Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

Allsop and Stearman safe choices, and both are looking sensibly at the slightly longer term.

Allsop will be on less than the other keepers, so when one leaves that will save £5k+

Stearman is the most likely defender to be available all throughout the season.

They know more than us, so have to assume there is logic, but definitely 3 of the players you expect would sign for sub £4,500pw.

Maybe Jagielka, Carroll, Morrison/Aluko to replace Buchanan, Knight and Lawrence next week when we can offer slightly more incentive.

Reasonable fees incoming, £30k+ drop in wages so maybe we can pay something off and get more wiggle room in terms of what we can offer.

People need to realise this isnt a choie of Stearman over Jagielka, a 3rd keeper over a striker etc - it will be we have signed the only free agents willing to accept 4.5k or lower.

Hopefully we have paid HMRC so it's a case of waiting for the EFL to remove that embargo, once they do we can sign all the other triallists on wages up to 11.5k. So it is now down to whether we have paid & just waiting for HMRC to process/confirm so the EFL remove the embargo, if that is the case the triallists may be happy to wait a little longer. If we haven't paid then I don't see them hanging around for much longer.

Edited by DCFC1388

13 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Livid. Rams fans it’s time to protest 

Tbh I’m not sure why everyone keeps saying protest - Mel has made it clear he’s trying to leave and has been for two years. I’d get a protest if we had a Chairman who wasn’t  budging but he’s clearly trying to get out - so what will a protest actually achieve? 

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

Yes but we already have Cashin so we can still give him a shot?

You need more than two centrebacks. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We'll need more than two CBs ?

Let me rephrase then, I'd rather give Cashin, Solomon and any other promising academy lad a shot before playing Stearman and I'd rather play Forsyth. 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Probably because all the decent triallists will want more than 4.5k a week so we have signed the only one's willing to accept that type of wage.

It's just utterly depressing seeing what an absolute clown show we've become. 

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

People need to realise this isnt a choie of Stearman over Jagielka, a 3rd keeper over a striker etc - it will be we have signed the only free agents willing to accept 4.5k or lower.

There are more than 9 players out of contract in world football. It is not a direct choice like you say, but you have to question the strategy of even looking at a keeper when we should have been working on centre backs and strikers. 

What was the point in looking at a load of players if we weren't allowed to offer them the wages they want? It's simply bad management of a football club. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Even you can't think Davies, Cashin, JBrown and Solomon is enough for a whole season?

Of course but I also don't think Stearman materially changes that equation. Especially as we still have time on the clock to make signings right ? Just not for tomorrow ?

11 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Tbh I’m not sure why everyone keeps saying protest - Mel has made it clear he’s trying to leave and has been for two years. I’d get a protest if we had a Chairman who wasn’t  budging but he’s clearly trying to get out - so what will a protest actually achieve? 

I don't see the point in protesting agree with you there, but i do see the point in letting him know exactly what we think of this tbh. I don't think letting him know how we feel is the same as a protest which as you say is pointless seen as he wants out. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

2 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Looking at Morrison’s Instagram I reckon something big has happened. Rooney gone ?

I really hope he does, he will have the balls to come out and tell us exactly what is going on at the club.

I'm sick of Mel hiding behind NDAs and legal teams, Rooney won't care about that.

Stevie Mac 1, Pearson, Clement, Stevie Mac 2, Rowett, Cocu and soon to be Rooney.