Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So, as a starting point, please can you list the questions that you want answered.

3 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Yes of course. Give it a few days. And its not just me.

Eh?

You keep saying that you want us to come together and collectively demand answers but you won't tell us what are the questions we should be uniting behind.

That's hardly inspiring.

Yet your highly cryptic "Give it a few days. And its not just me" suggests that you've rounded up a mob, armed them with pitchforks, and are marching on Pride Park with your set of demands.

1 minute ago, therams69 said:

Like I say though mate, he did it 3/4 months ago? Since then another takeover has collapsed. We should be having an update, not just left in the dark time and time again.

I agree I just don't know what you would want him to say - it seems patently obvious to the most casual of observers that we are in the kaka but do you want him to come out and say that? Especially knowing that this might then put off other would be suitors or encourage another bout of tyre kickers. 

We're in the the crap I totally agree but I don't need Morris to come and out affirm what I already know. 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

You may not realise this but that is the way you are posting and coming across on here on this subject,,,,, you may well come across very differently to those that know you personally 

Possibly so and I do get that. And I apologise now to anyone that feels I have digged at them. Far from intentional. I know things get read wrongly and I know at times I perhaps come across as a w****r. I would like to think I am not but I genuinely hate it when others feel that I think I am special because I dont think that and ever will. Not who I am.

I have posted on this forum for over 10 years now and by my name. Which is quite rare for anyone else on here.

6 minutes ago, therams69 said:

It would satisfy me if Mel Morris or Stephen Pearce came out first and foremost. Anything after that is a bonus!

Nope ,,,,,,, what are the many things that can be looked at you posted?

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Eh?

You keep saying that you want us to come together and collectively demand answers but you won't tell us what are the questions we should be uniting behind.

That's hardly inspiring.

Yet your highly cryptic "Give it a few days. And its not just me" suggests that you've rounded up a mob, armed them with pitchforks, and are marching on Pride Park with your set of demands.

Drop me a DM IslandExile and lets have a chat on the phone ?

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I agree I just don't know what you would want him to say - it seems patently obvious to the most casual of observers that we are in the kaka but do you want him to come out and say that? Especially knowing that this might then put off other would be suitors or encourage another bout of tyre kickers. 

We're in the the crap I totally agree but I don't need Morris to come and out affirm what I already know. 

To be honest if anything it would surely encourage others to put an offer in and get it cheaper?! But i guess you could argue they are already there. If it wasn't for the mess of the accounts and the debt, this football club would be a great purchase! Has everything going or it.

Well no because he had been sacked and the reason we sacked him was so because we didn't have to pay his wages.

Not to mention the other costs no doubt involved and embarrassment caused. If you are going to do it, it needed to be watertight. Any employer would tell you that.

Any employer might be dealing in law and a tribunal,, not an EFL kangaroo court?

We can't even get along as football fans of the same bloomin club!

What chance have we got?

Fortunately I was brought up on singing songs and chants that supported the club I love and then singing songs that disrespected the club we were trying to beat.

And I know football forums are all about fans being entitled to their own opininions, but just look at how far the goal posts have been moved within the game.

The biggest thing I loved about going to the Baseball Ground was the crowd, the wonderful atmosphere of getting behind Derby County Football Club and tearing into the Leeds, Chelsea fans and all the rest...................why did it go all horribly wrong???????

Why do some of our fans choose to get off on, winding our own fans up..........why oh why????????

I'm out of here, I'd rather watch dull Sunday night telly than read our own fans bickering with one another.

Where is your dignity, respect, appreciation, honour, loyalty for your fellow fan of the same football club you all love?

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

Very sad indeed............a bloody disgrace!

Edited by Inverurie Ram

Just now, Inverurie Ram said:

We can't even get along as football fans of the same bloomin club!

What chance have we got?

Unfortunately I was brought up on singing songs and chants that supported the club I love and then singing songs that disrespected the club we were trying to beat.

And I know football forums are all about fans being entitled to their own opininions, but just look at how far the goal posts have been moved within the game.

The biggest thing I loved about going to the Baseball Ground was the crowd, the wonderful atmosphere of getting behind Derby County Football Club and tearing into the Leeds, Chelsea fans and all the rest...................why did it go all horribly wrong???????

