Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

56 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m sure MM his doing his best to get the best for this Football Club.

I have spoken to him at forums and outside the ground when he has taken time to speak when he needn't have .

The guy is a human being for goodness sake 

Let’s have some balance  

Has anybody actually thought how this might be effecting him personally 

I grew up in Littleover with Mel although I didn’t personally know him .

He has  always been a Derby fan .

He has made mistakes at times but he doesn’t deserve this  

Well said, and I would also say the same for many in and around the club. This 'entitled' demand from fans who somehow think they have the right to demand to be told the absolute inner most points of what is going on is just absurd. I totally get that people are concerned, and they absolutely should be. But, at the end, we are fans and our interaction with this club is just that - I don't support any of this belief that one person has the right to put themselves up as a spokesperson for the club and somehow feel elected to do so.

And, again, Mel might have made mistakes but you can be sure this is hurting him a whole lot more than any one of us.

And, just to make that point, the OP states themselves that they haven't had time for a year to think much about DCFC. Now, when thankfully it seems their personal affairs are more in order, they feel the time is right to have the most senior people at our club to stop all that they have been working on for a year and update them. But not when they're working on their Uber shift. I mean, seriously?

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Players don’t always work out .

Take Anya for one .

Thats not MM fault he has to go on Manager recommendations for players. 

And if you think Ibe was a recommendation from Rooney then think again...

Then again also think about Rooney being recommended by Cocu.......

Similar pattern emerging?

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I’m sure MM his doing his best to get the best for this Football Club.

I have spoken to him at forums and outside the ground when he has taken time to speak when he needn't have .

The guy is a human being for goodness sake 

Let’s have some balance  

Has anybody actually thought how this might be effecting him personally 

I grew up in Littleover with Mel although I didn’t personally know him .

He has  always been a Derby fan .

He has made mistakes at times but he doesn’t deserve this  

This is the problem. Get your head out of the sand for christ sake Curtains!!! Or wherever your head may be...

And we deserve silence? Do not give me this Derby fan garbage. He was never around pre 2007 and wont be after all of this.

We all make mistakes. That we can deal with. It works both ways let me tell you that...

You have spoken to him at forums, let me guess when all was good yes? Outside the ground when all things were good yes? Funny that... We can all be visible when things are going well...

17 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

And, just to make that point, the OP states themselves that they haven't had time for a year to think much about DCFC. Now, when thankfully it seems their personal affairs are more in order, they feel the time is right to have the most senior people at our club to stop all that they have been working on for a year and update them. But not when they're working on their Uber shift. I mean, seriously?

Sorry for thinking about my family for the past year. I do apologise. Next time I will ensure that my business is not taken care off and i lose my home. 

The reason, as I said, is because things are that bad. I wasn't the one that stopped the communication within the charter group, top brass were.

So I mean seriously, rather than get personal, why dont you actually take on board what I am saying here.

12 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Sorry for thinking about my family for the past year. I do apologise. Next time I will ensure that my business is not taken care off and i lose my home. 

The reason, as I said, is because things are that bad. I wasn't the one that stopped the communication within the charter group, top brass were.

So I mean seriously, rather than get personal, why dont you actually take on board what I am saying here.

Think I've worked out why they're not returning your calls...

"Charter Group", 'top brass' - give me a break!

Edited by BaaLocks

8 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Think I've worked out why they're not returning your calls...

"Charter Group", 'top brass' - give me a break!

Charter group is not the name I gave it ...

And I just want it to be clear who I am talking about. Top Brass should be clear.

Normally got a lot of time and respect for this particular OP, but on this occasion, I struggled to read through phrases such as "...come out and gives us fans some 'reassurance' that our club will be secure...", and in relation to a planned protest "... this could have simply been avoided by either of them coming out to give us fans reassurance.".  When in actual fact, it could have been more easily avoided simply by not planning it... particularly for the reasons given... in the first place!

I then got to the bit about "... the biggest stakeholders of this football club, which if you didn't know, is us fans..." and I can't deny, I stopped reading at that point, so I've no idea what followed, nor what any of the responses have been.  Sorry!

I've been a supporter of this club since the day we were handed our second League Championship Trophy, and on and off over the ensuing decades, I've been a season ticket holder (currently the last 15 or so consecutive seasons?).  Always a supporter... arguably a "customer"... but never a stake holder.

When it comes to financial matters... including what the club pays in player wages and/or transfer fees ("Undisclosed" nowadays, usually!)... I really don't think Mel, or anyone else, owes us any explanation whatsoever.  Anything we are told on such a subject should be treated as a very kind and noble gesture, but certainly not expected nor demanded... by us... the fans... the customers.

