Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The club statement said we now have a sustainable model, not sure a wage bill higher than your income fits in with that statement.

The Athletic know absolutely nothing more than anyone on this forum.

A wage bill of £30m would mean a monthly PAYE bill of near £15m so if we have not paid this since Covid somewhere near £35m.

Also a wage bill of £30m between 23 players plus backroom staff would mean and average of circa £15k to £20k a week, we know a number if our staff are on £4500k a week maximum so who is on the big figures to bring this average up?

I thought our wage bill was about 12 million now? 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The club statement said we now have a sustainable model, not sure a wage bill higher than your income fits in with that statement.

The Athletic know absolutely nothing more than anyone on this forum.

A wage bill of £30m would mean a monthly PAYE bill of near £15m so if we have not paid this since Covid somewhere near £35m.

Also a wage bill of £30m between 23 players plus backroom staff would mean and average of circa £15k to £20k a week, we know a number if our staff are on £4500k a week maximum so who is on the big figures to bring this average up?

Exactly. A player wage bill of £30 million  for 23 players (average £1.3 milion each) when six senior players are on under £500k pa and there's quite a few kids, Ebosele, Macdonald , Stetton ,Watson all probably on less than that. The only player we signed from a Premier team was Bielik and his wages are hopefully being paid under insurance. The rest are former academy graduates, Bird,  Sibley, Buchanan and Knight, plus a few old pros/ journeymen like Byrne and Marshall (from Wigan when they were in admin) , Shinnie from a lesser Scottish team, CKR from wherever he last rocked up.    

So I don't think there can be more than three players (at most)  on over £1 million a year, not 23 of them!  

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

When they refer to wage bill, there are more than just the players. I bet Rooney is still on circa 40k a week. (2 million a year).

Id like to think though that players and coaches all in, we are under 15 million now.

We don't know if there's any high earners off the field anorl. 

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

When they refer to wage bill, there are more than just the players. I bet Rooney is still on circa 40k a week. (2 million a year).

Id like to think though that players and coaches all in, we are under 15 million now.

Think that would make him comfortably the highest paid manager in the division, don't see him being on that much personally. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think that would make him comfortably the highest paid manager in the division, don't see him being on that much personally. 

I have no idea what he’s on. But I fully expect he’s probably taken a big cut on a voluntary decision. Just too classy to shout about it. ( unlike Robbie ?)

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In what way? How on earth can you talk about January when we don't know who we will be owned by then?!

I just don't think it will be resolved by then roymac, i will be happy if i am wrong but if the administrators are still in charge they wont be spending money in january

56 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We wil be under transfer embargo, but probably on a one in one out basis. I don't expect we will be paying any transfer fees for players incoming, but that's between us and EFL nothing to do wth HMRC.

it will still be HMRCs business surely?

a business in admin shouldn't be shelling out for assets when they owe so much. i dont think the tax man will take kindly to that.

3 hours ago, alram said:

HMRC are not going to allow us to sign players whilst also saying we can't pay our tax bill.

I think the plan is to get HMRC to agree a deal conditional on a sale. Then to sell out of administration with MM receiving nothing. Then for the buyer to fund signings in Jan. I think HMRC might do that 

10 hours ago, alram said:

a business in admin shouldn't be shelling out for assets when they owe so much. i dont think the tax man will take kindly to that.

The club needs to have players in its squad and to pay them wages from which HMRC receives future PAYE. If we bought a new player for a £10 million transfer fee they may have something to say about that otherwise I cannot see them getting involved in who we bring in , especially as we will be under some form of embargo from EFL anyway.

10 hours ago, alram said:

If Wayne wants to strengthen the squad and not have to sell players, we would have to be under new ownership so we wouldn’t be in admin. If that’s the case a deal would have been struck with all the creditors for us to pay them somewhere from 25p in the pound, including HMRC so it would have nothing to do with them anymore.