Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

No idea but they were offered contracts.   Clearly not enough money for some 

I'm sorry but do we actually know this is correct? I thought we could only sign four players atm? If that's the case we can't have offered contracts to the three who signed AND Jagielka, Morrison, Baldock, Aluko, Carroll and Wisdom. 

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mate they ain’t very good.  

Mate they want to play for us - not for the money. But we've all no real idea how good they are in our team. They've looked okay preseason. Edited: for sensitivity reasons.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

I'm sorry but do we actually know this is correct? I thought we could only sign four players atm? If that's the case we can't have offered contracts to the three who signed AND Jagielka, Morrison, Baldock, Aluko, Carroll and Wisdom. 

Unless we offered contracts to all of them but only a few actually signed for whatever reason... (pay,length,terms)

Just now, VulcanRam said:

I’m not ITK but It was being reported that was the case. 

Does it matter because I’m not that bothered if they come or not. 

We have covered the 2 CB positions which was vital. 

The rest of the team will be ok plus we may yet get some loans in. 

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Unless we offered contracts to all of them but only a few actually signed for whatever reason... (pay,length,terms)

But I'd suggest we can't have offered nine players contracts when we know we can only sign four. Because if we offer nine and nine say yes, we then have to say we can't proceed with five of them. It wouldn't make any sense (yes, I know...).

Surely you float what would be on offer and see who's up for it before any firm offers/contracts are made/drawn up? Even then, if more than four say ok, I guess we have to tell some that it's not going to happen (yet). 

On the basis we only signed three, I presume only three were up for it, unless we're too skint to pay for four.  

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

It was done with the hope that we'd get promoted - missing out (and our crap recruitment team buying over-priced and in a lot of cases, utterly useless players with minimal resale value) has meant it's come back to bite us on the bum.....

Agreed, but is it not the Chairmen and CEOs job to ensure that we can continue to trade if it goes wrong, there didn't seem to be a plan B, other than we are skint and Mel needs to bail, not forgetting any investor can't truly invest until the next FFP 3 Year cycle....

Edited by RAM1966

I heard today from someone in the pub talking how they went to the club shop last week to buy a gift voucher.

Only to be told that we do not do gift vouchers anymore.

When questioned on why they wouldn't do gift vouchers anymore they were told "Because if you come back with it in a couple of weeks we can't promise that you'll be able to use it"

I have absolutely no idea why. A couple of weeks would roughly coincide with when we have to submit the accounts? Or it could be something is happening that is going to cause big changes?

Any ideas welcome..

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I heard today from someone in the pub talking how they went to the club shop last week to buy a gift voucher.

When questioned on why they wouldn't do gift vouchers anymore they were told "Because if you come back with it in a couple of weeks we can't promise that you'll be able to use it"

I have absolutely no idea why. A couple of weeks would roughly coincide with when we have to submit the accounts? Or it could be something is happening that is going to cause big changes?

Any ideas welcome..

Or a change in ownership who may have their own ideas about club gifts etc?

Hoping it's not the other extreme though mate,that's the worry.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

51 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Any ideas welcome..

I was given a £20 gift voucher just before COVID struck. I think I might be nipping down to spend it soon then! I have to say I find it quite bizarre. Why wouldn’t you be able to spend a gift voucher? 

Also, if short of money I would find selling stuff like tickets and beers might help generate some cash, so perhaps shelling out on a few staff on minimum wage might be a good business decision in the long and short run. Then again, what do I know! I am clearly not a business genius like Mel. 

I also noticed there was no hot water and the hand dryer was turned off in the toilets. Hopefully that has saved us a few more quid along with furloughing Rammie. 

18 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I was given a £20 gift voucher just before COVID struck. I think I might be nipping down to spend it soon then! I have to say I find it quite bizarre. Why wouldn’t you be able to spend a gift voucher? 

Also, if short of money I would find selling stuff like tickets and beers might help generate some cash, so perhaps shelling out on a few staff on minimum wage might be a good business decision in the long and short run. Then again, what do I know! I am clearly not a business genius like Mel. 

I also noticed there was no hot water and the hand dryer was turned off in the toilets. Hopefully that has saved us a few more quid along with furloughing Rammie. 

The only reason you wouldn't be able to spend a gift voucher is if the company went bust which is one of the inferences on here, albeit worst case.

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The only reason you wouldn't be able to spend a gift voucher is if the company went bust which is one of the inferences on here, albeit worst case.

Ah I see. I am sure that the situation will soon be explained to us via the usual, excellent channels of communication the club has with the fans. 

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was going to make this point also. Add to that no season tickets so reducing our attendances as folk pick & choose games and alienating older fans. And no new away kit. Its unprecedented for a professional league club, especially one of our standing.

They comes across as an administration that have given up, have little interest in their fans & curiously have little interest in opportunities to maximise revenue. If the club is as skint as they say, none of this makes any sense at all. Which is why the only logical reason can be that a takeover is very close indeed.