v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

8 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Seems a bit of a knee jerk reaction to write off Joz after one game of a season, especially considering he hasn’t had a full pre season. 

I feel it is fair to judge after 10/15 games when he has reached full fitness.

Yep, you’re right. He fought quite hard, didn’t get a lot of ball, not much bounced for him. I’d like to think it was one of those games that all players have … just “ok” It gets an over reaction because we know he can run and skin his full back and always Hope for a special moment. 

9 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

i would rather have our attackers and midfielders from today than Huddersfield's. 

I’d take Thomas he was very decent and his delivery from set plays was great. I wish we had a Campbell to come off the bench. Like has been said we need an alternative for CKR. 

Disappointing to concede the goal, terrible game management. 43rd min and a throw in near their corner flag and what do we do, play backwards, Roos plays a terrible ball, concede a FK and boom 1-1 at HT. 

Overall a decent start and better than most would have thought. Replace Bird with Morrison and we might look a little more progressive from midfield.  

52 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Need Morrison in for max bird. Decent point to start the season but nobody showing in midfield to give the defenders an outball again. Tom Lawrence having to drop to the defensive midfield position to do max birds job. Cant fault the effort from the team though. Sibley and festys desire to win the ball was good to see. Just lacking in quality all over the pitch, hopefully Morrison can provide a bit of that. 

Regardless of anything I think we play Bird too deep. Rooney played deep with him in a 2 (which I think makes us too careful)  he undoubtedly coached him, and brought up a notch in all round play but he isn’t a natural DM 

Draw isn't a bad result and I can't really fault the effort of the players but I thought we were seriously lacking quality in midfield and we will be in a relegation battle again if we don't improve the side or Morrison doesn't have a big impact. 

I thought Bird was poor, don't think he made a tackle all game and didn't turn with the ball or take any risks he simply played it back to where it came from which alongside Shinnie's average ball skills means we aren't going to create alot. Thought Davies looked decent but Stearman although brave and no nonsense, lacks pace and a few times he tried to press the attacker and was too slow and just pulled himself out of position. 

I also thought Byrne was very poor defensively. Kazim led the line well as per usual we just need more quality around him. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

That Sorba Thomas the young lad they signed from non league was absolutely brilliant 

It will be interesting to see if he has just played the best game he will play all season, or whether that is his natural level.

If it's his natural level he will be playing PL football next season. Or maybe he just did a Tom Lawrence (ironically against Huddersfield on the opening day) where he played so good but couldnt match those levels again.

5 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

When was the last time we won  a championship match.? We have our troubles but a win would be a boost all around.  Just can’t see it happening under Rooney as he doesn’t have the textual or managerial nous to affect games.

When you go to work on Monday & your boss says to you sorry strawHillRam but you can’t have that tool that you need  to do your job properly we’ve got a couple of alternatives have a look at them but don’t buy it yet because we don’t know if we can afford them yet. But boss iv’e got to get the job done by Saturday?  well use what you’ve got we’re see what we can do. I’m not saying that Wayne is the answer but other than when Nigel came in  I think he’s got the hardest job in the championship at the moment he has no help what’s so ever working with a chairman that wants nothing to do with the club he can’t even tell the players how much they will get a week. Every manager since Nigel has had a budget to work with that’s all gone with any luck he can use his connections to get some young prospects through the door & bring on our own young players who knows he might even make a success of it

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Yep, you’re right. He fought quite hard, didn’t get a lot of ball, not much bounced for him. I’d like to think it was one of those games that all players have … just “ok” It gets an over reaction because we know he can run and skin his full back and always Hope for a special moment. 

Thought that was similar for all of them today. We fought really well but didn't quite get the run, nor the freekicks - did they leave a foot in on every tackle?

18 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Seems a bit of a knee jerk reaction to write off Joz after one game of a season, especially considering he hasn’t had a full pre season. 

I feel it is fair to judge after 10/15 games when he has reached full fitness.

He was poor today and fitness shouldn't be a issue seeing as he was ar the euros, let's hope we see something more in the next few months we can't be carrying players this season. 

OK performance from everyone considering as Curtis has just said they had no time to work on defending or attacking set plays or team shape. 

Morrison will help and if we can get in more then we will have a decent side. In fact Huddersfield commentary team said Derby are far better than many are trying to make them out to be. 

One thing I am struck by is just how static our front four is. Jozwiak, Lawrence, Watson and Kazim-Richards, none of them ran in beyond the defence. They all came towards the ball and that's really easy to play against. When Sibley came on the first thing he did was run in beyond the defence and we looked so much more threatening for it. 

Away from that I thought Fozzy was our best player and Davies did well. Hoping we can get another CB in or Cashin can step up as Stearman looked absolutely petrified anytime he had the ball at his feet.