Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

Just now, Ramos said:

Tbh I’m not sure why everyone keeps saying protest - Mel has made it clear he’s trying to leave and has been for two years. I’d get a protest if we had a Chairman who wasn’t  budging but he’s clearly trying to get out - so what will a protest actually achieve? 

What I don't understand is why we are going into a new season in an even worse state than we finished last season.

After that game against Sheffield Wednesday, Rooney made it very clear that the off the field issues needed to be sorted immediately. They haven't. Why?

Then the club put out that message 'from the top' talking all that BS about how they were going to communicate with the fans and restore our pride. Did they just forget they said that or what?

It's a complete shambles. What exactly needs to be done to resolve this situation? Can anyone answer those questions?

As @DCFC1388says, these three are probably the only ones who will accept the terms on offer. Two centre halves signed (if we get them registered) We can compete in the first game as while the others are nice to haves we have enough. Sibley will get to play 10 which everyone has been banging on about. Can’t work out Allsop unless we’re getting rid of Roos or Marshall.

Hope we can sign some of the others later in the window. Reckon Carroll and Jags will go elsewhere.

I am lost for words. The club is treading water with a backpack full of lead weights. I honestly now have already come to the realisation that this is a relegation season and I just hope that the club can undergo a hard reset and set itself up for the next 10 years.

I think we need to understand and embrace that the last hour or so in the clubs history is not and will never be Derby reaching rock bottom. There is worse to come. We have to now as fans take this on and try and support any player pulling the shirt on.

Nothing has as I can see been confirmed by the club yet that we have signed these 3, obviously looking at Morrison’s Instagram he has left us, what odds on us not registered the 3 on time if they have signed!!!!
  Up side, the transfer window is open for a while yet, maybe we can get this sorted and bring players in.

Just now, Shuff264 said:

If we're wage limited by the EFL, then we've signed the 3 players who are willing to play for that wage.

We can want Jagielka all we want, but he wants more than we can pay

I think the point is why are we in this mess. It has nothing to do with the Players themselves, I'ts all to do with Morris and how much he has run this club into the ground. 

7 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I think the game as a whole has come to something when we are applauding a 34 year-old journeyman like Stearman for taking a £4.5k per week contract. Twenty-five years ago (ie before PL), a player of his ilk would have been choosing between Grimsby, Newport and Rochdale for £450 a week!

Stearman (33) has had 7 clubs, hardly a journeyman. 

14 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Would you take Lawrence being sold if it meant bringing in both Morrison and Aluko as surely that’d guarantee the funds to pay for them? 

Personally I would because he’s in his last year of his deal and on big money but sends a weird message selling after making him captain. 

Get more money if you sell your captain 

Marshall has got to be leaving then. I know he was effectivly dropped at the back end of last season because rooney didn't like his attitude, it'll save a few pennies on wages to.

Big love to Curtis for staying. I thi nk that's a big boost.

If we sell Lawrence to WBA, well, lets hope there's a plan for that that.