Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

Always support the lads. To me it won’t be pointless I want to vent my anger at the twit 

He hasn’t made these current decisions - the EFL said how many and how much - those unemployed ex footballers continue to be unemployed until somebody signs them and good luck to them - at least they wanted to play for us.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

To be honest so would I - I would have liked Jagielka as well 

Agreed. Jagielka is the one out of the trialists that I thought we really should try and pick up off the back of his games in the preseason. He looked sharp and still had some legs to him. Think he will be a decent pick up for a lot of clubs at this level for a season.

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Utterly pointless exercise - he wants to sell - someone needs to actually buy ( and hopefully it’s an improvement) 

support the lads wearing the Derby county Shirts 

Yes everybody is aware of MM wanting to sell,maybe it's how he wants to sell,as the club stands with all the debts etc., and prospective buyers saying you sort all the mess out then we will buy

I am of the view that if people want to vent at Morris, let them. Don’t disturb the players pre-match, or during the match, but afterwards if they want to legally and peacefully (albeit noisily) protest then that is fine. Not sure there is any value in it personally, but we live in a free Country thankfully. I certainly think we should also send in a negotiator to see if we can free our beloved forum leader from his apparent incarceration.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Utterly pointless exercise - he wants to sell - someone needs to actually buy ( and hopefully it’s an improvement) 

support the lads wearing the Derby county Shirts 

I’m usually in this camp (don’t protest unless it’s necessary) and have been until yesterday. And you’re right, protesting does seem pointless as Mel is openly trying to get out.

However, I still think protesting has a purpose in this instance. Mel worries that protests could potentially “put off” investors and those groups attempting to takeover the club. On the flip side, it also shows any potential new owners that the fans care about the club and won’t just accept it being run in a bad way. Just a thought…

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Agreed. Jagielka is the one out of the trialists that I thought we really should try and pick up off the back of his games in the preseason. He looked sharp and still had some legs to him. Think he will be a decent pick up for a lot of clubs at this level for a season.

Yep. He will go somewhere else at this level and be great.

2 minutes ago, KBB said:

Not really worried about Aluko and Baldock not signing. The loan market might see us get 2 in at a later point who would be comparable to them.

Aluko I think would have been an ok option to give something different and a bit of competition. 

Baldock I never really saw the point of.

35 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I’ll sign for 234k a year. Wages at the top of the game have distorted our opinion about what is a fair wage. I understand it’s market forces, short career etc, but FFS it’s decent money for kicking a football about 1-2 twice a week.

And its probably the real wage level that The Championship can sustain given the income available to clubs. That is a MD's salary in medium sized, reasonably profitable company. 

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

what's the point in having an academy if the players are mothballed as opposed to bringing them through?

Some will sink, others will swim.

I would think the point of an academy is to try and develop young players and ideally thread an identity of play throughout the club. But, launching untried and unready academy players into championship football should not be the point of the academy... I would imagine academies should supplement the squad that has more experience and players in their prime running through it. 

Edited by Leeds Ram
mistake made

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I’m usually in this camp (don’t protest unless it’s necessary) and have been until yesterday. And you’re right, protesting does seem pointless as Mel is openly trying to get out.

However, I still think protesting has a purpose in this instance. Mel worries that protests could potentially “put off” investors and those groups attempting to takeover the club. On the flip side, it also shows any potential new owners that the fans care about the club and won’t just accept it being run in a bad way. Just a thought…

Potentially "put off" new investors etc. is just a smokescreen. MM in all his vanity won't be able to stand to hear fans protesting against him,his comment if fans start chanting "Mel out" he might just walk  says it all.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

He can go. Bang average. Many mistakes last season and in the euros.

Roos is certainly no worse. I'd argue he's better.

"But he doesn't play for Scotland" I hear people say. Yes, because he's Dutch.

Mistakes in the Euros? I specifically watched his every move...not one single mistake in the 3 games...and the only goalkeeper to prevent England from scoring.