James Garner - joined Forest on-loan

JfR

13 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

We’re stuck with 6 month loans anyway at the moment, so he’d be potentially going back when Bielik gets fit anyway. And I’m not entirely sure exactly where Knight fits in this team, but I suspect it’s in the attacking 3 rather than the central 2.

The bench preferably! a willing runner but too little end product for my liking.I want so much to be proven wrong about him but the potential is there.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Being a Forest fan . The ' Derby tried everything' bit wouldn't fit his narrative at all.  Has to be true 

Beating a club under embargo to a signing is about as exciting as it will get for Forest this season so trying to make themselves feel better.

Given our position Garner wasn’t realistic. Im actually quite pleased in a way because he potentially gets in the way of Bird, Knight and Watson who should be our priority. 

Garner is the sort of signing you make if you’re going for promotion. We are clearly not in the place right now. Forest aren’t either which makes it questionable for them to sink a big loan fee and wages into this, although they’re probably deluded enough to think they can. 

On 21/08/2021 at 08:43, BramcoteRam84 said:

Beating a club under embargo to a signing is about as exciting as it will get for Forest this season so trying to make themselves feel better.

Given our position Garner wasn’t realistic. Im actually quite pleased in a way because he potentially gets in the way of Bird, Knight and Watson who should be our priority. 

Garner is the sort of signing you make if you’re going for promotion. We are clearly not in the place right now. Forest aren’t either which makes it questionable for them to sink a big loan fee and wages into this, although they’re probably deluded enough to think they can. 

Already ten points adrift of top two so play offs at best. Hopefully thirteen points adrift and eight adrift of us next Saturday. 

Garner looked good against us last season, but this is (again) a player in a position where we have plenty of cover. I'd like to see us be a bit more pragmatic with the players we need. I doubt we have a surplus of funds, even if we get out of the embargo, so we should really focus on defense, attacking midfielders (wide) and a striker. 

A player like Garner, as accomplished as he may be, would be an expense to come in and compete with Shinnie, Knight, Bielik (when fit), Bird and Watson. I'm not even saying he's not as good as them, just that we have far more pressing issues before we try and strengthen an area that should be last on our list. 

No doubt we went in for him, but not upset it didn't come off.