Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I thought you were a newbie! But you are an oldie!  You post on average about 7 times a year...70 times a decade. Least you save up the good stuff, you don't scattergun rubbish all day like me ??

You know what they say… quality over…

55 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Consumers - By your definition just there

Does paying a subscription to Netflix make you an owner of Netflix? Does buying a cinema ticket mean you own the cinema or the movie? Does buying an apple is Tesco give you rights to choose the way they run?

No

Being a fan or supporter is about more than just buying a ticket, I wouldn’t drive half way across the country on a wet Tuesday night in February to go to Tesco express .

While todays signings are underwhelming it will get us through tomorrows game and at least we will have recognised CB's. It is obvious the low wages were a factor so lets be grateful for what we currently have. We do need to follow this up by next weekend with more additions, more quality additions.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

what's the point in having an academy if the players are mothballed as opposed to bringing them through?

Some will sink, others will swim.

I agree, Eddie, that some youngsters will sink and others will swim but it should leave us all feeling uneasy as to their treatment. Some who sink might well have become an future asset to the club if their induction into the first team had been handled sensitively and gradually. Just because you are two years into a course to become a doctor you aren't qualified to carry out an operation. I agree that players shouldn't be 'mothballed' indefinitely but their coaches should decide when they are ready.

16 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

While todays signings are underwhelming it will get us through tomorrows game and at least we will have recognised CB's. It is obvious the low wages were a factor so lets be grateful for what we currently have. We do need to follow this up by next weekend with more additions, more quality additions.

Well I'm not underwhelmed. They want to play for the club. Isn't that what lots of fans have been crying out for? Players wanting to play for the club not for the money!?! #COYR

23 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Being a fan or supporter is about more than just buying a ticket, I wouldn’t drive half way across the country on a wet Tuesday night in February to go to Tesco express .

The previous poster was claiming he'd put money into the club and seemed to suggest that made him some kind of investor

I was simply pointing out that the things he claimed made him an investor were merely consumer transactions - He paid a price and got a service or product out of it - He wasn't investing in the club 

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Not all players come through an academy are going to make it. Some are there to make up numbers for the academy squad so we can put out a team. Throwing them all in isn't right isnt right

Some players develop faster than others, some burst onto the scene & can play every game, some need bedding in, some are ready at 18 years old some don't develop until they're 22 - 23 year old. Thats both physically and mentally

It isn't about chucking them in and seeing if they sink or swim. You could chuck someone in & they sink but they could have well swam with the right guidance and bedding in. 

We're reliant on throwing in too many academy products in one hit. Some aren't ready for a 46 game season & it'll be damaging to their development 

It also shouldn't be morris' decision that academy players are ready. He employs far more qualified people than him to decide what is best for our team.

Im not saying mothball youngsters i just dont think its fair to throw 18 year olds in to match day squads potentially before they are ready   

Thanks, @G-Ram you put it far more eloquently than me. ?