Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

Just now, Rammy03 said:

So basically we're signing Allsop and Stearman because we can't get anyone else. That's the only explanation. 

Maybe - on the basis that it seems we're limited to a weekly £4.5k. The signing of Allsop is a strange one unless either Marshall or Roos are leaving.

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't see the point in protesting agree with you there, but i do see the point in letting him know exactly what we think of this tbh. I don't think letting him know how we feel in person is the same as a protest which as you say is pointless seen as he wants out. 

O yeah to be clear I completely get why people are in that mindset and what to air their opinion, so not criticising that at all  - just personally don’t see the point in doing it outside the ground as an organised protest. I’d say just do it before kick off, half time and after kick off in the ground. It’s just never ending this is isn’t it ??

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What evidence do you have to confirm critical posts of Morris have been deleted, other than any which could have been libellous and a threat to the forum owner?

How are you possibly meant to provide evidence of a deleted post? On many occasions you don't even receive a notification if it's your post that's been removed.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Marshall has got to be leaving then. I know he was effectivly dropped at the back end of last season because rooney didn't like his attitude, it'll save a few pennies on wages to.

Big love to Curtis for staying. I thi nk that's a big boost.

If we sell Lawrence to WBA, well, lets hope there's a plan for that that.

Radio active I agree with most of your posts, But how can there be a plan when we can't buy anyone? Or even afford wages.. 

Face it Mel has doomed us... I am still going to Support like the 11 point season, If he sells Lawrence there is no back up for that mate.. 

Just now, Ramos said:

O yeah to be clear I completely get why people are in that mindset and what to air their opinion, so not criticising that at all  - just personally don’t see the point in doing it outside the ground as an organised protest. I’d say just do it before kick off, half time and after kick off in the ground. It’s just never ending this is isn’t it ??

Oh yeah definitely. I'd say before kick off, half time and after the players have left at full time tbh. Support the lads whilst the game is on as much as we can as they'll need all the help they can get. It really is never ending ? it  doesn't help my mood that I've had chronic back and shoulder pain all week either

6 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

At least we have two established centre backs, I presume it will be because they are the only two who would accept the 4.5k a week wage. I'm pleased Curtis is one of them.

I'd like to find a way to sign Morrison to over the next couple of weeks too. 

I’ll sign for 234k a year. Wages at the top of the game have distorted our opinion about what is a fair wage. I understand it’s market forces, short career etc, but FFS it’s decent money for kicking a football about 1-2 twice a week.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Marshall has got to be leaving then. I know he was effectivly dropped at the back end of last season because rooney didn't like his attitude, it'll save a few pennies on wages to.

Big love to Curtis for staying. I thi nk that's a big boost.

If we sell Lawrence to WBA, well, lets hope there's a plan for that that.

I’m not against selling Lawrence, feel he flatters to deceive but as it stands we could only replace him with somebody on 4.5k per week and no transfer fee.

5 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I find it interesting that we have got more information from Ravel Morrison deleting a tweet and unfriending us on social media than we got from a 4 hour meeting with Mel Morris on Wednesday night.

Exactly. I’m worried about our Forum leader, have they got him chained to a radiator somewhere ????

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

What has Morrison posted on instagram that is getting people worked up?

Pictures proving Rammy isn’t really a Ram, it’s just a bloke in a suit! 

3 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

Radio active I agree with most of your posts, But how can there be a plan when we can't buy anyone? Or even afford wages.. 

Face it Mel has doomed us... I am still going to Support like the 11 point season, If he sells Lawrence there is no back up for that mate.. 

I know. Much as Lawrence is frustraiting as hell, he leaves and we're weaker. Beyond Mel thinking "oh the Lawrence money pays the bills for three months" it looks a suicidal football move at this point.

Part of me hopes we don’t sign all these triallists. We’ve spent ages being unable to get rid of deadwood due to the impact on finances, so why make whopping losses after finally having to bite the bullet only to be lumped with someone else’s deadwood? It’s another manager - and owner’s - problem further down the line. 

I’d rather just start again with the kids, even if it ruins this season and we go down. Wait until we have funds to sign players we actually want. Scraping the bottom of the barrel for what’s left is just delaying the inevitable.   

21 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

There are more than 9 players out of contract in world football. It is not a direct choice like you say, but you have to question the strategy of even looking at a keeper when we should have been working on centre backs and strikers. 

What was the point in looking at a load of players if we weren't allowed to offer them the wages they want? It's simply bad management of a football club. 

I understand there are more than 9 players out of contract but they're the 9 Rooney wanted training with us and were happy to train with us. 

All teams have 3 GK's so nothing weird about having a 3rd GK training with us especially with all the u23 keepers leaving in the summer - could also mean Roos or Marshall may be going too.

The point of having them in was clearly with the idea of signing them all once the embargo was sorted, for all we know that could change tomorrow and the rest sign then. They will have trained with the knowledge of the situation and that the club were hopeful they would be able to offer up to 11.5k, that is still the hope from Rooney so why is it bad management of a football club? It hasnt cost us a weekly wage to have them training with us.

Edited by DCFC1388