Why do some of our fans choose to get off on, winding our own fans up..........why oh why????????

I'm out of here, I'd rather watch dull Sunday night telly than read our own fans bickering with one another.

Where is your dignity, respect, appreciation, honour, loyalty for your fellow fan of the same football club you all love?

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

Very sad indeed............a bloody disgrace!

Always better discussed over a beer in London eh as opposed to on here!

Hope you and laddo are well mate. Shame it never worked out for Brys at Aberdeen!

5 minutes ago, therams69 said:

To be honest if anything it would surely encourage others to put an offer in and get it cheaper?! But i guess you could argue they are already there. If it wasn't for the mess of the accounts and the debt, this football club would be a great purchase! Has everything going or it.

You know that's the one point that I disagree with you one. We only survived relegation through the grace of God this season. Our playing squad is threadbare and inadequate. We have the threat of a transfer embargo and points deduction hanging over our heads. We are a million miles in debt as a club. We don't own the ground we play in.

Any sensible businessman would be totally put off by that. I wouldn't go anywhere near us. Morris is trying to sell the club at the worst possible time I can only reiterate. I wouldn't go near us with a shitty stick. You can blame that all on Morris but it still doesn't detract from reality. We are a crap proposition to acquire and as other posters have already stated we are in dire straits of becoming another Wigan. I don't need Morris to come and tell me all is rosy in the garden when it would be a tissue of lies. And I don't need to tell him we have mucho problems as I know that. 

24 minutes ago, therams69 said:

But in the football world there is. He has also said that in his own words. Otherwise I may say i want to buy the club just so I can have a butchers at the accounts.

Wouldn't disagree with that last statement at all Tyler but this is a big mess that he has to take responsibility for. Just bear in mind 2.3m got added to the debts only last week because things were not done correctly.

Are you sure in the football world there is a requirement to prove you've got the money before you're shown what's for sale?

In fact, I think your house buying analogy is a good one:

• someone say's they're interested in your house so you show them around. 
  • They say they want o buy it and negotiations begin
  • A price is agreed upon and it's handed over to the solicitors to sort out all the details
  • Before you exchange contracts, your solicitor will need to see evidence that the purchaser has the money/can raise a mortgage

Obviously over simplified I know but, is the principle that much different when selling a football club?

• Someone expresses an interest so you show them what they'll be buying
  • They say they want to buy it and negotiations begin
  • A price is agreed upon and it's handed over to the solicitors/legal teams to sort out the details
  • Before the sale becomes binding both the clubs legal team and the EFL ask for evidence of funds

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure in the football world there is a requirement to prove you've got the money before you're shown what's for sale?

In fact, I think your house buying analogy is a good one:

• someone say's they're interested in your house so you show them around. 
  • They say they want o buy it and negotiations begin
  • A price is agreed upon and it's handed over to the solicitors to sort out all the details
  • Before you exchange contracts, your solicitor will need to see evidence that the purchaser has the money/can raise a mortgage

Obviously over simplified I know but, is the principle that much different when selling a football club?

• Someone expresses an interest so you show them what they'll be buying
  • They say they want to buy it and negotiations begin
  • A price is agreed upon and it's handed over to the solicitors/legal teams to sort out the details
  • Before the sale becomes binding both the clubs legal team and the EFL ask for evidence of funds

Yes. Mel said himself that these checks needed to be carried out before anyone could look at accounts. Said he turned down many others prior to this as were jokers..

The whole house thing - in fairness if my house was worth 20m I would only want credible buyers through the door with money otherwise you would have nosey people looking at your house all day long - queue Alonso!

Always better discussed over a beer in London eh as opposed to on here!

Hope you and laddo are well mate. Shame it never worked out for Brys at Aberdeen!

Yeah we are all well mate. Hope everything sorts itself out quickly at our club and our fans can learn that we will always be stronger together, (await someone on here to probably acuse my words of being too close to those of Dirty Leeds or whatever!)

Keep on loving our club mate, and some of us realise, that your heart and passion for our club is in the right place........for a very clean, washed superfan!........or whatever guff they choose to acuse you of!

