Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

20 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

How can he walk..? If he walks away he gets nothing from his investment.

He would have to fold the Company and walk away and he can't do that he would of lost too much and still owns Pride park. It's all him trying to prevent a mass of people singing sack the board. No point in doing it as he already knows no one (Or most fans don't) wants him here.

The facts are the only way he can deal with it is:

1) Pay the HMRC what it's owed.

2) Make peace with the EFL and submit accounts to the standard they require. 

3) Pay the wages until a custodian of the club has been deemed acceptable by the EFL. 

What I don't get is, if he owns the Ground and we lease it, then we have to pay a Million in Rent yet we will still never own it. Sounds like the Coventry situation to me. I did think that the council maybe able to step in as I guess there is a preservation order on the ground to the people of the city but I don't get how we would be able to lift the Charging Order on the ground and that would mean a CCJ to lift it, which means if MEL walks away a CCJ would be passed onto Mel himself correct?

Is that "million " a year rent a fact ? 

Just now, Indy said:

Sorry! I’ve somehow missed it despite spending half my waking like refreshing this forum!!

Bit of a pisser that they can afford him and I bet we couldn't - or maybe we've 'better' strikers lined up?! ? 

32 minutes ago, roboto said:

The lob from the halfway line not bad in your book then mate? Glad you ain't our goalkeeping coach! ? 

Err...with his manager and coaches on the touchline indicating the position he should take up..do you really blame him? He probably didn't even  feel comfortable there but was under the orders of the coaches...who could had any time during that game told him to adjust his position...you are actually blaming a goalkeeper for conceding the goal of the tournament! Incredible.

If the rumours are true then it’s good to see Davies sign, Steerman is a bit meh…….but might work out as cover/rotation and not sure why Allsop unless we’re losing a keeper.

I see a lot of hand wringing over losing Morrison, I’m not fussed at all and would rather see Sibley given the game time.

Morrison is a very risky option and I don’t see why we would tie up a valuable squad space and wages on a player like that when we have Sibbo and even Lawrence who can play that role.

The other one I would like to have seen sign is Jaglielka, yes he’s old but you could have rotated him and Davies to keep both fresh.

Edited by Ramarena
Forgot Jaglielka

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If I had put £200m of my own money into something and was bankrolling it to keep it afloat 2 years after I'd wanted rid of it then I'd be a bit frustrated about people protesting against me too

I think we're in a terrible situation at the moment and our owner has to take his share of responsibility - His desire to challenge the EFL, play silly buggers with financial regulations and allowing his managers such reckless spending has left us in dire straights

But a bunch of people who've never put a penny into the club protesting is a waste of everyone's time - How many of these people complained when we signed Bielik for a club record fee? No-one that I've seen - Yet that seems pretty reckless at this point

Morris has made mistakes but they were well intentioned ones and slinging mud around does no-one any good - Especially when the mud slingers contribute come across as people complaining from the high-ground of hindsight 

So what are fans who buy season tickets or pay on the day etc. goods from the clubs shop,according to you they never put a penny into the club.

26 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So what are fans who buy season tickets or pay on the day etc. goods from the clubs shop,according to you they never put a penny into the club.

Consumers - By your definition just there

Does paying a subscription to Netflix make you an owner of Netflix? Does buying a cinema ticket mean you own the cinema or the movie? Does buying an apple is Tesco give you rights to choose the way they run?

No

Might be the most unceremonious signing announcements of any football club in decades.

I mean I get why they don't want a song and dance here but I'm used the whole "HE'S ARRIVED" social media fanfare.

It's a far cry from the Jozwiak corner flag announcement which was a stone cold classic