Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Which is fair enough, but the damage is done in truth Rynny. The meeting was held on Wednesday. David is still waiting today for his minutes to be ‘approved’ by Morris. The RamsTrust minutes now released only offer an anodyne version of what went on over 4 hours. No answers were given to the key questions in that meeting - we all must know that now. Morris called the meeting because he was obliged to under EFL rules. He is trying to get back in their good books. The meeting simply gave him the opportunity to say ‘poor me’ to an audience. He has turned our club into a shambles, and I can’t wait for the day he leaves the club.

Absolutely spot on !!

4 minutes ago, europia said:

Absolutely spot on !!

Couldn't agree more either. 

This is not a criticism of David. He's going what he thinks is right. 

I am to be told I am wrong. But if at the meeting Mel has answered questions he can answer and then refused to answer anything he can't. Then I'm not sure why the minutes need to he submitted back to the club for them to check on what he can and cannot say?

But either way. I think we've all established that the meeting was to please the EFL.

If Mel honestly cared about the supporters he would have spoke to all of us either on Radio Derby or a recorded interview with RamsTV.

But why should we be surprised? Mel Morris took over this club after we lost to QPR. 

He thought this would be easy enough. Get us up in 3 years. No problem. 

Being a successful businessman is one thing, being a football club owner is another. 

Everything he has done is wrong.

We have gone from being a well run club, getting 27-30k every week.

To a club who has started the season with-

A bench full of academy players.

Fans that don't know if a player can come on the pitch or not because it might take up a space!

No season tickets

No ticket office, no way to get through by phone. Only way is to hope it works online and that you've got a printer at home (which I imagine a lot of people don't) this would have had a massive impact on the crowd on Saturday. I know people that couldnt get it to work and never got a response to emails sent. I mean I had to register with a different email and start again to get my tickets to go through.

A club that fans look at and say we deserve it.

He criticizes the fact we've don't have enough academy players coming through. But sells Gordon and Delap for peanuts. (£1.5 million for Delap is criminal) all it takes is for a player like Delap to come through the academy 18/19 and have a good season or 2 of 15-20 goals and you're talking 20 million. (Look at Adam Armstrong. They're talking 20 million for him after one good season)

Happily sanctions signing a player like Scott Malone for £3.5 million and block the path of Lowe and Buchanan. Rather than a loan to cover until they are ready.

When you look at where we were to where we are now. 

He has absolute ruined this football club.

And the fact that he doesn't have the decency to even acknowledge the whole supporter base sums the bloke up.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I am to be told I am wrong. But if at the meeting Mel has answered questions he can answer and then refused to answer anything he can't. Then I'm not sure why the minutes need to he submitted back to the club for them to check on what he can and cannot say?

But either way. I think we've all established that the meeting was to please the EFL.

If Mel honestly cared about the supporters he would have spoke to all of us either on Radio Derby or a recorded interview with RamsTV.

But why should we be surprised? Mel Morris took over this club after we lost to QPR. 

Being a successful businessman is one thing, being a football club owner is another. 

Fans that don't know if a player can come on the pitch or not because it might take up a space!

No season tickets

No ticket office, no way to get through by phone. Only way is to hope it works online and that you've got a printer at home (which I imagine a lot of people don't) this would have had a massive impact on the crowd on Saturday. I know people that couldnt get it to work and never got a response to emails sent. I mean I had to register with a different email and start again to get my tickets to go through.

He criticizes the fact we've don't have enough academy players coming through. But sells Gordon and Delap for peanuts. (£1.5 million for Delap is criminal) all it takes is for a player like Delap to come through the academy 18/19 and have a good season or 2 of 15-20 goals and you're talking 20 million. (Look at Adam Armstrong. They're talking 20 million for him after one good season)

Happily sanctions signing a player like Scott Malone for £3.5 million and block the path of Lowe and Buchanan. Rather than a loan to cover until they are ready.

And the fact that he doesn't have the decency to even acknowledge the whole supporter base sums the bloke up.

No coffee pun included?

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Another perspective and some mitigating factors (in no particular order):

• COVID19
  • Backed his managers
  • Cancer treatment 
  • Blaggers trying to takeover the club 
  • Selling academy players not necessarily his choice (i.e. they can go if they want to via tribunal)
  • Sam Rush

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes but my take on it is he showed ambition but due to a number of factors, it clearly didn't work. I think it's harsh to be say everything he's done is wrong. It's not like he tried to rob the club as previous owners have. He took a shot... he missed. If we had Clough here playing durge-ball you'd all be moaning about the lack of ambition probably. 

Edited by Raich Carter

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

David is making sure he hasn't misheard or misremembered anything, he didn't need to do this but wanted make sure everything he wrote was 100% factual. 

1 hour ago, Raich Carter said:

Another perspective and some mitigating factors (in no particular order):

• COVID19
  • Backed his managers
  • Cancer treatment 
  • Blaggers trying to takeover the club 
  • Selling academy players not necessarily his choice (i.e. they can go if they want to via tribunal)
  • Sam Rush

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes but my take on it is he showed ambition but due to a number of factors, it clearly didn't work. I think it's harsh to be say everything he's done is wrong. It's not like he tried to rob the club as previous owners have. He took a shot... he missed. If we had Clough here playing durge-ball you'd all be moaning about the lack of ambition probably. 

We are trying to sign players.

We are trying to solve the issues with EFL.

We are trying to get taken over. 

Not a great deal we fans can do to aid these issues being resolved.

Let us get behind the team and enjoy the football as much as we can.

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

David is making sure he hasn't misheard or misremembered anything, he didn't need to do this but wanted make sure everything he wrote was 100% factual. 

Can Mel hurry up and tell David he can start the Salford matchday thread too. 

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

I appreciate this is difficult, and everyone attending must have been treading on eggshells.

However, no one's asking for a full debrief, just the answers, if any, to the questions put on behalf of the forum.

He shouldn't feel he has to cover anything but that, he's not the club secretary.

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

It seems like a really weird PR stunt that has blown up (again) in Morris' face. 

Unless of course it was cynically engineered to please the EFL and for no other reason than that.

I, like everyone else on this forum, have no other choice than wait but it again reflects poorly on the club owner when he's hardly covering himself with glory currently and just comes across as another self inflicted own goal to follow all the others he's made. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No season tickets

every word bang on sadly