Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just a credible interested party will have better ways of getting in touch with the administrators than via an email address posted for the world to see?

Agree. Its also been spotted on linkedin (see below)

Whilst I accept they will have a duty to cast the net, I'm confused why they're doing it in such a public way. They must get hundreds of timewasters & reet funny opposition fans emailing off the back of these.

Also not encouraging that the 2/3 serious parties are close to securing a quick deal, unless these adverts are a box tick exercise to demonstrate Quantuma did try to look for a better/the best option before completing an imminent sale.

IMG-20210928-WA0000.jpg.c3ebce812c57b08db9fdee535d786fa8.jpg

Edited by LeedsCityRam

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Whilst I accept they will have a duty to cast the net, I'm confused why they're doing it in such a public way. They must get hundreds of timewasters & reet funny opposition fans emailing off the back of these.

Also not encouraging that the 2/3 serious parties are close to securing a quick deal, unless these adverts are a box tick exercise to demonstrate Quantuma did try to look for a better/the best option before completing an imminent sale.

Perhaps 'interested parties' isn't exclusively potential investors, but also includes creditors?

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Perhaps 'interested parties' isn't exclusively potential investors, but also includes creditors?

They'd have the creditors listing from the accounts already & the major creditors are existing liabilities i.e  HMRC, Cocu, Morris, MSD, Keogh, Arsenal for Bielik etc. 

To be fair that phrase can be used in administration scenarios where the company is certain to be wound up. In my role, I've had to 'register interest' with adminsitrators for companies that owe us. And then get a letter 3 months later teling us we're getting 3p in the pound. But never known of a company in administration advertising this publicly...does smack of wanting interested buyers rather than even more people to claim DCFC owe them money.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

26 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

No way is that genuine. 

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No way is that genuine. 

Go onto LinkedIn & check yourself 

I was sent it from a mate but just gone on & found it myself. It is genuine.

Edited by LeedsCityRam
Removed link as just redirects to login page. Login & look for Quantuma...its their most recent news story

31 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Go onto LinkedIn & check yourself 

I was sent it from a mate but just gone on & found it myself. It is genuine.

Absolutely - I just went and found it on LinkedIn.

I'll try posting the link again, just in case, but might edit it out if it simply reverts to login.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/quantuma_administration-derbycountyfc-activity-6848592917012074496-uNF8

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We clearly have a buyer lined up, Mel knew it, the administrators know it, but they have to be seen publicly as though they are inviting offers.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the takeover will be American and they will personally know Wayne Rooney.

sounds very plausible indeed.

Problem is, if they run an auction and someone else bids much more, it's very difficult for them to go with the underbidder. Because they have to look after unsecured creditors 

16 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We clearly have a buyer lined up, Mel knew it, the administrators know it, but they have to be seen publicly as though they are inviting offers.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the takeover will be American and they will personally know Wayne Rooney.

If we really did have a buyer 'lined up', why would they want the club to go into administration before completing? It means taking over a League One club due to the points deduction, which in turn means a loss of revenue of around £15 million per year. It took Forest 3 years to get back up and they weren't under an embargo. So even if some of the debt is written off by Administration, it will almost certainly be more than offset by the loss of revenue won't it? Particularly as most of the analysis we've seen (Kieran Maquire/The Athletic etc) suggests that the majority of the debt will have to be paid off in full anyway because it's either secured, owed to HMRC or is 'football debt'. Would love to be convinced otherwise but just don't see how it adds up?

17 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm slightly amused by the notion that the administrators thought "what about all the credible investors with millions of pounds of funding who want to buy Derby County but just don't know how to reach us? Why don't we put a contact email address on twitter?"

I wonder if it is a legal requirement? Back in the good ol' days you had to post all sorts of stuff about liquidation in the Times, and creditors were notified in every local paper. May be its just a sign of the times (pun intended).