Sam Rush

Gringo

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought there was an out of court settlement and rush dropping the unfair dismissal stuff because both Mel and Sam had done stuff not particularly good and not particularly wanting heard in any kind of tribunal or courtroom.

If it was settled out of court with Mel's track record it would be covered by a NDA. 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

No he wasnt.

What did he apparently do? The big ones were paying Claire Ince £750k in scouting fees & giving Bryson a £1m payout for a role as club ambassador (without him actually doing anything associated with the role) to keep him at the club. He's never soecifically refuted these actions.

Whether whatever he did or didn't do is enough to not want his direct  involvement again is another matter.

I mean if he came along with a multi billionaire in tow I could quite easily turn a blind eye?

"In May 2017 Rush left Derby with both parties later issuing claims for breach of contract.[12] In March 2018 an employment tribunal found that Rush had been unfairly dismissed by Derby County.[13] In October 2019, Derby County issued a statement saying the two parties had settled their respective differences on agreed terms."  From Wikipedia (I know, not 100% reliable)

I don't want to sound like I'm defending him but weren't those action to benefit the club? all be it in a dodgy way, bending the rules. So paying Paul Ince/Claire Ince was pretty much a bribe to get Tom Ince? Paying Bryson was a way of keeping him because he was a good player? Just sounds like the kind of shenanigans Mel's been up to the last few years.

It's not like he was robbing the club was it? Or was it? I'm getting confused.

and in 2014 he was named Championship CEO of the year if that means anything. What did he do to get that?

Edited by DCFC Kicks

13 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

"In May 2017 Rush left Derby with both parties later issuing claims for breach of contract.[12] In March 2018 an employment tribunal found that Rush had been unfairly dismissed by Derby County.[13] In October 2019, Derby County issued a statement saying the two parties had settled their respective differences on agreed terms."  From Wikipedia (I know, not 100% reliable)

I don't want to sound like I'm defending him but weren't those action to benefit the club? all be it in a dodgy way, bending the rules. So paying Paul Ince/Claire Ince was pretty much a bribe to get Tom Ince? Paying Bryson was a way of keeping him because he was a good player? Just sounds like the kind of shenanigans Mel's been up to the last few years.

It's not like he was robbing the club was it? Or was it? I'm getting confused.

Ah, cheers. I was wrong then, maybe, didn't find anything about tribunal findings on any news articles (didn't search that hard tbh) but didn't check Wikipedia. 

Edit: I don't know why because it's quite obvious and easy!

https://www.keystonelaw.com/news/employment-tribunal-finds-keystone-client-sam-rush-was-unfairly-dismissed-by-Derby-county

Ince was already here I think, not sure it was linked to his transfer, but I don't know anymore.

I don't think paying people money for a job they didn't really do is the same as anything MM has done though, no, as it's intentionally misleading... think government contracts for PPE!

There's no insinuation that Rush ever did anything illegal, and nor should there be.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

I’m more inclined to side with Rush, knowing what we now know about Mel. I’m sure not everything was above board but I think things have been a lot more below board since he went which leads me to believe that is just what the culture was.

He was always a bit slippery for want of a better term but under GSE I think he did a really good job?

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Ah, cheers. I was wrong then, maybe, didn't find anything about tribunal findings on any news articles (didn't search that hard tbh) but didn't check Wikipedia. 

Edit: I don't know why because it's quite obvious and easy!

https://www.keystonelaw.com/news/employment-tribunal-finds-keystone-client-sam-rush-was-unfairly-dismissed-by-Derby-county

Ince was already here I think, not sure it was linked to his transfer, but I don't know anymore.

I don't think paying people money for a job they didn't really do is the same as anything MM has done though, no, as it's intentionally misleading... think government contracts for PPE!

There's no insinuation that Rush ever did anything illegal, and nor should there be.

Then I'm confused as to why he paid the Inces if Tom was already here, what would he get out of it?

