Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

3 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Potentially "put off" new investors etc. is just a smokescreen. MM in all his vanity won't be able to stand to hear fans protesting against him,his comment if fans start chanting "Mel out" he might just walk  says it all.

In fairness to Mel, @atherstoneram, he did say that he might just join them!

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

If I had put £200m of my own money into something and was bankrolling it to keep it afloat 2 years after I'd wanted rid of it then I'd be a bit frustrated about people protesting against me too

I think we're in a terrible situation at the moment and our owner has to take his share of responsibility - His desire to challenge the EFL, play silly buggers with financial regulations and allowing his managers such reckless spending has left us in dire straights

But a bunch of people who've never put a penny into the club protesting is a waste of everyone's time - How many of these people complained when we signed Bielik for a club record fee? No-one that I've seen - Yet that seems pretty reckless at this point

Morris has made mistakes but they were well intentioned ones and slinging mud around does no-one any good - Especially when the mud slingers come across as people complaining from the high-ground of hindsight 

I respect a lot of what you've posted but there are some compelling points you've overlooked, Morris wasted £200 million quid of his own money through his own poor decisions and mismanagement.

I'm sure that he doesn't need reminding of that by supporters with the benefit of 20/20 reverse vision but still he needs to remain accountable for the situation HE has plunged the club into. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm sure that he doesn't need reminding of that by supporters with the benefit of 20/20 reverse vision but still he needs to remain accountable for the situation HE has plunged the club into. 

2 years after starting to try and sell the club he's still bankrolling us - that's a very tangible form of accountability 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But you'll remind him anyway! Of course he must realise he's fully accountable for the situation the Club is in - I'm sure he doesn't need telling ad nauseam.

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

2 years after starting to try and sell the club he's still bankrolling us - that's a very tangible form of accountability 

I don't see it that way when there's still outstanding payments he needs to make to the HMRC - he needs to honour his debts and leave the club as a going concern not as a debt riddled shell without a stadium. 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't see it that way when there's still outstanding payments he needs to make to the HMRC - he needs to honour his debts and leave the club as a going concern not as a debt riddled shell without a stadium. 

I saw someone else confirming in another thread that the debt to HMRC (according to sportscene) is tied into the submission of the new accounts - that HMRC can't work out how much we owe until the EFL sign off the accounts - it doesn't seem to be Morris refusing to pay or even not having the money 

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I saw someone else confirming in another thread that the debt to HMRC (according to sportscene) is tied into the submission of the new accounts - that HMRC can't work out how much we owe until the EFL sign off the accounts - it doesn't seem to be Morris refusing to pay or even not having the money 

Lets just sit back and see what happens when the new accounts have been submitted and signed off.

50 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I agree, Eddie, that some youngsters will sink and others will swim but it should leave us all feeling uneasy as to their treatment. Some who sink might well have become an future asset to the club if their induction into the first team had been handled sensitively and gradually. Just because you are two years into a course to become a doctor you aren't qualified to carry out an operation. I agree that players shouldn't be 'mothballed' indefinitely but their coaches should decide when they are ready.

We appear to have little choice at the moment, given the ridiculous circumstances we find ourselves in - I agree that it's far from an ideal situation.

When life deals you lemons, you either squirt them in someone's eye or make lemonade. I wonder which option we will choose.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We appear to have little choice at the moment, given the ridiculous circumstances we find ourselves in - I agree that it's far from an ideal situation.

When life deals you lemons, you either squirt them in someone's eye or make lemonade. I wonder which option we will choose.

Let's hope that there is plenty of support for these youngsters being thrown in the deep end before they are ready if they have problems. I agree with you that we have limited choice at the moment. ?

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

are they the only ones who would accept such low wages then?

Davies was already here, we already have two goalies and Stearman was bombed out as useless by the club we're playing tomorrow.  Is everyone else distinctly underwhelmed that Stearman and a goalie have taken up two of these spots.  Did we have to sign them or lose spots by playing youngsters tomorrow.    I'd ring up and ask the question - if the club had a phone . 

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Davies was already here, we already have two goalies and Stearman was bombed out as useless by the club we're playing tomorrow.  Is everyone else distinctly underwhelmed that Stearman and a goalie have taken up two of these spots.  Did we have to sign them or lose spots by playing youngsters tomorrow.    I'd ring up and ask the question - if the club had a phone . 

It's not impressive although it's good to have Davis for another year (he'd be my captain without a doubt with his experience and ability to communicate well) but another goaly and and the aging stearman?

I'd rather rely on starting each match with our own and putting up a season long fight and from what I saw against notts county it was the kids who most impressed me with their energy and passion.

Plus they they have been coached in most part by the under 23's staff.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Davies was a free agent. As for goalies, Roos starts tomorrow with Allsop on the bench. As for Stearman he's got a decent career and if you rate their opinion better than ours just think they've got Holmes! ?