Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

1 hour ago, jono said:

How’s this for a conspiracy theory. Steve Mac was Gibsons inside man. After all he gave Gibson his only trophy 

I would throw Bamford in to this theory too. Mac didn't bring Bamford on in the 2014 play off game until it was too late even when QPR were down to 10 men. Then Bamford gets signed by Boro.. and then Leeds. Plus both Mac and Bamford have Forest connections too.  

30 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I would throw Bamford in to this theory too. Mac didn't bring Bamford on in the 2014 play off game until it was too late even when QPR were down to 10 men. Then Bamford gets signed by Boro.. and then Leeds. Plus both Mac and Bamford have Forest connections too.  

Yeah and mac had both forest and boro connections and forest sold assombolonga to Middlesbrough for a 15m pittance and he's fired them to ......er......oh.....hang on...?

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Give over...we all know it's this fella

Screenshot_20210924-103203.png

On 22/09/2021 at 20:08, RadioactiveWaste said:

On a more serious note, could this from Boro or the Wycombe legal position have been triggers for the administration?

"It was Septembre, the season had started well, discussions were ongoing to clear up the last of the EFL issues for -9 points and a situation where the club would be trading a lot more sustainably was emerging. And out of the blue the administration button is pressed because Mel was board of his toy and it cost him too much to run."

If there is anything of substance to the legal claims (bearing in mind the EFL disciplinry process is the agreed mechanism for FFP enformcment), then I could see that being a trigger.

I would say the trigger for administration is the governments suspension of winding up orders ending on 30th September. If the tax amount owing to HMRC is correct no doubt one would be heading in the clubs direction.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-extends-business-support-measures

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

I would say the trigger for administration is the governments suspension of winding up orders ending on 30th September. If the tax amount owing to HMRC is correct no doubt one would be heading in the clubs direction.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-extends-business-support-measures

Trigger for admin was the collapse of the latest takeover talks with Horton and co, and MSd wanting their money.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Trigger for admin was the collapse of the latest takeover talks with Horton and co, and MSd wanting their money.

So why didn't the club enter admin when the deals with the Fake Sheikh or Alonso fall through, probably because at that time he knew a Winding Up order couldn't be issued.

But now it is different, if the club didn't enter administration there is a real possibility a winding up order would have been issued by the HMRC. The HMRC haven't been able to chase  the club for the debt but that could all have changed in Four days time

It follows now why MM was hoping the deal with the Fake Sheikh or Alonso went through with the amount of debt owing to HMRC

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Machiavellian, malevolent.....I love it!

If you went all the way up to the away matches at Middlesborough when Steve was manager, you’d have had the same thoughts because on each occasion our performances were dreadful, effectively handing the points to Middlesborough on a plate, gift wrapped with a pretty bow on top!

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

If you went all the way up to the away matches at Middlesborough when Steve was manager, you’d have had the same thoughts because on each occasion our performances were dreadful, effectively handing the points to Middlesborough on a plate, gift wrapped with a pretty bow on top!

Rams fans should turn up on the 12th Feb at Meddlingboro and throw dollies on the pitch and chant "put them back in your pram"

I'm sure someone else has probably said this, at some point. I am, in no way, defending Mel's record, but:

1. He's certainly tried.

2. He's not managed to us promoted.

3. He is a fan.

4. He is, by all accounts, ill.

5. He could have put us in administration a month ago. If he had... immediate fire sale.

So... is it possible that, whilst there are certainly many arguments to the contrary (and they are very much fair), that he has actually picked pretty much the *best* time to send us into admin?

Yes, we have minus 12. But- we have a chance of survival.

Yes, we could lose our best players in January for pittance... but we *could* have been sold by then and not have it *quite* so bad.

Yes, we could get relegated.... but maybe we would've done anyway. He could have put us in administration 4 months ago and we'd have definitely been relegated.

If his illness is as bad as reported, then whilst he should certainly be held to task for some aspects of his reign, should he be given *some* benefit of the doubt?