right). But we would have played some of the weakest sides in the division and then having a horror september to follow it up on pretty much. 

Unless of course Mel does his stuff and we get more players in! #COYR

14 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not exactly ‘must win’ but not too far off it ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Not exactly ‘must win’ but not too far off it ?

Yeah, this really is a game we should be getting something out of. My gut tells me the back 2 of davies and stearman will get caught out today as we got quite lucky with Huddersfield missing a couple and Roos doing a really good job. But I'm hoping my gut is wrong as it often is and we can go get a much needed victory.