Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

I think you are right, we are the same as Sheffield Wednesday In the regard that we are both in it deep financially. Morris essentially gambled our future on gaining promotion and it hasn't worked. I heard a rumour about 2 weeks ago that the loan against the stadium is of a very very high interest and it is killing us.

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

In fairness Club 84 are worried about the club. I am worried about the club. You know when I said about burying head in the sand........

Pardon my ignorance but how representative of Derby County supporters is this Club 84? How many members does it claim to have?

What is the point of this post?

There’s not a word or theory that’s not been done to death on many different threads. 

If you already got it if your chest on Facebook why bother posting on here other than you don’t read this forum very much and have missed this place tear itself inside out in recent weeks.

41 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Rants tend to be off the cuff where as facts are different! LOL

I'm not sure very much of your post was fact - Lots of opinions in there which I'm sure are shared by many on here - But not a lot of facts

11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What are these 'facts', as opposed to forum chat, newspaper articles quoting 'a source' and any other media outlet who's main aim is to peddle gossip?

The only fact I'm aware of is the absence of any recent comment from the one person who is guaranteed to know the current financial situation at the Club - Mel Morris. Yes, I'm sure we would all feel better if he came out and told us what we want to know but like it or not, we must wait for that to happen when he deems fit.

We all know how precarious our league position is, you don't have to be a genius to work that out and everyone is entitled to an opinion as to where the blame lies as far as that is concerned but once again i get the impression people are quoting facts when clearly they are not.

I am really not in the line of making things up Wolfie. In fact I dont really have the time to be doing all of this if truth be told.

You say we would all feel better - so why hasn't he come out and spoken then. Do things in life that are good and make people feel better....

Again, those that know me know I would never make stuff up with any agenda. 

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Pardon my ignorance but how representative of Derby County supporters is this Club 84? How many members does it claim to have?

Not sure. You will have to ask them that but they are the only really vocal group at the minute.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I'm not sure very much of your post was fact - Lots of opinions in there which I'm sure are shared by many on here - But not a lot of facts

There are facts in there but just maybe I cannot go into more detail than is allowed. 

The lack of comment and general mystery surrounding the club is a problem that Mel needs to fix. It does make me think something is amiss as if everything was totally fine then they could simply release a statement reassuring us all and that would be that. It wouldn't need to comment on the Alonso takeover but simply reaffirm the financial health of the club itself and address the rumours that are doing the rounds. The fact they aren't doing that makes me wonder if it's because they can't do it and that is worrying on its own. I hope these issues are addressed as soon as possible so we can all be made aware of the actual state of the club. 

11 minutes ago, therams69 said:

You are being naïve I am afraid.

1. When was the last time he came out and spoke to the fans. 

2. We need to know that should the takeover not happen that the club will be fine. Dont need details on takeover.

3. Keogh issue not important. Probably end up losing though like we did with Sam.

4. Well if we go down that's 10m less income if reports are to be believed. Even if we stay up do not think that all will be okay.

nope your post is the one that is naïve.  I don't think any of us have our head in the sand, in our hands maybe?.  The expectations of the fans by having one of our own as the owner was driven further by the outstanding comms in  the first year.  These sort of things are all very easy when matters are going well then it all turns toxic when they are not. i thought at the time it was very worthy but it could end in tears if it meant some fans felt they had a stake worthy of detailed updates.  You have to be a very strong person to face a hostile crowd and like many the current group have no appetite for this type of confrontation.  To be honest why should they?   I don't trust them but they are the best we've got

5 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

What is the point of this post?

There’s not a word or theory that’s not been done to death on many different threads. 

If you already got it if your chest on Facebook why bother posting on here other than you don’t read this forum very much and have missed this place tear itself inside out in recent weeks.

The point of this post is to highlight the real mess we are in. 

I do read this forum quite a fair bit but as with most things they get lost in different threads.

