The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Anyone having a go at David about attending this meeting is a disgrace.

However, anyone slqggjng him off about his dress sense, cooking, tattoos, quiz ability, electric scooter skils and choosing to love in Grimsby is spot on.

How’s life by the Trent this morning. Any silver wood protests?

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bad recruitment

This could fall under the manager, recruitment or even Mel.

• 15/16, Pearce/Shackell - Signed both at the same time (4 and 3 year deals respectively), only for Shackell to play in the first season and Pearce to play in the second, with minimal involvement in the other seasons. Why didn't we sign just 1 of them, with Rawson in reserve?
  • 15/16, Olsson - Warnock and Forsyth already at the club with Lowe on the fringes
  • 15/16, Blackman/Camara - We already had Ince, Russell and Weimann, with Bennett on the fringes
  • 16/17, Anya - We already had Ince, Russell, Weimann, Blackman and Camara on the wings. One of the most pointless signings of all time.
  • 18/19, Malone/Cole - Forsyth and Lowe. We also had McDonald on the fringes.
  • 18/19, Jozefzoon - With Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn and Bennett already as options, we should have given minutes to LThomas, McAllister or JML
  • 19/20, Hamer/Dowell/Paterson - all pointless loans

shocking. how much in fees and wages are they there! 

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My little input regarding the academy involvement.

• When Mel took over, he started investing heavily in the academy, which he knew would take a number of years to bear fruit.
  • Investment went into the first team in his 2nd season, which theoretically wouldn't impact the long term prospects of the academy.
  • Involvement of fringe academy players was reduced under certain managers (Pearson, Rowett). I believe Mel has previously suggested he was misled during the interview process
  • Academy products were involved a lot last season, but Buchanan and Sibley in particular should have been used a lot more than they were

Minutes given to academy graduates in the league

image.thumb.png.7ff6e4b661af79ad14a9a24d6482162a.png

Bad recruitment

This could fall under the manager, recruitment or even Mel.

• 15/16, Pearce/Shackell - Signed both at the same time (4 and 3 year deals respectively), only for Shackell to play in the first season and Pearce to play in the second, with minimal involvement in the other seasons. Why didn't we sign just 1 of them, with Rawson in reserve?
  • 15/16, Olsson - Warnock and Forsyth already at the club with Lowe on the fringes
  • 15/16, Blackman/Camara - We already had Ince, Russell and Weimann, with Bennett on the fringes
  • 16/17, Anya - We already had Ince, Russell, Weimann, Blackman and Camara on the wings. One of the most pointless signings of all time.
  • 18/19, Malone/Cole - Forsyth and Lowe. We also had McDonald on the fringes.
  • 18/19, Jozefzoon - With Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn and Bennett already as options, we should have given minutes to LThomas, McAllister or JML
  • 19/20, Hamer/Dowell/Paterson - all pointless loans

Great roundup of the situation. But looking at that I can't really such much quality in terms of 'should' be playing at this level / playing more for us.

For example you say Luke Thomas, McAllister and JML should have had more minutes in 2018/19... well they've not exactly done much for anyone since. That being said though, the signing of Jozefzoon as an alternative is beyond bad recruitment.

We've had the perfect storm of academy players being good at academy level but not good enough to step up and awful recruitment for years.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If potential buyers walk away then it becomes more likely I would suspect 

Not necessarily. Wages under control and increased revenues as we come out of the pandemic, no reason we can’t be break even. We won’t go anywhere as he won’t put anymore money in. If he did walk away then he would be hands down the worst owner in our history and on a par with the Oystons. But I think we are still some way away from that and anyone saying otherwise is just speculating.

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Has anyone actually spoken to / heard from David this morning? Is he ok from last nights torrent on his Twitter feed?

I would imagine that knowing that his report will receive a lot of attention and comment that he’s being very careful in constructing it, not only to reflect accurately what was said and the tone and context of what was said, but also to summon up the strength to deal with the inevitable underwear wetting. Neither will be easy.

I would suggest, more in hope than expectation, that we all bear in mind when commenting on his comments that we appreciate the possible impact on the guy himself. It will take a monumental effort just to respond to questions seeking clarity. 

2 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I would imagine that knowing that his report will receive a lot of attention and comment that he’s being very careful in constructing it, not only to reflect accurately what was said and the tone and context of what was said, but also to summon up the strength to deal with the inevitable underwear wetting. Neither will be easy.

I would suggest, more in hope than expectation, that we all bear in mind when commenting on his comments that we appreciate the possible impact on the guy himself. It will take a monumental effort just to respond to questions seeking clarity. 

I think the guy on RD this morning said it was decided at the end of the meeting what could and couldn't be shared.. I'd imagine that leaves David in a bit of a predicament to be honest if he hasn't got the full debrief of that..

1 hour ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I don’t like to criticise, but I don’t think the Punjabi Rams have helped here, I understand why they wanted to get ‘something’ out there quickly, people were almost begging for information, but tweets with limited information wasn’t the best way to do it. There’s no context, no explanation as to when, or why, something was said. Was it in answer to something? Was it a tiny comment amongst a longer statement?

Look at the storm it has apparently caused, that comment on no transfers, people read into it what they want, and now we hear that it’s causing problems with the staff and players, when it’s one interpretation of one comment amongst a 4 hour meeting, by one person.

I completely understand why @David wants to get everything out in one post, when he’s had the chance to get it all down. This is what happens if you get out of context snippets.

Totally agree with this, and the guy who does the administration at Punjabi Rams is always very balanced. I do recall something similar happening at a previous SC meeting, though, where the guy he'd actually sent to the meeting took a rather negative slant on things.

It's the same on here, people reading (or mis-reading, or missing bits altogether) and then repeating stuff as if it 's fact. 

I hope David doesn't read anything anyone else has written before he writes his down. Less chance for contagion!