James Garner - joined Forest on-loan

JfR

4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Seems a very strange thing to do (mention another clubs player by name, publicly)

Rooney must be extremely confident of getting this done, otherwise he’s going to look a right tit. 

I know, can you imagine Rooney getting himself into a situation where he looks a bit silly?

2 hours ago, Nookiebear1 said:

Aluko signed for Ipswich too. I cant see us getting Garner when league one teams are trumping our offers?

Not all loans have their wages paid by the loaning club, would imagine if we could offer a club assurances over playing time they would be more lenient on wages/fees. Double edged sword though

4 hours ago, Nookiebear1 said:

12 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

But we don't need Gregory when we have CKR. We need a striker like Baldock who can run in behind. If we don't play Jozwiak opposition CBs can play past the half way line.

Completely agree, although a striker like Baldock who runs in behind and stretches the pitch would only be useful if played in a pair up top.

We’ve not played this system so can see Baldock just getting stick if played as a loan striker and is asked to do what CKR or Gregory would do.

Don’t think we have enough goals in the side and surprised we never tried 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 in pre-season.

All the best

Gangway D from the terrace

Edited by GangwayD

11 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Completely agree, although a striker like Baldock who runs in behind and stretches the pitch would only be useful if played in a pair up top.

We’ve not played this system so can see Baldock just getting stick if played as a loan striker and is asked to do what CKR or Gregory would do.

Don’t think we have enough goals in the side and surprised we never tried 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 in pre-season.

All the best

Gangway D from the terrace

Did we not play Gregory in a 2 up with CKR and then he got injured, would give us another option along with Stretton if we wanted a 2 up top.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Bob Gnarly said:

Not overly fussed about this one. Midfield is probably our most stacked position.

I haven't seen that much of him, but isn't he more of a central midfielder? We've got much less competition there - he'd be competing with Bird, Shinnie and then the likes of Watson/Hutchinson for 2 places in the team.

47 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I haven't seen that much of him, but isn't he more of a central midfielder? We've got much less competition there - he'd be competing with Bird, Shinnie and then the likes of Watson/Hutchinson for 2 places in the team.

With Knight and Bielik back before Xmas. 

On 06/08/2021 at 18:53, KBB said:

Did very well at forest. Highly regarded at utd. Probably about 10 clubs at this level in for him. Doubt very much we can get him but maybe rooney is calling in a favour. Hope so.

Win the next two games and it may look slightly more interesting to him. 

45 minutes ago, sage said:

With Knight and Bielik back before Xmas. 

We’re stuck with 6 month loans anyway at the moment, so he’d be potentially going back when Bielik gets fit anyway. And I’m not entirely sure exactly where Knight fits in this team, but I suspect it’s in the attacking 3 rather than the central 2.