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yeah we are all well mate. Hope everything sorts itself out quickly at our club and our fans can learn that we will always be stronger together, (await someone on here to probably acuse my words of being too close to those of Dirty Leeds or whatever!)

Keep on loving our club mate, and some of us realise, that your heart and passion for our club is in the right place........for a very clean, washed superfan!........or whatever guff they choose to acuse you of!

Guess we are all just passionate, just different ways of doing things!

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

You know that's the one point that I disagree with you one. We only survived relegation through the grace of God this season. Our playing squad is threadbare and inadequate. We have the threat of a transfer embargo and points deduction hanging over our heads. We are a million miles in debt as a club. We don't own the ground we play in.

Any sensible businessman would be totally put off by that. I wouldn't go anywhere near us. Morris is trying to sell the club at the worst possible time I can only reiterate. I wouldn't go near us with a shitty stick. You can blame that all on Morris but it still doesn't detract from reality. We are a crap proposition to acquire and as other posters have already stated we are in dire straits of becoming another Wigan. I don't need Morris to come and tell me all is rosy in the garden when it would be a tissue of lies. And I don't need to tell him we have mucho problems as I know that. 

Fair points. As your post suggests, there isn't really a lot that Mr Morris can say. Anyone hoping that he will make a statement saying "don't worry Rams fans, things aren't great, but all will be OK" are, at best rather hopeful, at worst deluded. 

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

It would satisfy me if Mel Morris or Stephen Pearce came out first and foremost. Anything after that is a bonus!

Came out to do or say what? A song and dance routine? Hamlet's soliloquy? (alas poor Bloomer, I knew him well.)

You've been asked several times now, what specifically do you want them to say? or what would you have us supporters do?

8 hours ago, therams69 said:

Yes. Mel said himself that these checks needed to be carried out before anyone could look at accounts. Said he turned down many others prior to this as were jokers..

The whole house thing - in fairness if my house was worth 20m I would only want credible buyers through the door with money otherwise you would have nosey people looking at your house all day long - queue Alonso!

Fair enough although I wonder if he meant/said that potential buyers would have to provide apparently credible details of where the funds would come from. Maybe in the form of some kind of letter of intent/support from the backers and now they’ve backed out or something.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough although I wonder if he meant/said that potential buyers would have to provide apparently credible details of where the funds would come from. Maybe in the form of some kind of letter of intent/support from the backers and now they’ve backed out or something.

That's he crux of the issue - both the Sheikh and Alonso were almost certainly fronting up other parties - as such they would potentially both appear credible if they came to Mel with letters of intent and evidence of wealth from the real backers. The fact that the backers have subsequently got cold feet and walked away in the interim (not surprising given our precarious league position and issues with the EFL) has resulted in both deals falling through.

The Sheikh simply melted away whereas Alonso had made such a big deal of the takeover that he kept on 'giving it large' until Mel pulled the plug when no money appeared. I don't think either of them were necessaarily the chancers they're being made out to be - it's certainly possible that they both started out with good intentions and had the rug pulled from under them when their wealthy backers walked away...

Those people attacking Mel for not doing his due diligence would do well to remember that hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing.....

Edited by Gaspode

14 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

That's he crux of the issue - both the Sheikh and Alonso were almost certainly fronting up other parties - as such they would potentially both appear credible if they came to Mel with letters of intent and evidence of wealth from the real backers. The fact that the backers have subsequently got cold feet and walked away in the interim (not surprising given our precarious league position and issues with the EFL) has resulted in both deals falling through.

The Sheikh simply melted away whereas Alonso had made such a big deal of the takeover that he kept on 'giving it large' until Mel pulled the plug when no money appeared. I don't think either of them were necessaarily the chancers they're being made out to be - it's certainly possible that they both started out with good intentions and had the rug pulled from under them when their wealthy backers walked away...

Those people attacking Mel for not doing his due diligence would do well to remember that hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing.....

Most sensible post I’ve seen on this topic, thanks.

Also worth mentioning this: this idea of selling to X when Y secretly provides the cash is not the way forward. Y probably controls but has not been EFl approved. No one knows where the money has come from. There is potential for a major train wreck and it’s hard to make someone sell a club

i don’t think MM has got this right in this process and the club has paid a high price