Do not bury your heads in the sand which seems to be the common approach on here for some strange reason. Interestingly on my facebook post not 1 person in 40 odd comments has disagreed with me. They trust what I am saying as they know me.

Please do not think for one minute that I am trying to be this or that, I am genuinely really concerned about our football club having spoken to many people over the last few days.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

nope your post is the one that is naïve.  I don't think any of us have our head in the sand, in our hands maybe?.  The expectations of the fans by having one of our own as the owner was driven further by the outstanding comms in  the first year.  These sort of things are all very easy when matters are going well then it all turns toxic when they are not. i thought at the time it was very worthy but it could end in tears if it meant some fans felt they had a stake worthy of detailed updates.  You have to be a very strong person to face a hostile crowd and like many the current group have no appetite for this type of confrontation.  To be honest why should they?   I don't trust them but they are the best we've got

Spanish, I have dealt with the club for 15 odd years. Way before Mel and Stephen arrived at this club. I have had many meetings with them but the time has now come...

All that was asked was for them to come out and say everything is going to be okay in the event of relegation or the takeover collapsing. I was asking and they know me and I know them. I would like to think mutual respect is there. Why can they not come out and do that. I respect their opinion and I thought they respected mine, clearly not. I am part of the supporters charter group which clearly means nothing to them as they have refused to even hold that over the past 12 months.

1 minute ago, therams69 said:

I do read this forum quite a fair bit but as with most things they get lost in different threads.

Do not bury your heads in the sand which seems to be the common approach on here for some strange reason. Interestingly on my facebook post not 1 person in 40 odd comments has disagreed with me. They trust what I am saying as they know me.

Please do not think for one minute that I am trying to be this or that, I am genuinely really concerned about our football club having spoken to many people over the last few days.

I think you would have had to been dwelling in a cave not to realise what a mess the club is in at the moment, so can't understand the merit of yet another thread highlighting the same issues?

Bottom line is you or I can't compel the club to make any sort of statement regards it's current financial status.or compel to make Morris to sell the club any faster than he is allegedly trying to do so you're just beating your head against a brick wall.

56 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Hi everyone,

I have posted this on my personal facebook but want to let everyone else know as well hence why I have started a new thread. As fans we need to be collectively acting now on the back of the group Club 84 raising various issues over the past week or so. Do no bury your heads in the sand any longer. I am concerned.

Agree with a lot of what you are posting there, although I still retain some trust that Mel will get it sorted. I think he has been more unlucky than irresponsible, but things don't look great currently.

I don't agree with criticising @therams69 /Nick for claiming to be a super fan, or a self-appointed spokesman for all fans. I don't know Nick at all, but he is not an anonymous keyboard warrior, but someone who actually tries to do things and make things better.

As @Ambitious says though, what can we realistically do? Mel is trying to get out and sell the club. I think I'd rather him stay until he can sell to someone trustworthy.

12 minutes ago, therams69 said:

If I were a billionaire with cash to invest in Derby how much would it cost. The Alonso story refers to debt of £40m plus £5m for MM, £45m total. Does that buy me everything or is the stadium extra. The training ground is I believe on a long standing lease, never owned by Derby, unlike the stadium. An estimate of how much you'd have to pay in total to buy Derby would be a useful benchmark.

Edited by derby8

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I am really not in the line of making things up Wolfie. In fact I dont really have the time to be doing all of this if truth be told.

You say we would all feel better - so why hasn't he come out and spoken then. Do things in life that are good and make people feel better....

Again, those that know me know I would never make stuff up with any agenda. 

Not at all suggesting you're making things up - maybe your way of letting out the frustrations many of us are feeling, but there's nothing in the way of fact in what you have posted other than MM not having made a statement as to the current situation.

Also, if you have little knowledge of the status of Club 84 and are unaware of whether they themselves have an agenda and are representative of the Derby County fan base as a whole, not sure it carries much in the way of credibility in using them to support your views.

I get you're finding our current situation (financial and playing-wise) painfull - we all are to varying degrees.