The fact that we are allegedly in the midst of a potential takeover/buyout only strengthens my opinion on this subject.  This is not the time for the club to be bleating out financial details.

Opinions, eh!  

31 minutes ago, therams69 said:

You don’t have to apologise to anyone, Nick. The last year has been incredibly challenging and your commitment to Derby shouldn’t come into question after what you’ve put in over the last 10+ years.

Met you at Bristol City away years ago under Wassall I think - great guy!

You make some great points in your OP. There will definitely be an inquest, and so there should be. How this club has been run in recent times, from the finance to the recruitment to management, needs really looking at. I think we just need to get through tomorrow first, and then go from there!

Edited by Nuwtfly

30 minutes ago, therams69 said:

This is the problem. Get your head out of the sand for christ sake Curtains!!! Or wherever your head may be...

And we deserve silence? Do not give me this Derby fan garbage. He was never around pre 2007 and wont be after all of this.

We all make mistakes. That we can deal with. It works both ways let me tell you that...

You have spoken to him at forums, let me guess when all was good yes? Outside the ground when all things were good yes? Funny that... We can all be visible when things are going well...

Right that put me in my place. 

Up the Rams 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Right that put me in my place. 

Up the Rams 

Nothing personal Curtains and apologies if I over stepped the mark in my reply. I just feel far to many are actually believing that everything is going to be alright and then before you know it..... Its all too late. We need to wake up and smell the coffee. 

You may not want reassurance, but I do and until I feel I get that I will continue because I am concerned about the future of Derby County Football Club. Do not see that as me having the devine right to this, we all should be wanting it. 

Please do not think that much of what I say is just my opinion. These are facts.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I guess from some of the posts on here that some see 'an enemy at the gates', whilst others are happy to let the wolf guard the lambs.

I think we're at a point where the threat to the clubs future is as worrying as it was at the end of Lionel Pickering's ownership. Or not.

People are seeing me as the enemy! I mean for christ sake! 

Correct it is. People are refusing to believe this and that is very scary indeed.

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Nothing personal Curtains and apologies if I over stepped the mark in my reply. I just feel far to many are actually believing that everything is going to be alright and then before you know it..... Its all too late. We need to wake up and smell the coffee. 

You may not want reassurance, but I do and until I feel I get that I will continue because I am concerned about the future of Derby County Football Club. Do not see that as me having the devine right to this, we all should be wanting it. 

Please do not think that much of what I say is just my opinion. These are facts.

No need to apologize mate. 

I am often accused of exaggerating situations and I do agree Mel has made mistakes and one was going in the dressing room at half time on one particular occasion but he has never done that since to my knowledge.

Now let’s examine the situation.

Mel hasn’t been very  well by all accounts and want to sell the football club and has looked for prospective buyers .

The last one didn’t work out but the present buyout is ongoing. 

Now I hate FFP with a passion and also hate the parachute payment system. 

Mel tried to adhere to FFP and tried in vane to get promoted to the Premier League and failed by a whisker against QPR and other playoff adventures 

He is renowned for believing in the Academy and them lads have done well out of Mel  .

We find ourselves fighting an appeal against the EFL after being cleared and also fighting relegation.

The financial situation at Derby is complicated and answers may not be easily given if there is a non disclosure agreement at the moment over the takeover.

what answers do you want from Mel Morris and Steven Pearce at the moment  

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Who is therams69 ???

Seems to have the feel of the Scarlet Pimpernel about him ??

He's the man who for the past decade or more has carted that giant Rams flag across the country and beyond, or made sure it was taken on the fans behalf, looked after it, and organised repairs and cleaning.

There is a lot of speculation about what is happening, some of it could be wild but it’s happening due to the radio silence from the Club. 

We need to get the game tomorrow out of the way but then we need Mel (not Stephen  Pearce, Mel) to address the fans, if we go down tomorrow then this is especially true. I have faith that he will continue to back the club should this takeover not happen, but that might be misguided, what if he doesn’t have the money? We need a sense of clear direction here. This can’t drag on through the summer. 

The EFL with Trevor Birch involved will block this takeover if it’s dodgy. If they do then Mel needs to provide some answers on what happens next because that would be the second failed take over and the vaccum of silence is leading to all this negative speculation. 

This isn’t about entitlement, Mel is the custodian of this football club which has been the heartbeat of the community for 137 years. He has a duty to all of us to confirm and ensure the club will be in safe hands. I still have faith in him but he certainly isn’t doing himself any favours with the silence with the club in its most precarious league position for 37 years.