Isn't the only person he was allegedly trying to deceive Mel? None of the things he did were against EFL rules or anything were they? It's not like he was stealing from the club, he was allegedly trying to pay people without Mel knowing about it for the benefit of the teams performance. Not that I'm defending the actions or anything.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

I’m more inclined to side with Rush, knowing what we now know about Mel. I’m sure not everything was above board but I think things have been a lot more below board since he went which leads me to believe that is just what the culture was.

He was always a bit slippery for want of a better term but under GSE I think he did a really good job?

Yes, very slippery character. Wouldn't want to see him back at the club. Problem is, with the clubs dire situation, in all likelihood we are going to have to put up with some dubious characters running the club. Little prospect of ethical attracting ownership, unfortunately.  

3 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Then I'm confused as to why he paid the Inces if Tom was already here, what would he get out of it?

Isn't the only person he was allegedly trying to deceive Mel? None of the things he did were against EFL rules or anything were they? It's not like he was stealing from the club, he was allegedly trying to pay people without Mel knowing about it for the benefit of the teams performance. Not that I'm defending the actions or anything.

wasn't Thomas only here on loan at that point?

On 01/06/2021 at 15:04, Charlotte Ram said:

I am sure that I read on this website Mel lost the tribunal case regarding Sam Rush, companies house tells a much different story in fact completely the reverse.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5c1a0edc40f0b60bc4029cf2/Mr_S_Rush_v_The_Derby_County_Football_Club_Ltd___others_2601130.2017_Dismissal.pdf

Is this another Mel Myth we can cross off as fake myth?

What did mrs ince have to say about it? 

Inflating the attendances was another accusation made by MM.

But I can’t see how that helped? Surely it incurred extra tax on non sold tickets?

It all went quiet, would he clear things up if he came back? Would he be able too due to a Melvyn nda?

There would be a cloud hanging over him surely if he was to come back and just carry on?  Mud sticks on social media.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

But I can’t see how that helped? Surely it incurred extra tax on non sold tickets?

It all went quiet, would he clear things up if he came back? Would he be able too due to a Melvyn nda?

There would be a cloud hanging over him surely if he was to come back and just carry on?  Mud sticks on social media.

I suppose inflated attendances eventually leads to a bigger price when selling the club in the premier league, which I imagine was the aim of the game.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I suppose inflated attendances eventually leads to a bigger price when selling the club in the premier league, which I imagine was the aim of the game.

Not convinced about that - the accounts show what revenue per seat the club has historically achieved and it's that number that would influence the price rather than the stated attendance figures. 

7 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

wasn't Thomas only here on loan at that point?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-sue-ex-chief-exec-12270703

In a 41-page report filed to the High Court the Daily Mail claim that there were 10 'scouting agreements' worth £2 million.

One, known as the 'Ince scouting agreement' including a £700,000 payment to Claire Ince Promotions. It was signed after the Rams made son Ince their club record £4.75m signing in 2015.

Rush claims the money went to Tom's father Paul and his 59-page defence states: "It is denied that Mr Rush was the only person involved in the negotiation of the Ince Scouting Agreement as alleged.

"In 2015, Mr Morris (club chairman), Mr Rush and Mr Evans held discussions with Paul Ince, a retired, highly decorated club and England player, regarding his taking up a football role at Derby."

It might have been a condition of him signing, but it wasn't formally done in advance of him signing or as part of the deal.

God knows what this £700k footballing role Paul Ince was supposed to be taking up, but it's still 'officially' money for something that didn't even happen whether it was a sweetener for the signing or not.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

18 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought there was an out of court settlement and rush dropping the unfair dismissal stuff because both Mel and Sam had done stuff not particularly good and not particularly wanting heard in any kind of tribunal or courtroom.

The reality may well be that as legal costs are rarely awarded against unsuccessful claimants then it would have been cheaper for Morris to settle out of court.

Or that he was going to lose anyway so there was no mileage in then adding his own legal fees to the compensation that he would have had to pay out to Rush.

He may also have wanted to avoid unsavoury behaviour on his part being regurgitated in the press during the reporting of the case.

Whatever option you choose it doesn't reflect well on Morris. 

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

We pay tax?